OT: South Carolina Favored in SEC | The Boneyard

OT: South Carolina Favored in SEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Good stuff. Not OT though. Anything related to WBB isn't OT IMHO...

I was curious who they were going to pick 2nd. I agree with Mississippi State - They had no senior starters graduate last year and bring back Vivians, who I think is just terrific.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Player of the Year
A'ja Wilson, South Carolina

Preseason All-SEC
Makayla Epps, Kentucky
Victoria Vivians, Mississippi State
Alaina Coates, South Carolina
A'ja Wilson, South Carolina
Diamond DeShields, Tennessee

Reaction Score
Will be interesting to see, if as predicted, A'ja is POV or whether in her senior year and preparing for the draft DD gets game (or whether Makayla can squeeze in there).

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm not surprised at SC or A'ja. I think that Diamond was pre-season All-American last year. How did that work out?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I'm not surprised at SC or A'ja. I think that Diamond was pre-season All-American last year. How did that work out?
She wasn't fully healthy either. Last year at least early in the season. When she jumped she had to do so from one leg. Not being able to get any lift from the other leg. This year she is going in healthy. If she stays healthy she can win SEC POY.

Reaction Score

I was curious who they were going to pick 2nd. I agree with Mississippi State - They had no senior starters graduate last year and bring back Vivians, who I think is just terrific.

Anything Not Named UConn is OT!!!!! :rolleyes:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Will be interesting to see, if as predicted, A'ja is POV or whether in her senior year and preparing for the draft DD gets game (or whether Makayla can squeeze in there).

A'ja is a junior and she can't declare for the draft this year even if she wanted to because she's too young.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

Mississippi State will be a tough team for anybody this year. They lost nobody and will be better with a year's worth of experience and Vic Schaefer who's a good coach. If Vivians can get some more help and their offense catches up with what will be a very good defense.. WATCH OUT.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I can't believe KY is picked 4th. They return FIVE scholarship players. The add a decent frosh, a transfer from Cincinnati, and FOUR walk-ons.

A lot of Kentucky basketball fans in SEC media.. they will never be picked lower than 6th.

Reaction Score
I can't believe KY is picked 4th. They return FIVE scholarship players. The add a decent frosh, a transfer from Cincinnati, and FOUR walk-ons.

They have a decent core with 4 players back who averaged 20+ minutes, including Epps.
But they have no depth.

Reaction Score
A'ja is a junior and she can't declare for the draft this year even if she wanted to because she's too young.
Reread what I said slowly :) "Will be interesting to see, if as predicted, A'ja is POV or whether in her senior year and preparing for the draft DD gets game (or whether Makayla can squeeze in there)."

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Reread what I said slowly :) "Will be interesting to see, if as predicted, A'ja is POV or whether in her senior year and preparing for the draft DD gets game (or whether Makayla can squeeze in there)."

Ah. I can see clearly now.

They better win it this year.

Either way, Epps will be gone for Wilson's senior year and DeShields will probably be gone as well if she has the kind of year a lot of people think she will have. Potential #1 draft pick and all. Who will be in Wilson's way next year? I can see Vivians and Cunningham at Missouri being big challengers next year.

I am not going to miss Makayla Epps. She's a headache. Nothing personal.. I felt the same way about Meighan Simmons (sorry LV fans).

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Good. Two more years means two more seasons to improve and two more chances to win a championship.

When you're young and you win in JHS or HS you believe winning is an eternal part of your life. As you age you start to see that the times you remember best are the championship or near championship years, and they become few and far between. In all sports most athletes find that becoming a champion is a difficult and rare event. Some never achieve that chip. So I say, this year is SC's big chance. If Geno can't have another, let's go Dawn and A'ja.

Reaction Score
Mississippi State will be a tough team for anybody this year. They lost nobody and will be better with a year's worth of experience and Vic Schaefer who's a good coach. If Vivians can get some more help and their offense catches up with what will be a very good defense.. WATCH OUT.

I've heard Morgan William has grown 1/4" this summer.............just kidding.......... she is a really fun player to watch but if she's 5'5" as listed, I'm 6'5"......and I'm not!!!!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score

I thought you were one of the few that said anything not related to UConn basketball was considered OT... like "Dodson to Stanford" or "Muffett Speaks" or "Lynx vs Sparks Predictions".
I only ask cause I hesitate to what is OT and whats not... most of the time I just say "frick it" its about basketball, no OT needed

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

You didn't say it slowly enough.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I thought you were one of the few that said anything not related to UConn basketball was considered OT... like "Dodson to Stanford" or "Muffett Speaks" or "Lynx vs Sparks Predictions".
I only ask cause I hesitate to what is OT and whats not... most of the time I just say "frick it" its about basketball, no OT needed
That wasn't me... :)

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Love it. Watching every minute. I wish I could see all of the media days on cable as I'm watching SEC day now. Go Dawn, Go Stephanie.
I'm watching also and I have enjoyed it. Good interviews Andy Landers said Diamond DeShields has a skill set second to none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom