OT: Ryder Cup | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Ryder Cup

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
USA got smoked in the second session. Good.

Reaction Score
Not much of a sportsman, eh?

I'm thinking you're one of those types who shouts "Baba-booey" during tee shots and "USA USA USA!" during the Special Olympics:D

I'd love to see a regular tournament played on this course. Guess it'll have to be a future French Open, if that's televised.

You ever see the Euros celebrate an RC win? Sportsman?

Reaction Score
I want this to come down to Sunday.
Some of the US pairings were head scratchers.
If Jordan can't putt, what's he doing?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
You ever see the Euros celebrate an RC win? Sportsman?

Have to admit, I've enjoyed the Euros since Brookline. I followed a bunch around during practice and they were great. Smoking stogies, having a blast, joking with spectators, while our guys all had sticks up their butts. Especially Darren Clarke, he was a riot. Tiger was all off on his lonesome that day.

Was it Leonard who ran across the green when Olazabel was trying to putt?

Reaction Score
Not much of a sportsman, eh?

I'm thinking you're one of those types who shouts "Baba-booey" during tee shots and "USA USA USA!" during the Special Olympics:D

I'd love to see a regular tournament played on this course. Guess it'll have to be a future French Open, if that's televised.
It is where they play the French Open. Part of the European tour. Fleetwood has won there, and Molinari has a few seconds, so lots of local knowledge.
Watched as much as I could, and we did play poorly in the afternoon. I have to question some of those pairings too. There were a few guys that just don’t seem to understand that game. Saw more than 1 iron layup off the tee into a stream nowhere near a fairway. Speith and Mickleson would sit tomorrow if it were up to me.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Reed is useless. Through 8 hasn't hit a fairway. Zero help to Tiger. Just hit a drive so far out of bounds it's in Belgium.

Reaction Score
Leonard was nowhere near Jose’s putt. Also, The Spaniard took his cues from Seve, who was famous for opening the Velcro on his glove during putts during the RC. He also greeted the US team one year and asked how one players wife was by name; when he knew they had just divorced due to infidelity

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Leonard was nowhere near Jose’s putt. Also, The Spaniard took his cues from Seve, who was famous for opening the Velcro on his glove during putts during the RC. He also greeted the US team one year and asked how one players wife was by name; when he knew they had just divorced due to infidelity

Start from 7:54. Maybe nobody was in JMO's precise line, but he had to wait awhile for the green to clear to be able to line up and concentrate on his shot. Note that during the commentary even the American announcer is saying it's bad sportsmanship on the US team's part.

And those shirts were offensive to everybody!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Never seen so many US golfers gagging it's truly embarrassing.

Those shirts were dreadful and the US players were wrong in their celebration. But it's not that big a deal because it's a whole different world in the Ryder Cup the passion is completely different. I would say a couple reactions today were over the top by Euro's and yesterday, there's a feel of kicking while down happening in some areas. I don't blame them, like I said different venue than regular golf.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Never seen so many US golfers gagging it's truly embarrassing.

Those shirts were dreadful and the US players were wrong in their celebration. But it's not that big a deal because it's a whole different world in the Ryder Cup the passion is completely different. I would say a couple reactions today were over the top by Euro's and yesterday, there's a feel of kicking while down happening in some areas. I don't blame them, like I said different venue than regular golf.

Good news for the US is it seems Poulter has lost his magic. Probably next RC he appears in will be as captain, not player. Thomas has been exceptional, especially for a rookie. But El Tigre still sucks. And DJ still can't putt.

MoliWood will probably be a team for the next half dozen RCs. They're a machine and fun to watch.

fwiw, Euros were up 10-6 at Brookline, so this isn't over.

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I can't imagine playing this course even when I had a reasonable handicap. It looks ridiculously intimidating. Slope is 155, which is the max (although I recall Ko'olau stating a 162 slope when I played that).

Reaction Score
Can't blame the players paired with Tiger, he has been no help to himself.

Reaction Score
I can't imagine playing this course even when I had a reasonable handicap. It looks ridiculously intimidating. Slope is 155, which is the max (although I recall Ko'olau stating a 162 slope when I played that).

A couple of the fair ways are ridiculous.

Reaction Score
The Ryder Cup is ridiculous. All of a Europe united to play 1 country? What is their total population versus ours? A contrived boring event.

Reaction Score
The Ryder Cup is ridiculous. All of a Europe united to play 1 country? What is their total population versus ours? A contrived boring event.

it's always the us against the world

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
It's funny how people don't understand how large the US is. US population is 326,766,748. The combined populations of the countries represented (Ireland, England, Spain, Italy, Denmark & Sweden) is 192,603,161. That's 134,163,587 more people in the US than those 6 European countries combined.

Reaction Score
It's funny how people don't understand how large the US is. US population is 326,766,748. The combined populations of the countries represented (Ireland, England, Spain, Italy, Denmark & Sweden) is 192,603,161. That's 134,163,587 more people in the US than those 6 European countries combined.
And about the same as all of Europe.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

Spoken like a true pro wrestling fan.

You must really hate the President's Cup (US vs 6 billion!)

There's usually a German on the Euro team, which would make it more equal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom