OT - Radylady is singing | The Boneyard

OT - Radylady is singing

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Hi,
For those of you interested, I am singing a little concert with some friends in NYC on Friday next. If you are interested, please pm me.

You know who you are

:)

[edited on Tuesday] If there is interest, please note that tickets have to be reserved in advance.

Last edited:

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I wish NYC could be in my plans for next weekend, but, unfortunately, that could never happen.
I am interested, however, what type of music RadyLady?

Are you someone famous. You're Carley Simon, aren't you. That's it. You're Carley Simon and "You're so Vain" is about one of the male posters in The Boneyard, isn't it??!?!? Okay, which one is it? Is Nova Scotia Icebear country?

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
hmmmmm...how shall I respond...o, did I say that out loud?

Seriously, I am not ms simon, I am just a plain ol' country girl living in the big city and singing opera...well, one opera tune anyway. I am a classically trained singer, and in this concert I am singing an aria made famous by Ms Fleming plus some Debussy and for you history buffs, some Stephen Foster as this is the 150th anniversary year of his death.

I can and do sing other genre, however this particular concert is specifically for music written during the 19th century.

I also do a bang up job on the National Anthem....or so I am told

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Rady is coming to PA to sing at our congregation the first Sunday in August. We are looking forward to it.

Reaction Score
hmmmmm...how shall I respond...o, did I say that out loud?

Seriously, I am not ms simon, I am just a plain ol' country girl living in the big city and singing opera...well, one opera tune anyway. I am a classically trained singer, and in this concert I am singing an aria made famous by Ms Fleming plus some Debussy and for you history buffs, some Stephen Foster as this is the 150th anniversary year of his death.

I can and do sing other genre, however this particular concert is specifically for music written during the 19th century.

I also do a bang up job on the National Anthem....or so I am told
Nat'l anthem........Stacy Hansmeyer??

~*Jen*~

Mommy to the Mini Mojo Keeper
Reaction Score
Hi,
For those of you interested, I am singing a little concert with some friends in NYC on Friday next. If you are interested, please pm me.

You know who you are

:)

We'd love to. But Mini Chick's ballet dress rehearsal is on Friday. Plus that whole pesky living-in-Iowa thing. :p

Her music recital is today. Send some good mojo! All the other students have been studying violin, cello, and piano for longer than she's been alive, I think. LOL.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Sounds like it will be a lovely concert! Wish I could be there. You will be divine, I am sure.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
We'd love to. But Mini Chick's ballet dress rehearsal is on Friday. Plus that whole pesky living-in-Iowa thing. :p

Her music recital is today. Send some good mojo! All the other students have been studying violin, cello, and piano for longer than she's been alive, I think. LOL.

Sounds like Mini Chick has a lot of cultural opportunities out there along the River....she'll make Mom proud!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Would love to be there but it is just too damned long a drive from Guatemala. As Slim said, break a leg.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Regrettably, I wont be in NYC next week. I'm there for a baptism this weekend and will be back in July.

~*Jen*~

Mommy to the Mini Mojo Keeper
Reaction Score
Sounds like Mini Chick has a lot of cultural opportunities out there along the River....she'll make Mom proud!

You know... I was really hesitant to agree to move here because I was afraid that being in such small town, there wouldn't be a lot for her to do. But there's a surprising amount. In her music class, she's learning how to read music and is experimenting with pitch/volume/rhythm and she's being given opportunities to perform. She's been in ballet for 1.5 years now and picks up tap and hip-hop this summer. She has been in gymnastics for nearly 3 years now. She can take art classes. League bowling, tennis lessons, golf. She's playing blastball right now, which is like t-ball but with softer balls and bats for the younger crowd. She did soccer all last fall and basketball earlier this winter.

So... we stay pretty busy. She gets a good mix of activities (including great programming at our library). We don't do everything, of course, but there's more than I ever dreamed possible. :)

Sorry, OP, for hijacking your thread. ;)

Oh, and to answer how she did today: She was the only singer who didn't get quiet. She was announced and then her teacher was missing and she said, "It's okay. I can do it by myself." She then proceeded to go up to the microphone and belt out Take Me Out to the Ball Game." Then when it was time to switch and sing Pop Goes the Weasel while playing her triangle, she started to sing Take Me Out to the Ball Game... two more times. LOL. But she was cute and had fun. :D

Reaction Score
Thanks for the invite but I can't make it. Good luck and have a good time. Some day I would like to hear you sing Ombra Mai and/or Nella Fantasia. Old Zip Coon, well...

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
JimGunther said:
Isn't supposed to be "Kill the Wolf" or "Eat the Wolf" (or something like that) for you Opera guys?

Opera singers say "toi toi toi"

Reaction Score
"Toi toi toi" is apparently an onapoetica version of the sound of spitting three times, an operatic version of avoiding a hex, or other difficulties during a performance. This is usually accompanied by tapping on wood three times.

An alternate operatic good luck charm, originating from Italy, is the phrase "inbocca el lupo!" ("In the mouth of the wolf") with the response "Crepi il lupo!" ("May the wolf die")

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Rady

Would love to hear you and meet you…how many NY musicians can there be on this board?
But alas, accepted an invite to Cape Cod for the weekend.

Merde!
Michael

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
msf22b said:
Rady

Would love to hear you and meet you…how many NY musicians can there be on this board?
But alas, accepted an invite to Cape Cod for the weekend.

Merde!
Michael

Cape Cod!!!! can I come too?

Michael I was hoping you would see this, but you know if things don't work out that's just the way it is and certainly I am NOT going to begrudge anybody a trip to the Cape, trust me. anyway there will be other concerts, it's just set the rep I'm singing this for this concert - Quatre Chansons de Jeunesse (Debussy) and the Song to the Moon from Dvorak's Rusalka as well as the rest of the program is just fantastic so I'm sorry you have to miss it. :(

next time :)

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
MilfordHusky said:
Regrettably, I wont be in NYC next week. I'm there for a baptism this weekend and will be back in July.

Hey Milford, the concert is 7pm THIS Friday (the 13th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom