OT: Red Sox make a major lineup change! | The Boneyard

OT: Red Sox make a major lineup change!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
No, they aren't removing Hanley from LF or Panda from 3B. Or acquiring pitchers (starters or bullpen) that can get batters out.

No, they focused on the extremely popular mainstay in the tv booth (since 2001), Don Orsillo. He (and, likely, sidekick Jerry Remy) will be off the air for NESN imminently.

Like this will lift the BoSox from the AL East dungeon.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Don is a true gentlemen........He will find a new gig soon..........

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Yeah, this does NOT make me a happy camper. You grow to appreciate your broadcasting team when the team isn't doing well, frankly - it's not tough to watch games when you're in first, and winning games. But, with the way the Sox have gone for the last few years (2013 excepted), one of the few reliable pleasures of watching games has been listening to Don & Jerry. Now, the same genius-thinking that steered the acquisition of Hanley, Pablo, Carl Crawford, Bobby V and others, has decided that the problem is ... the broadcasters!

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Apparently Orsillo will be replaced by Dave O'Brien - same PBP guy who often did NCAA wcbb championship games. Now I wonder if Doris Burke will replace Jerry Remy.:rolleyes:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Can't stand Dave O'Brien. If true, at least he won't be on radio anymore.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
If the game was good, Remy and Orsillo made it better. If the game was bad, they made it watchable. This stinks. I really, really like the combo, and quite frankly would take Orsillo over Remy if forced to choose.
Bah, Humbug!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01