• No

Votes: 14 42.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I would assume almost every OL Coach earns less than every OC at just about every level of football.

It should be interesting to see the new O/C and his or her salary compared to the past O/C and whether or not Cummings took a pay cut.

Reaction Score
I said no, but I'm more along the lines of "It Depends". If they need extra money to attract a proven OC that will be able to keep up with the offensive coaches coming, then yes he should take a pay cut.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Of course he should. That all comes with being demoted. If he's no longer the OC, then he should be paid well below whoever the OC is paid. But if Diaco believes in him, this can all be thrown under the "Assistant's pool" debate we had a year ago when Narduzzi made his claim. Pay the right people. I just hope Cummings is the right person.

Reaction Score
I'm in the "depends" pool, too. I totally agree that the OC should be making more than him. However, I also hear that or assistants are fairly low-to-middling on the pay scale. As long as the new guy is paid according to his status I have no problems with Cummings staying at his prior level. These assistants are often fluid in their job descriptions and sharing roles on the staff anyway.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Foley took a pay cut when he got demoted.

(ducks as UCONNDan throws an iron at my head lol)

Reaction Score
Him taking a paycut whether we like or not, may or may not happen... Let's just get somebody in here that can get this offense off the ground... quite honestly, if we don't get a guy in here that can infuse immediate results, look for another debbie downer season guys... hope and pray for 3 wins...maximum...

Bonehead

Reaction Score
I imagine whatever the answer is lies within his contract and isn't something that can be debated.

I believe you to almost always be right - except maybe on this!! LOL

as state employee I suggest it could be debated...not just on this board but in a political public forum. Maybe I am Wro...Wron...Wrong...
But if a state employee at DOT gets demoted he doesnt said employee take a pay cut, job responsibilities are less and such, how would that be different for Cummings?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I believe you to almost always be right - except maybe on this!! LOL

as state employee I suggest it could be debated...not just on this board but in a political public forum. Maybe I am Wro...Wron...Wrong...
But if a state employee at DOT gets demoted he doesnt said employee take a pay cut, job responsibilities are less and such, how would that be different for Cummings?

The difference being that these positions have been very fluid historically and what happens when there are changes may exist in the language.

It's not as cut and dry as your average state job.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
The difference being that these positions have been very fluid historically and what happens when there are changes may exist in the language.

It's not as cut and dry as your average state job.

Fair enough - you may know more about that than I - however I find it highly unlikely that the state would not question or possibly intervene if it was brought to their attention that Man1 made X as the OL coach, Man 2 made X+Y as the OC, man 3 makes X+Y+X as the new OC and Man 2 is now the OL ocach and makes X=Y still.

There are some politicians who would use that as a means to start to get their voice heard, and to be honest I think they would have a point. It might not get him to take a pay cut but if the roar got loud he might resign?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I've thought about it and have decided that I don't care one way or another.
...and neither should anyone else.

Husky25

Reaction Score
E

Even if we end up being $50000 short making a superlative hire??

Fair enough.

Are you under the impression that Coach Diaco is scouring the Monster and Careerfinder.com web sites to fill this position? The hire is already made. This is a public institution and the job has to be publically posted.

Whatever happens with Coach Cummings' salary has already been determined. Taking $50,000 from him will not increase the quality of the coach already on their way to Storrs.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Are you under the impression that Coach Diaco is scouring the Monster and Careerfinder.com web sites to fill this position? The hire is already made. This is a public institution and the job has to be publically posted.

Whatever happens with Coach Cummings' salary has already been determined. Taking $50,000 from him will not increase the quality of the coach already on their way to Storrs.

No I am not under that impression and agree the decision is made -

Point being if it is Lafleur, for example, better could have been had with salary changes to staff members who are doing less but making the same.

Do you believe this was Bobs decision to demote and to replace???

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
E

Even if we end up being $50000 short making a superlative hire??

Fair enough.

Are we $50,000 short of making a superlative hire?

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Are we $50,000 short of making a superlative hire?
I don't know. I don't have that insight into the program. Not sure anyone does. Has UCONN confirmed Hank Hughes is no longer with the team yet??

If everyone thinks it doesn't matter I can be persuaded.

Maybe Ken Krayeske is the only person who would agree with me - only in America do you get demoted and have less responsibility but get to make the same salary.

Husky25

Reaction Score
It really doesn't matter to me who made the decision to make the change as long as the offense improves, but feet to the fire, I'd say Coach Diaco still has full control of the team. According to my eye test, there was a severe lack of talent in key areas of the 2014 team.

Reaction Score
I don't know. I don't have that insight into the program. Not sure anyone does. Has UCONN confirmed Hank Hughes is no longer with the team yet??

Maybe Ken Krayeske is the only person who would agree with me - only in America do you get demoted and have less responsibility but get to make the same salary.

That guy is such a Richard. He's like the worst of Jeff Jacobs magnified into some , self entitled, terrible reporter.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Hank Hughes is either at Cinci or Nebraska. I can confirm he's not at UConn nor has he been for a fairly long time.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Hank Hughes is either at Cinci or Nebraska. I can confirm he's not at UConn nor has he been for a fairly long time.

My bad - got my former Edsall coaches confused -

Mike Foley would be who I meant...

Reaction Score
No I am not under that impression and agree the decision is made -

Point being if it is Lafleur, for example, better could have been had with salary changes to staff members who are doing less but making the same.

Do you believe this was Bobs decision to demote and to replace???

I believe this was Diaco's call and if I'm not mistaken all of our assistant coaches are on 1 year contracts. I'm not sure when those contracts renew but I'm assuming that Cummings will make less than he did last year.

But as others have said, who cares?

Bonehead

Reaction Score
UConn stepping up on assistants salaries:

Cummings OL Coach - 292,000 Max bonus 48,666 - 350,000 OL Coach
Mike Foley UConn OL Coach - 192,000 max bonus 32,000 - 224,000 OL Coach
Memphis OL Coach - 208,000 Max Bonus 0 - 208,000 OL Coach
UCF OL Coach 200,000 Max Bonus 16,667 - 216,000 OL Coach
Alabama and FSU OL Coach 500,000 OL Coach

Assistant coaches salaries moving forward should be a non-issue at UConn FB. Glad to see it -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom