OT: Sandy | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Sandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
We were lucky. Lost wireless for a bit, but that's all. Many big trees on my street all survived, while, as I posted, a friend had 3 trees hit her house less than a mile from me, one, per a photo she sent, had a limb go right through her bedroom roof. Scary.

ETA: She just texted that she and her family had to move into a hotel.

Reaction Score
No power loss or significant damage that I am aware of in
Middletown. I think we were a little lucky that the storm
hit in southern rather than northern NJ.

Reaction Score
The Jersey shore appears to be decimated. Such a shame. As someone who used to spend a lot of time there during the summer, I have to say this is a heartbreaking and devastating loss.

Luckily, not too much damage in Connecticut. Trees down and power out in the surrounding area. Thank goodness!

Reaction Score
We live across the lawn from Long Island Sound. Mandatory evacuation area. Not wanting to emulate Harry Randall Truman, we got out. This afternoon, we went back during low tide and found our house unscathed. Lost 5 large trees, but they didn't hit anything. A couple tons of rocks, shells, lumber and other debris on the lawn, and holes in the seawall, but the media made us feel like the house might be toast, so we were happy with what we found. Actually, the severity was about the same of the December 1992 nor'easter. Just about the same debris line on the lawn for both storms.

Reaction Score
I live in Torrington, never lost power, although according to the paper, 31 % of Torrington was out of power. No power in much of Falls Village, but we have a giant generator where I work.

Pray for those in New Jersey, New York, and the Connecticut shore, as well as all affected by the storm.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I'M BACK, BABY!! Power just returned and no major damage... good to go!

Let's get this season started ! GO HUSKIES!!

Reaction Score
I just drove around a bit after coming back from Shelton...Was surprised at the number of trees down compared to my street.. I didn't think Stratford was hit too hard before seeing more of it, but just saw online, 8400 are still out of power here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom