OT - Rutgers football coach Kyle Flood and AD Julie Hermann are fighting for their jobs | The Boneyard

OT - Rutgers football coach Kyle Flood and AD Julie Hermann are fighting for their jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...ad_julie_hermann_is_fighting_for_her_job.html

>>As the Rutgers football program has been riddled by arrests, suspensions, allegations of drug use and blowout losses, coach Kyle Flood has fought to keep his job.

But it's Flood's boss who may be the first to answer for the scandals that have torn through the football program.

Rutgers athletic director Julie Hermann is expected to meet with university President Robert Barchi before the end of the weekend, three people familiar with the situation told NJ Advance Media on Friday. The meeting, presumably called by Barchi, is the first evidence the university's administration is preparing to act.

All three people spoke on the condition of anonymity. One of the three said Barchi appears to be leaning toward firing Hermann and Flood once the football season ends.<<

Guess we should be rooting for Turtle U in the Cable Box Bowl tomorrow?

Reaction Score
I thought they were fighting each other in a loser leaves town match ala WWF style. I like Herman in that one.

I'll be rooting for RU if it keeps both of them there. Those two, especially Herman, can't get out of their own way.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Yes, the danger always exists that they hire someone competent, despite the historical record.

Reaction Score
I thought they were fighting each other in a loser leaves town match ala WWF style. I like Herman in that one.

I'll be rooting for RU if it keeps both of them there. Those two, especially Herman, can't get out of their own way.

woman-kicking-man-in-nuts.jpg

Reaction Score
Barchi is a Christie lacky who was hired to over see the merger between RU and UMDNJ. When the Mike Rice scandal went down there was no way Tim Pernetti was going to keep his job..even though he passed on the info to his then boss Barchi. When it came down to replacing Pernetti...Jim Delany recommended to Barchi that RU hire Wisconsin Deputy AD Sean Frazier. Barchi went with the disaster known as Julie Hermann then UL SR Assoc AD and Sr Women Administrator. Barchi will skate again it seems...and hopefully make another bad hire..his track record isn't too good so far.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What's amazing is that Hermann has kept her job this long.

The B1G got it's presence in NYC with RU, but I suspect that it is a bit different than they anticipated.
upload_2015-11-28_9-49-8.png

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
I hate Exit 9 as much as any other sensible college sports fan, but even Barchi can't mess this one up:

There is no way in Hades that you allow Julie Hermann to hire your next football coach.

Period.

Dude needs to fire Hermann, axe Flood, and for Delany's sake if a conference is foolhardy enough sign off on $30 million a year for his lame- athletic department, dude should probably take heed to their advice every now and then. Couldn't hurt, might help.

I dunno. Maybe common sense isn't all that common down at Exit 9...

Reaction Score
If you fire your AD and your coach, you are pretty much giving away the next year's recruiting class. Have to hire the AD before you hire the new head coach. What HS senior with other offers would commit to that lack of stability?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I have to admit that I've enjoyed this Julie/Flood show for as long as it has lasted. I will miss it when it eventually comes to an end. There is not an athletic department more incompetent than Cable Box U.

Reaction Score
Barchi is a Christie lacky who was hired to over see the merger between RU and UMDNJ. When the Mike Rice scandal went down there was no way Tim Pernetti was going to keep his job..even though he passed on the info to his then boss Barchi. When it came down to replacing Pernetti...Jim Delany recommended to Barchi that RU hire Wisconsin Deputy AD Sean Frazier. Barchi went with the disaster known as Julie Hermann then UL SR Assoc AD and Sr Women Administrator. Barchi will skate again it seems...and hopefully make another bad hire..his track record isn't too good so far.

As.long as Christie remains Governor (2 more years, not counting his White House fantasy), Barchi is safe. My guess, Flood get a the axe as Barchi picked Herman. She will then hire Pasqualoni :)

Reaction Score
Julie Hermann out as Rutgers AD
http://www.app.com/story/sports/col...mann-out-rutgers-athletics-director/76519206/

>>Hermann is out Sunday after a meeting at the home of Rutgers president Robert Barchi, who hired her and was her biggest public supporter during some rocky times, Gannett New Jersey has learned.

Rutgers-New Brunswick Chancellor Dick Edwards, who co-chaired the committee to hire Hermann along with booster Kate Sweeney, was seen arriving at Barchi’s home at 12:10 p.m.

Hermann arrived about 15 minutes later. The meeting lasted 11 minutes.<<

great_movie_ride_fun05.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
http://www.app.com/story/sports/col...mann-out-rutgers-athletics-director/76519206/

>>Hermann is out Sunday after a meeting at the home of Rutgers president Robert Barchi, who hired her and was her biggest public supporter during some rocky times, Gannett New Jersey has learned.

Rutgers-New Brunswick Chancellor Dick Edwards, who co-chaired the committee to hire Hermann along with booster Kate Sweeney, was seen arriving at Barchi’s home at 12:10 p.m.

This has 2 years too late...what a utter duck*ng disaster of a dumpster fire!!!

Reaction Score

Somewhat surprised as I did not even know that Barchi knew where the athletic department is after leading powerhouse Thomas Jefferson in Philly before coming to Rutgers. Jefferson, by the way, does not even have an athletic department.

I wonder how much of this is driven by feedback that Rutgers has received that ? in of their targeted replacement football coaches have any interest replacing Flood as long as Herman remains as AD. The local paper here is reporting that Flood is gone.

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/r...d-may-be-fired-after-loss-in-finale-1.1464240

Overall, it's full rebuilding mode for the Scarlett Knights. Going to be a while before the B1G sees a relevant Rutgers on the football field or basketball court. Luckily, the B1G wanted Rutgers for its TV sets and recruiting grounds. Actual athletic success would only be a bonus.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hey Tim, Barchi here.
Oh not much same old thing, nose to grind stone and all that.
Now Tim, about that little misunderstanding we had, I'm thinking we should put all that behind us...
Why are you laughing Tim?
I'm just saying that we like have you back as part of the Rutger fam.... Tim are you even listening to me?
Dumpster fire? Well we've had are problems this year but I don't think ...
Look Pernetti, I can't have this conversation if you won't stop laughing...
Well you're welcome for the laugh, but I don't think I'll go into a career in comedy...
So it is fair to say that you aren't interest....
Okay, I'll just hang up now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#