OT- Skins trade 4 picks for RG3 | The Boneyard

OT- Skins trade 4 picks for RG3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dumb trade. Trading away potentially 3 top ten picks for a rookie QB.

Rams, welcome back to relevance.

Reaction Score
When you overpay for a Ferrari, you still get to drive the Ferrari.

Ecstatic Skins fan here.

Reaction Score
I'm a Skins fan as well, and I think it's too much. Skins next first round pick is in 2015. A huge roll of the dice for a rookie QB. I don't think the Giants gave up that much to get Eli. It's a typical Snyder move. He reminds me of RU.....all flash but no substance.

Reaction Score
RG and Eli different style qbs no ? Can RG make switch from college system to pro?

Reaction Score

Ecstatic Skins fan here.
Yeah, but the Ferrari may have a Yugo engine under the hood. Buyer beware.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Sounds like the trade that made the Cowboys, not the Vikings, relevant in the 1990s. This time though, Herschel Walker hasn't done anything in the NFL yet.

Reaction Score
For a partial running QB who doesn't have Cam's size at all, that's a lot of potentially fragile eggs in one basket. Good thing Mr. S has a lot of $...

Reaction Score
What a great deal for the Rams, talk about being in the right place at the right time! They have a great young qb, and now have 2 first rounders the next 3 years (and an extra second rounder this year). They can get better in a hurry.

Reaction Score
Wow, what were the Redskins thinking? Do they play games on paper now?

They're probably thinking about how unstoppable RG3 is gonna be in Madden. Just reeks of desperation and like I said before, the typical grab the headlines move by Snyder.

Reaction Score
Didn't Giants pay a similar price or close to it for Manning. That worked out ok.

Reaction Score
Didn't Giants pay a similar price or close to it for Manning. That worked out ok.

No. The Giants gave up 2 firsts a 3rd and a 5th. The Skins are giving up 3 1sts and a 2nd. That is a lot more.

The Chargers actually made out well in that deal. Philip Rivers, Shawn Merriman (who was ridiculous until roids/knees caught up to him) and Nate Kaeding were what they got out of the deal. Not bad at all.

Reaction Score

Not really. Both trades involved swapping 2 high picks but other than that the Giants gave up a 1st, 3rd, and 5th round pick. The Skins are giving up a 2nd rounder and two other first round picks. Significantly steeper. For this to work out those future 1's better be in the mid 20's range.

Reaction Score
the year after the Eli draft when the Giants didnt have a 1st round pick they drafted Corey Webster in the 2nd round, Justin Tuck in the 3rd round, and Brandon Jacobs in the 4th round, not too bad, the Skins will have to draft well in the later rounds thats key to building a team, Jerry Reese has a proven track record getting steals in the draft or through UDFA, when Accorsi was the GM at the time Reese was the head of scouting for the Giants.

Reaction Score
RG3 is worth more than Eli was, because Eli had to get a huge contract and RG3 is constrained to a slot.

I am guessing most of you guys posting are Giants or Patriots fans. You likely don't understand what it is like in the current NFL to not have a franchise QB. Team's with franchise QB's essentially get into the playoffs automatically. Team's that don't, hope to go 9-7 and get hot at the right time.

If Robert Griffin is a franchise QB, this is an absolute steal. If he isn't, we try again in 3 years.

Reaction Score
You likely don't understand what it is like in the current NFL to not have a franchise QB. Team's with franchise QB's essentially get into the playoffs automatically. Team's that don't, hope to go 9-7 and get hot at the right time.

I would say Eli Manning is a franchise quarterback, and this is exactly what happened to the Giants twice.

Reaction Score

Ecstatic Skins fan here.

Can't drive it if you have no money left over for gas.

Reaction Score
if the Skins feel like RG3 is their guy then good for them its about how well they draft in the later rounds that will determine how well they do in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom