OT - Roscoe to enter the NBA draft | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - Roscoe to enter the NBA draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If he had graduated would he get a free transfer to a better situation for his last year of eligibility or can you not do that if you've already transferred once?

If he graduates, he can transfer & play next season regardless of his previous transfer from UConn. Mike Moser of Oregon did so this past season. Moser started at UCLA and transferred to UNLV (sitting out a year), then graduated from UNLV and transferred again to Oregon.

Reaction Score
Not even in the mock. They should label this as "leaving to go pro" vs. "nba" since he'll never sniff NBA.

Also, good for him he left so he could play the 3, that never happened either.

He's a good kid, would have loved him tonight.

Reaction Score
Hope I'm wrong for Roscoe but NO shot……..can't handle, can't pass, shot 20% from 3 and isn't 6'8"…..nice year at UNLV and 10.9 boards is really nice but his inner-Rodman won't work on the next level.

Kinda reminds me of Marcus White.

Reaction Score
If he graduates, he can transfer & play next season regardless of his previous transfer from UConn. Mike Moser of Oregon did so this past season. Moser started at UCLA and transferred to UNLV (sitting out a year), then graduated from UNLV and transferred again to Oregon.

He should graduate and come back to UConn. if DD leaves we are screwed up front.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
Alex Kline ‏@TheRecruitScoop 47m
UNLV announces forward Roscoe Smith will enter the NBA Draft.

I wish him the best of luck. He was always a great kid/teammate, and he made a decision that I'm guessing he regrets. His NBA prospects don't seem promising, but it's possible he could find a niche somewhere. I know some people are still bitter that he left, but I'll always consider him a Husky.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he is not regretting his decision. Obviously, I wish he had of stayed a few more years at UConn because our frontcourt has not been our strength in the last 5 years, but he already reached the pinnacle of college basketball by winning the national championship. I can see how from his perspective, transferring to a team where he can better display his skills and elevate his NBA draft stock could make sense. I mean, he led the NCAA in rebounds this year, that's impressive any way you look at it. For all we know, he could become a less aggressive, less psychopathic Dennis Rodman one day.

C

Chief00

From a coach's perspective - Roscoe's decision making was interesting.

Reaction Score
R was a tuff gritty kid. - like Adrian: never met a rebound he didn't like. Unfortunate that he transferred, but that doesn't change what he provided Frosh year!

Reaction Score
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he is not regretting his decision. Obviously, I wish he had of stayed a few more years at UConn because our frontcourt has not been our strength in the last 5 years, but he already reached the pinnacle of college basketball by winning the national championship. I can see how from his perspective, transferring to a team where he can better display his skills and elevate his NBA draft stock could make sense. I mean, he led the NCAA in rebounds this year, that's impressive any way you look at it. For all we know, he could become a less aggressive, less psychopathic Dennis Rodman one day.

I'm not sure if Roscoe's rebounding numbers can be explained by UNLV showcasing his skills. In fact, you could make the exact opposite argument - Roscoe was hoping for the opportunity to showcase small forward skills, but instead UNLV used him in the same way UConn did. If he had known that was going to be the case, I bet he would have preferred playing power forward on a national champion than playing the four for a dysfunctional team that didn't even make the NIT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom