OT: Rules Question | The Boneyard

OT: Rules Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If anyone knows: Does a player that's redshirting count against the 15 player roster? If the player is injured during her senior season and graduates does the player count against the roster for that 5th year after graduation?

Reaction Score
Short answer is yes. I assume the second part of your question means a player who is injured early enough in the season to red-shirt and play the next year. If so, the answer is yes. The only time a player can receive a scholarship and not count against the roster limitation is if she is medically/physically unable to play again, in which case the school can continue to provide a scholarship, but the player does not count against the roster limitation. In this instance, the student is required to perform some kind of duties with the team, usually administrative.

Jim

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
First question is yes. Second question is that player counts against the limit for any team she does play on. I believe she can transfer without penalty having graduated and would count on the roster wherever she played her last year of eligibility.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Short answer is yes. I assume the second part of your question means a player who is injured early enough in the season to red-shirt and play the next year. If so, the answer is yes. The only time a player can receive a scholarship and not count against the roster limitation is if she is medically/physically unable to play again, in which case the school can continue to provide a scholarship, but the player does not count against the roster limitation. In this instance, the student is required to perform some kind of duties with the team, usually administrative.

Jim
hello Cannon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member