OT: SMU vs Cal NIT | The Boneyard

OT: SMU vs Cal NIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
This game is about to end, with SMU up 2 with 30 seconds left. It's been a solid game, and I am even more impressed with the crowd in the arena. It seems clear that SMU is preparing themselves for a big upward move in basketball (which is good for the conference). And getting another quality team to step up in this conference will be huge with the Ville leaving. Oops...SMU is down by 1 right now with 15 seconds left...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
SMU wins by 2 with a clutch 3-pointer by Nic Moore with about 6 seconds left, and Cal rims out a 3-pointer at the buzzer with a chance to steal it back. And the fans are storming the court. This has a very "1988 Huskies NIT" type feel to it. Let's hope they don't get THAT good, but good enough to help out the conference...

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Good for SMU.

p.s.
Damn, what an atmosphere in their arena.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
They have made their remodeled Moody Coliseum a very tough place to play. It looks nice inside but it still has the feel of a 1950's era arena with the crowd sitting right on top of the court.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
There's no doubt that they have created a fantastic atmosphere down there, and they are even pulling local stars to see the games (Cowboys players and coach, etc.). It's going to be interesting to see how they travel to MSG for the semi's of the NIT. If they travel well....we may have ourselves a new rival in this league come next year...

BUHusky

Reaction Score
There's no doubt that they have created a fantastic atmosphere down there, and they are even pulling local stars to see the games (Cowboys players and coach, etc.). It's going to be interesting to see how they travel to MSG for the semi's of the NIT. If they travel well....we may have ourselves a new rival in this league come next year...

...oh, and a former President of the USA... :)

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
...oh, and a former President of the USA... :)

I was going to add the name George Bush, but I was worried it would take the focus away from the team (and possibly start a ridiculous tangent). But you're absolutely right; that's about as big-time an audience as you can get! They probably also got at least 3 secret service agents to watch the game, too... ;)

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Jeric Griffin @JericGriffin Follow
Tony Romo, Jason Garrett, Jason Witten, Troy Aikman, Eric Dickerson and George Bush among celebrities in attendance of #SMU-#Louisville game

Reaction Score
I was going to add the name George Bush, but I was worried it would take the focus away from the team (and possibly start a ridiculous tangent). But you're absolutely right; that's about as big-time an audience as you can get! They probably also got at least 3 secret service agents to watch the game, too... ;)

Shh, don't tell Nelson. He will come back with something worthy of the Cesspool.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Shh, don't tell Nelson. He will come back with something worthy of the Cesspool.

For full disclosure, I'm about as lefty as they come. And I'm not ashamed to say that it is ALWAYS an honor for a former president to visit a university, regardless of politics.

As for Nelson, I'm actually more concerned with him possibly commenting on this thread about how SMU sucks and we need to go to the new Big East IMMEDIATELY!!!

Reaction Score
Jeric Griffin @JericGriffin Follow
Tony Romo, Jason Garrett, Jason Witten, Troy Aikman, Eric Dickerson and George Bush among celebrities in attendance of #SMU-#Louisville game

For an NIT game. Impressive. Hopefully some of the SMU mania spills over into their football program.

SMU's success has also lit a fire under Houston. If Sampson (if he gets the job) can do something similar at Houston this basketball conference will be in great shape. The one benefit of being so spread out as a conference is we don't cannibalize each other on the recruiting trail.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
For an NIT game. Impressive. Hopefully some of the SMU mania spills over into their football program.

SMU's success has also lit a fire under Houston, they must be jealous. If Sampson (if he gets the job) can do something similar at Houston this basketball conference will be in great shape.

I should have clarified that the tweet was from the SMU-Louisville game. So actually, all of those people were in attendance for a regular season AAC matchup... ;)

BUHusky

Reaction Score
I should have clarified that the tweet was from the SMU-Louisville game. So actually, all of those people were in attendance for a regular season AAC matchup... ;)
Dubya was also at the game tonight (ESPN showed him taking pictures with Saunders and Fraschilla). I'm no fan of the man's work, but that's still pretty freaking cool to have him at an NIT game.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Why are you concerned about a two term president

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Why are you concerned about a two term president

Mainly to keep politics off the main board, because a number of people can't resist a prompt, no matter how unimportant it is to the conversation at hand....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom