OT: State money well spent | The Boneyard

OT: State money well spent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365626287.976183.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
IM sure you could have put that sign up yourself, but I do like the effort of the guy holding up the ladder.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Darn! People have jobs! Why didn't they all get laid off and go on welfare so we can pay for them to sit around at home and get no return on our tax dollar!?

Don't hate on people making an honest living.

Typical Connecticut resident mentality.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
On a consulting assignment for the state I was given a flowchart titled "How Many State Employees Does it take to Change a lightbulb?"

The answer is 13. First there's the requisition to have the light bulb replaced,,,,,,etc.

Reaction Score
You miss the point, that's not an honest living. It's a scam. Look at the two clowns pretending to hold the ladder.

Probably 3-4 others also out of the picture on a smoke or sleep break.

#dirtbags

Darn! People have jobs! Why didn't they all get laid off and go on welfare so we can pay for them to sit around at home and get no return on our tax dollar!?

Don't hate on people making an honest living.

Typical Connecticut resident mentality.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
You miss the point, that's not an honest living. It's a scam. Look at the two clowns pretending to hold the ladder.

Probably 3-4 others also out of the picture on a smoke or sleep break.

#dirtbags

Lol. Ok, buddy. Normally I avoid this subject on this board, but this post pushed my button.

I don't miss the point. I just think it's a misguided opinion. I work for the State and work d*mn hard for the money I make. I don't dare accuse anyone else of being lazy at work because I have respect for others and don't know a d*mn thing about their jobs.

These guys have a boss who assigns them what to do, just like you do. These guys aren't scamming anyone. They're just doing what they're told. And they work hard, despite the unwarranted reputation.

They work the job because it was probably the job that offered them the most pay and best benefits of any job they were offered. Looking at it that way, wouldn't you take that job, too? They're not there to scam you. They don't even care about politics. They just want to do the job and go home, just like you. IT'S JUST A JOB! Why so much vitriol for a guy doing the best he can for himself and his family?

Alright I'm done ranting. Until my next button gets pushed.

Reaction Score
I think there are plenty of workers that work hard for the state. This isn't an example of one of those.

Lol. Ok, buddy. Normally I avoid this subject on this board, but this post pushed my button.

I don't miss the point. I just think it's a misguided opinion. I work for the State and work d*mn hard for the money I make. I don't dare accuse anyone else of being lazy at work because I have respect for others and don't know a d*mn thing about their jobs.

These guys have a boss who assigns them what to do, just like you do. These guys aren't scamming anyone. They're just doing what they're told. And they work hard, despite the unwarranted reputation.

They work the job because it was probably the job that offered them the most pay and best benefits of any job they were offered. Looking at it that way, wouldn't you take that job, too? They're not there to scam you. They don't even care about politics. They just want to do the job and go home, just like you. IT'S JUST A JOB! Why so much vitriol for a guy doing the best he can for himself and his family?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
It's funny that people judge others based on one candid photo on the job. As if everyone here has never taken a pee-break or a second at a water-cooler or a moment to hear about their co-worker's kid who had the flu last week. None of those candid shots would put any of us in a good light, would they?

I worked construction with my father during the summers (and he did it all year round, all of his life, for over 45 years). Let me tell you all something about trades that involve physical work more than mental work; you can't be hustling for 8 hours straight. You just can't. If you think that makes you lazy, or if you think that makes you a bad worker, then it means you have never worked in a manual-labor trade and it may serve you well to try it out for a week straight. When you're having problems getting up in the morning on day number 5, we'll regroup and talk about this some more.

Now that I've put that out there, let's get back on topic, which should be the tremendous pride and joy that I feel for the women's hoops team as well as for UConn in general. Bleed blue.... :cool:

Reaction Score
I think it's difficult to draw meaningful conclusions about a group of guys based off of one picture.

That said, let's not make this a cesspool thread... (although the thread title suggests that it was more or less intended to be).

Reaction Score
It's funny that people judge others based on one candid photo on the job. As if everyone here has never taken a pee-break or a second at a water-cooler or a moment to hear about their co-worker's kid who had the flu last week. None of those candid shots would put any of us in a good light, would they?

... or hours spent reading/commenting on the BY :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
My only complaint is why don't they just leave the sign up there? All you need to do is replace the last 2 numbers every once in awhile.

Expect a union complaint! :)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If you want to kill state employees you had a great opportunity this week. The department head parking her sports car in the state garage for months in a parking crunch... then when she is legitimately called out by the parking coordinator, the person actually doing their job correctly is told to find another job.

The State steals and wastes our tax money. It's not the guys hanging signs on the highway who are responsible.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
The State steals and wastes our tax money. It's not the guys hanging signs on the highway who are responsible.

This. It isn't the rank and file.

Anyway, I apologize for starting a tstorm. I'd much rather talk UConn hoops with you guys.

RS9999X

Reaction Score
This. It isn't the rank and file.

Yet it is. In many cases they get away with murder and know it. There's no incentive for union members to become more efficient or work on higher priority tasks. If anything there is disincentive. Try telling a fellow union member you are submitting a plan to eliminate their jobs. Tell them you want to make that a new job description: eliminating as many union jobs as possible.

RS9999X

Reaction Score
Just duck*ing stop.

If anyone wants to show off their big brains, head to the Cesspool.

Dude I live there With 12 other deformed fish swimming in the muck :)

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Pop quiz for the geniuses lampooning the photo:

1. What is the surface area of the sign/
2. How much does it weigh?
3. Calculate the wind loading on the sign in a 10 mph wind perpendicular to the sign face. Show your work.
4. Describe the safety requirements for establishing a shoulder work zone on an interstate highway with an average traffic speed of 65 mph.

The changing of the championship sign before the team returns from Bradley is something the players really enjoy. Stop being a bunch of turds floating in the championship punch bowl.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Pop quiz for the geniuses lampooning the photo:

1. What is the surface area of the sign/
2. How much does it weigh?
3. Calculate the wind loading on the sign in a 10 mph wind perpendicular to the sign face. Show your work.
4. Describe the safety requirements for establishing a shoulder work zone on an interstate highway with an average traffic speed of 65 mph.

The changing of the championship sign before the team returns from Bradley is something the players really enjoy. Stop being a bunch of turds floating in the championship punch bowl.

But how many people would it take to just put new reflective stickers on a sign that has all the championships?

Seriously why do they constantly change the signs instead of just having one where they add the years?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Can we please either delete this thread or move it to where it belongs? Not even sure why it was started on the CR board....it's amazing what people complain about....there's a reason I don't even click on the Cesspool link. If this is just a glimpse, and I'm sure it's not even close to the level it gets ont hat board, then I'd probably want to strangle some people. All of you criticizing these guys are morons. Enough said....you stick to doing your job and let these guys do what they're asked to do.....

Reaction Score

I don't doubt you work hard for you money as do plenty of others. I work for a firm that does work for the DOT and work with alot of DOT personnel. Quite frankly there's a boatload of deadweight. It could be a function of how they operate (which is completely backwards) or the personnel.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
But how many people would it take to just put new reflective stickers on a sign that has all the championships?

Seriously why do they constantly change the signs instead of just having one where they add the years?

Because the material isn't very expensive and it would look pretty crappy. See every sign where they swap out the governor's name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog