Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
USA_vs_Columbia.jpg
June 22, 2015 9 p.m. ET WNT vs Colombia
Commonwealth Stadium; Edmonton, Canada
FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports Go, NBC Universo
[LINK] to FIFA info

Reaction Score
I think if you double check the time, this game starts at 8:00 PM EDT.

Reaction Score
I think if you double check the time, this game starts at 8:00 PM EDT.
Correcto Frodo! Thanks for that. My bad. :eek: FIFA site clearly states 20:00.

Game starts at 8 eastern time.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Should (should) be an easy game for USA. Actually easier then their group games. Hopefully they can get their offense going.

Reaction Score
Should (should) be an easy game for USA. Actually easier then their group games. Hopefully they can get their offense going.
If they don't, trouble looms for sure!

Reaction Score

Theoretically yes. But this is a U.S. team that has been shutout by Iceland, South Korea, and Sweden in recent games - and Colombia did beat France 2-0 last week. So I'm not counting any chickens at this point. The U.S. should score against this team - but it is certainly possible that they could dominate play and not find the back of the net.

Hopefully all of the Colombian trash talk will awaken the U.S. a bit. And hopefully we won't see Sydney Leroux on the field at any point.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Theoretically yes. But this is a U.S. team that has been shutout by Iceland, South Korea, and Sweden in recent games - and Colombia did beat France 2-0 last week. So I'm not counting any chickens at this point. The U.S. should score against this team - but it is certainly possible that they could dominate play and not find the back of the net.

Hopefully all of the Colombian trash talk will awaken the U.S. a bit. And hopefully we won't see Sydney Leroux on the field at any point.
Disagree, hopefully we don't see Wambach. i.e. we only use her as a late sub if we need a goal when we are just dumping the ball forward. And hopefully we won't have to play like that. Start Morgan and Press up top and use Leroux as a sub for Morgan.

Reaction Score
Disagree, hopefully we don't see Wambach. i.e. we only use her as a late sub if we need a goal when we are just dumping the ball forward. And hopefully we won't have to play like that. Start Morgan and Press up top and use Leroux as a sub for Morgan.

Agree completely about starting Press and Morgan - although it sounded like Ellis was wavering on Alex. As for subbing, I'd prefer Leroux if they have a lead but Wambach if they are trailing, solely for her ability on set pieces. Better yet, neither.

Reaction Score
Colombia is talking all sorts of trash on the US before their Women's World Cup elimination game

This happened the last time the US played Colombia.
(USA in light, Colombia in dark.)

USA_vs_Columbia_2.jpg

(“I hit her, what else I can say?)
Tonight's game might get a little physical.

[LINK] to more quotes, vids, and pics.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised with the lack of love being shown Abby. We haven't scored as a team and our front line didn't impress anyone when Abby was on the bench. She's old and the team slows down with her in there, but she knows how to score and I think that we will need that from here on in.

If I'm Jill I'm riding that horse as far as it takes me.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised with the lack of love being shown Abby. We haven't scored as a team and our front line didn't impress anyone when Abby was on the bench. She's old and the team slows down with her in there, but she knows how to score and I think that we will need that from here on in.

If I'm Jill I'm riding that horse as far as it takes me.

Riding that horse won't take them very far. There are much better options. Defense is much weaker with Wambach on the field and the offense is more limited.

Reaction Score
Watching the game. I think some of those Columbian women are two-sport athletes and played hoops for ND.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
USA soccer needs to look closely at the coaching staff and determine if more games of this sort of rubbish can be called a foreshadowing of improvement or moving the program forward. This team has clearly reterogressed under Ellis. No wing offense, no midfield concept, weird substitutions and player management.

Reaction Score
The Wambach/Morgan combination is not working. We really are not scoring, lucky we have gotten the penalty kicks. We need more help up front.

Reaction Score
USA soccer needs to look closely at the coaching staff and determine if more games of this sort of rubbish can be called a foreshadowing of improvement or moving the program forward. This team has clearly reterogressed under Ellis. No wing offense, no midfield concept, weird substitutions and player management.

Yes, Ellis was not the right choice. Team is not playing well to say the least, but fortunately the backline has been solid. Best case may be to tie the tough games 0-0 and hope to advance on PK's.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
The US has the speed available on the flanks to force the defense to spread out their bunker defenses. But if we keep forcing everything to the center, our team gives away a major strategic advantage. The two-forward approach works only if they are both totally on the same page and are of superior ability. No indication of either factor tonight. Three across the front is clearly in order. China is very technical and adept at moving the ball in tight spaces. The lazy defensive pursuit I saw tonight will get us hammered if played against an otherwise beatable Chinese side.

Reaction Score
Some of the Surf soccer coaches can do better than this.
Surf is a competitve soccer club in San Diego.

Reaction Score
I am not a big style of play guy, but good grief. We could still play suffocating defensive soccer and dispense with these Route 1, long ball tactics. That was great when Wambach was younger and she didn't need pinpoint service to her head.

And what is up with bypassing the midfield altogether? It's such a crazy way to play. The players on this team are too good to have to resort to these tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom