OT Red Sox caught cheating | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT Red Sox caught cheating

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The Yankees complained to the MLB offices on Friday that Sox and Fister were using an illegal listening device during his start. Turns out it was his mouth guard. Can't make this stuff up.

fister-earpiece-1-090617.jpg

He should get fined just for grossing me out.

Reaction Score
I think this is a really bad look and blatant disregard of rules by the Red Sox. As a Red Sox fan I'm embarrassed and hope the team gets penalized. Can you explain this as justified to a child? I think no, they cheated, should be penalized and should apologize and take steps (only bright side is if this brings Farrell down, nice enough guy but boring and mediocre manager) to make sure it doesn't happen again. The other guys cheated too or it wasn't that bad, this and that happened before rivalry stuff is all rationalization.

The Sox fans shouldn't defend their behavior. I suspect most Sox fans like me are embarrassed, only the extreme are arguing or attacking. I'm sorry they did this, this type of behavior that has no place in sports and isn't sportsmanship. I want no part of owning or defending this, its a bad mistake.
I agree with your take and I think it applies to a lot of things outside of baseball too. If you can't tell a kid it's the right way to act or do things it's probably wrong. Winning by cheating takes the luster off. Don't think the rivalry is relevant here.

Reaction Score
At least I have a "meme" lol you are just as awful posting on basketball as you are on baseball. Just not very intelligent about anything but the key is you are consistently bad so keep up the good work. I can separate my Yankee fandom from guys like Viking and Dr because they are solid Husky fans. You, well not quite sure what you are other than someone who thinks they are right on everything and knows very little.
Meme away!

Being a meme is not really a good thing. This post didn't disappoint though.

Reaction Score
How many end of the bat, off balance swings result in home runs at new Yankee Stadium? 3-4 a game?

Don't go there guys both stadiums are lame in places and pad some stats for the home team, it's really that simple.

Reaction Score
Being a meme is not really a good thing. This post didn't disappoint though.

No really Niels? Nothing you write is a good thing, but again you never disappoint just continue to think you're right though, you're cute!

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Scrolling through the national media, the overwhelming reaction to this appears to be a collective shrug of the shoulders.

Don't think for a second that the Yankees' timing in bringing this to light isn't also deliberate.

The rule is stupid as it applies to communicating with an on field player, but it is a rule, and there should be consequences. I love the sox, but what they did was really dumb, for having done it, and for thinking they wouldn't get caught. For me, the foolishness/arrogance of the latter is more troubling.

One team is too lazy to mix up their signals, and the other was too lazy to use non electronic signals.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No really Niels? Nothing you write is a good thing, but again you never disappoint just continue to think you're right though, you're cute!

You seem hangry, grab a Snickers champ. It's not that serious.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

He's a Yankees fan, cut him a little slack. They get pissy when they're not in first place. Once they are, they become insufferable.

Reaction Score
He's a Yankees fan, cut him a little slack. They get pissy when they're not in first place. Once they are, they become insufferable.

We will just "watch" to see how the rest of the season plays out. A come from behind division title would be the "Apple" of my eye.

27>8

Reaction Score
We will just "watch" to see how the rest of the season plays out. A come from behind division title would be the "Apple" of my eye.

27>8

Yeah but for my dollar that 1912 Sox team is probably the best of them all. Boy lemme tell you Smokey Joe Wood used to absolutely mow hitters, simply electric stuff. I can still remember watching Tris Speaker, I've never seen a finer all around player in my life.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Yeah but for my dollar that 1912 Sox team is probably the best of them all. Boy lemme tell you Smokey Joe Wood used to absolutely mow hitters, simply electric stuff. I can still remember watching Tris Speaker, I've never seen a finer all around player in my life.

Must have been a bitch stealing third with a sundial strapped to his wrist.

Reaction Score
Must have been a bitch stealing third with a sundial strapped to his wrist.

Ah, who can forget the 1912 Sox telegram morse signal stealing scandal orchestrated by Heinie Wagner and Pinch Thomas?

Reaction Score

So a 10 year old Husky Fan should count the first two titles won by Uconn Basketball.....they never saw those teams play. How about the first five won by Be no? Lol loser retort Niels.

Reaction Score
So a 10 year old Husky Fan should count the first two titles won by Uconn Basketball.....they never saw those teams play. How about the first five won by Be no? Lol loser retort Niels.

Can you edit your post to actually make sense so that I can try to answer you? Not sure whether you're saying people should/shouldn't only count titles they were alive to see.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Fans are ridiculous about this stuff. Does it count? Count for what? Team status? I guess so. Did those fans derive any enjoyment from those seasons? No. As a Red Sox fan, I certainly don't take that 1912 team as a point of pride. Nor should any modern fan feel that way about Babe Ruth's titles. I saw all the Patriot Superbowl seasons, so there's that. I saw all the UConn MBB titles too.

I'm not big on living in the past. About 30 minutes after a season ends, even in a title, I have moved on to next year. I only care about the season that is going on right now, in any sport.

Reaction Score

champ? You don't know me pal but I don't like being called champ by a child. Try again maybe we'll get somewhere.

Reaction Score
Fans are ridiculous about this stuff. Does it count? Count for what? Team status? I guess so. Did those fans derive any enjoyment from those seasons? No. As a Red Sox fan, I certainly don't take that 1912 team as a point of pride. Nor should any modern fan feel that way about Babe Ruth's titles. I saw all the Patriot Superbowl seasons, so there's that. I saw all the UConn MBB titles too.

I'm not big on living in the past. About 30 minutes after a season ends, even in a title, I have moved on to next year. I only care about the season that is going on right now, in any sport.

The 1912 thing was obviously me making a point that titles that far in the past don't really matter. I was obviously not alive in 1912 to enjoy seeing Tris Speaker or Smokey Joe Wood play.

Reaction Score
...The 1912 thing was obviously me making a point that titles that far in the past don't really matter. I was obviously not alive in 1912 to enjoy seeing Tris Speaker or Smokey Joe Wood play.

Your point is like '77 is in the past in comparison to what 2004? Of course it is numerically but for fans, no it's not. Joe D and the Mick weren't in my lifetime but Thurman and Nettles as well as Bucky were.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom