OT: Shooting at Sandy Hook (Newtown) elementery school | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Shooting at Sandy Hook (Newtown) elementery school

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I dont have kids I am only 22 and this is a terrible trajedy, Ialso used to live in that area and go to elementary school are but I think the issue at hand is much deeper than gun control.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I've never seen the President like that. If that didn't get you, something's wrong.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
my cousin goes to the school, he is apparently at home ok.
I'm happy for your good news and sad for those not as fortunate.

I don't think most of us give much emotional investment to the horrible stuff that goes on daily in this world because it's just too ponderous. When things strike close to home, geographically or because events are similar to our own situations, the horror is brought to the forefront.

A sick individual who loses the ability to contain the desire for revenge by killing will frequently succeed in accomplishing the task especially if the individual doesn't value any life including their own. If that person has only their hands, the amount of damage should be far less than if that individual has scud missiles with chemical, biological or nuclear weapons attached to them. And that is the dilemma modern humanity has over previous generations. There is probably a relative constant throughout history of human's who can't restrain their aggressiveness or who lose their sanity, but the modality of weapons has changed.

Naturally we should all discuss these things and no time is better or worse than other times. Sadly when our emotions are brought into play, we become entrenched in out ideas and rather than listening to one another with the intent of determining if our positions have flaws, most of us prefer to fight one another to defend our ideas. And that is a basic flaw in human nature imo. Because every position we could take can only be defended if we knew all possible future outcomes. And that is impossible. I've argued with myself about the merits of many of the proposals people are offering in this forum and ultimately I find arguments refuting whatever position I propose.

Obviously this is a world which we have some control of our destinies, so it is advisable to look for the best possible solution. But this should be qualified. People should pay attention to counter arguments to be vigilant that the counter arguments offered don't end up turning true. In other words every solution has limitations and dangers.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
My fiance teaches at an elementary school 20 minutes away...I'm so very thankful that she's coming home today. I can't begin to say how sorry I am to those whose loved ones won't, especially the families of the 20 children.

Reaction Score
my cousin goes to the school, he is apparently at home ok.

Great to hear....my prayers go to him and his friends and family that need to deal with this now....just plain awful, beyond comprehension!!

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
RickRolled???
Really, dude?
And this is somehow appropriate to you....at this time?
Fricken' imbecile.

That link must have changed. It was previously a video of Ryan Lanza when he was still (incorrectly) named as the shooter.

Reaction Score
At the time, 27 dead, 18 children, mostly kindergarteners. I've been crying for awhile now. The worst school shooting in US history, and the worst shooting in CT history in 200 years. I wonder what that was?

We did so much for JC with our fundraising. What can we do for the many victims of this horrifing tragedy?

I was thinking the same thing. I doubt money will help, but if there was something we could physically do I'm sure many of us would help. I'm just not sure what there is to do in situation like this other than pray.

Reaction Score
The video I posted was of Ryan Lanza. I probably shouldn't have posted it so hastily but every news outlet was reporting that Ryan Lanza was the killer. I feel terrible for this Ryan Lanza guy, at first everyone thought he was one of our nation's worst ever killers, turns out it wasn't him but he has to find out his own brother murdered his mother, 20 children and 6 educators. He needs our thoughts and prayers right now.

Reaction Score
I wish there was something I could do as well to ease the pain of those of you so close to this crazy human disaster. To say I am saddened by this event would rob it of meaning because there are no words to define the sense of tragedy at losing so many cute and gorgeous little people in such a way.

No one should have to endure this - and I mean it in the broadest possible terms. Our hearts are with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom