OT- Ronda Rousey gets destroyed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Stop.

She didn't throw a fight.

She was beaten to a pulp and then knocked unconscious by a kick to her face. She's now in a hospital.

That was not a business decision.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
This woman tried to standup and trade with a real live boxer....

owVJQZx.gif

Wow, this is hilariously awful. What year is this from?

Reaction Score
It's such a joke. Fanboys were talking about how incredible she looked in her last fight with the knockout. It's embarassing that these idiots thought she looked good boxing. It looked like two oafs wobbling around throwing off-balance haymakers and to think there are people out there that think she could beat Mayweather. First time she doesn't fight a tomato can and she almost dies. Normally I could care less about two women fighting but it's nice to see a huge gasbag get her bell rung. She's one of the biggest media creations I've ever seen, Rousey winning female athlete of the year over Serena is a bigger travesty than Caitlyn Jenner winning the courage award.

First time she doesnt fight a tomato? lol Holly was ranked 7th. I really believe Cat Zingano is the best fighter in that division but like boxing one mistake can cost you cat threw a kick and she landed badly and Ronda took advantage.

Reaction Score
Nonsense. The rematch will double or triple tonight's ppv sales. You honestly think they will plummet after tonight? You seem like a nice fellow but clearly aren't familiar with marketing sporting events. They are both preparing to become very, very rich.
Maybe plummet was a bit strong but when someone is marketed as unbeatable and they get brutally exposed much of the appeal with that fighter is lost forever. They made it out like she could beat men and the best male boxer in the world and people were buying the hype, people now see the wool was pulled over their eyes. My interest in the sport doesn't go much beyond waiting for Rousey to be exposed so I'll compare it to boxing matches. People were pumped about Barrera Morales rematches, Hagler Hearns, Pacquiao Morales, Leonard Duran, Ward Gatti etc. because they were virtually equal fighters and you knew the second and third fights would be wars like the first. Rousey got the shart kicked out of her, not sure everyone wants to see that again, I know I don't. The fact that you watched that fight and thought it was fixed is so far beyond ridiculous I don't even know what to say other then it makes you sound really foolish. Even if Rousey didn't get the ever loving c*_p kicked out of her and she took a dive it would make no sense for your marketing theory. Rousey Cyborg is the fight that community has been clamoring for years to see. Not sure Rousey will want to end up in the hospital again though.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Ok. She didn't throw the fight. Does any one doubt the rematch doubles or triples tonight's ppv sales? Superjohn said interest in Rausey would drop after tonight. That's insane. The rematch will do ridiculous sales.

Reaction Score
First time she doesnt fight a tomato? lol Holly was ranked 7th. I really believe Cat Zingano is the best fighter in that division but like boxing one mistake can cost you cat threw a kick and she landed badly and Ronda took advantage.
One mistake, she was getting bludgeoned for two rounds.

Reaction Score
Ok. She didn't throw the fight. Does any one doubt the rematch doubles or triples tonight's ppv sales? Superjohn said interest in Rausey would drop after tonight. That's insane. The rematch will do ridiculous sales.

You are right. The interest won't decrease. But her next fight will probably be incrementally larger than the last.

I think everyone on the Ronda-train will watch the next fight, even though she lost. And a few more. But, you say "Does any one doubt the rematch doubles or triples tonight's ppv sales." I will bet you a lot of money that the rematch doesn't double tonights PPV sales. PM me and lets make it happen.

Reaction Score
She fought very foolishly. Charging face first into punches. She was exposed for sure.
Her big move is the arm bar but Holm was able to avoid it. On her feet Rousey was no match for Holm who is obviously the better boxer by a lot. Both will make a truck load full of money on a rematch.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
This woman tried to standup and trade with a real live boxer....

owVJQZx.gif

HA! That looks like my 8 year old play punching in front of the mirror.

Reaction Score
From the highlights it looked like Rousey was punching Holm's with her face.
i was watching and was kind of confused why she didn't touch gloves with holm, like really?
From the highlights it looked like Rousey wanted to wait for the opening round to use her face as a glove.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
According to foxsports, she tested positive for PEDs after the fight, and has been banned/suspended.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
You must get duped by fake internet "news" often

It has far more to do with how little I care about MMA, or whatever it is she does. Didn't care enough to verify.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Huh? The rematch will get 3 times the ppv sales tonight did. It did absolutely the opposite. Which is why I'm firmly convinced she threw the fight tonight so she could make millions on the rematch.
Exactly, the gate was over 56,000. Largest UFC crowd ever and it was headlined by two women's championship fights.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
No idea what last night did in PPV sales - maybe 800k? I'd say the rematch could pull just over 1 million, 1.2-1.4 mil.

Reaction Score
If she was the best women's UFC had to offer....egads. I realize that she's a bronze medalist in judo or whatever, but on her feet, she's slow and clumsy.
Yes Fishy. We all have been dutifully informed that you don't like MMA.

Ronda has been great for the sport. She'll continue to be great for the sport.

Yes, she knows she can't beat up MMA men her size.
Yes, it's all a tremendous hype machine.
No, that's no different than any other sport trying to chisel 50 more bucks out of your pocket. Or did you believe that MaywetherPac was actually going to be a "fight?" How many suckers pissed away money on that fiction?
Yes, this definitely hurt her marketability.
Yes, the rematch is going to set records.
Yes, her getting beat is actually good for the sport.
No, MMA is not going away.
Yes, the women's division is shallow, and Rhonda's lack of technical striking skills was exposed last night.
Yes, the women's division will get better - you better believe there are a bunch of 12 year old wanna-be Rhondas with cigarette smoking, trailer trash moms encouraging them to learn MMA.
Yes, I am that good in bed.
No, boxing is not going to disappear either.
Yes, Rhonda's coach is not good, and it was foolish of her to try to stand with Holm.
Yes, I was very entertained.
Yes, I'm looking forward to the rematch.
No, don't pay or watch if you think it's stupid.
Yes, find what you think is entertaining in life and enjoy it, and No, don't feel the need to crash other people's parties to tell them how boring their party is.

Reaction Score

It has far more to do with how little I care about MMA, or whatever it is she does. Didn't care enough to verify.
This is your house, so much respect for giving us a playground here, but you posted foxsports was reporting PED use, you didn't specify which fighter, you didn't provide a link, then, when prompted for a link, you linked to a non-foxsports site that did not mention PEDs. I respect you don't care, but maybe don't piddle in the soup of those who do.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
This is your house, so much respect for giving us a playground here, but you posted foxsports was reporting PED use, you didn't specify which fighter, you didn't provide a link, then, when prompted for a link, you linked to a non-foxsports site that did not mention PEDs. I respect you don't care, but maybe don't piddle in the soup of those who do.

I promise, I will never again feign an interest in whatever it is this thread is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom