OT: Shannon Sharpe or Stephen A. Smith? | The Boneyard

OT: Shannon Sharpe or Stephen A. Smith?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
can't even listen to smith, a 'nails on the blackboard' vibe. sharpe, on the other hand, is funny, intelligent, and insightful. he has a noticeable lack of fake anger and outrage, unlike that other guy.

Reaction Score
can't even listen to smith, a 'nails on the blackboard' vibe. sharpe, on the other hand, is funny, intelligent, and insightful. he has a noticeable lack of fake anger and outrage, unlike that other guy.
These would be useful traits for you to inject into your posting style.

This is in no way an endorsement of Stephen A.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Given the recent takes on this website, I don't have high hopes for the direction this thread will take.

Reaction Score
I've always though that SAS was particularly insightful. Many times, after listening to his show, I think about his thoughts and I end up thinking, "yeah, that's a good insight."
His delivery is schtick, but as LeBatard said once, "I want to be as passionate about anything the way that guy is passionate about everything."
Thing about SAS is that his acute perception gets lost in his exaggerated delivery.

The other guy doesn't do a thing for me. Neither insightful nor irritating nor entertaining. Just another talking head who was, once upon a time, a great athlete.

Reaction Score
Shannon Sharpe is funny as hell. As far as insightful dialogue, I don't expect much from either and I don't think they're on air to provide meaningful thought provoking deep insight. They're supposed to be like the one uncle or co worker who you can argue with and debate about sports with.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Shay Sharpe and it isn't even close. SAS should be retired his style of hot takes should be retired.

Reaction Score
Smith stopped trying as evidenced by his recent prediction which was live and he was told in order..."He's out for the year"....and "He isn't on the team anymore"...recently.
Shannon knows football and nothing else. Problem is with Shannon you have to take Bayless and his gossip/innuendo filled tirades, or spending 20 to 30 minutes hearing him trying to tell us the Cowboys signing Randall Cobb makes them a Super Bowl contender.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Is there any particular reason you decided to start this thread about these two people in particular?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
uh, cuz it's march madness time of the year when i'm more likely to watch sports shows to hear what they're saying about the UConn Invitational Tourney?

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Neither. They're both awful.

Them and most of the talking heads are loud-mouths who offer little analysis and only say things for shock value and for entertainment. Kinda like Chief.

Reaction Score
Neither. They're both awful.

Them and most of the talking heads are loud-mouths who offer little analysis and only say things for shock value and for entertainment. Kinda like Chief.
Like I said, they’re wasting Sharpe’s insight and personality on Skip. The latter does nothing but try to devolve every conversation in to taking shots at LeBron and/or heaping praise on Tom Brady. I don’t care what you think about those players; it is extremely tiresome.

That’s not to mention at all the fact that Skip literally argues like a child. If they put anyone besides him (and Rob Parker, who is arguably worse) across the desk from Shay, the show would be far better, and would be somewhat informative.

The new-ish host Jenny blooooowwwwssss as well

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Shay Sharpe and it isn't even close. SAS should be retired his style of hot takes should be retired.

ESPN is reportedly offering him a deal of $10 million per year. 100% increase over his previous contract.

Unfortunately, hot takes and yelling sell.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Like I said, they’re wasting Sharpe’s insight and personality on Skip. The latter does nothing but try to devolve every conversation in to taking shots at LeBron and/or heaping praise on Tom Brady. I don’t care what you think about those players; it is extremely tiresome.

For years and years, Shannon hated on Brady the Pats, so that was a counterpoint to Bayless. He finally gave up though and admitted it's because he was tired of all that winning.

So now it's just Bayless again.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
ESPN is reportedly offering him a deal of $10 million per year. 100% increase over his previous contract.

Unfortunately, hot takes and yelling sell.

Sell very well.

Reaction Score
For years and years, Shannon hated on Brady the Pats, so that was a counterpoint to Bayless. He finally gave up though and admitted it's because he was tired of all that winning.

So now it's just Bayless again.
So that disqualifies him as having been a hater. Nothing wrong with healthy skepticism surrounding the crowning of a GOAT

intlzncster

Reaction Score
So that disqualifies him as having been a hater. Nothing wrong with healthy skepticism surrounding the crowning of a GOAT

Well, he used to just bash and bash for no reason as well. I get it, I do. Especially among former players. I got no problem with healthy skepticism, but over the years Shannon would try to make a point in direct opposition to an iron clad result staring him in the face. Hence the 'hater' designation.

Anyhow, neither here nor there, vis a vis Sharpe vs Smith. Sharpe is generally funnier, but Smith might hit a few higher notes on the comedy scale, whether intentional or not.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom