OT- Question... | The Boneyard

OT- Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
it may be OT, that's what I want to find out.

I recorded a boy's HS BB game last night and wanted to post a clip in the UCONN Men's BB Forum. I put it on YouTube. I wanted to post the warmups and player intros but the part with the intros included a lot of the 1st quarter. It took a long time to post the second video on YouTube and when I "published" it I saw that the first video had the sound turned off and said I was violating copyrights on the game. It had a lengthy warning about having the video on YouTube so I deleted both videos.

Anyone ever ran into something like that? Pretty weird cause I just wanted to give a kid on one of the teams a little boost but it's not important enough to me to get into any trouble over it.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
was music playing during warm-ups?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
if "you" recorded it it shouldn't be a copyright problem, its not like you stole it from SNY. Im gonna assume it the "music".

I record my travels in my car sometimes "with the music playing"... and if I upload to YouTube its silent due to the artist asking YouTube to scrub their site of all unauthorized use of their music

Reaction Score
if "you" recorded it it shouldn't be a copyright problem, its not like you stole it from SNY. Im gonna assume it the "music".

I record my travels in my car sometimes "with the music playing"... and if I upload to YouTube its silent due to the artist asking YouTube to scrub their site of all unauthorized use of their music

If that's the case it's really stupid.

Google any song ever recorded and you can get a more than one video of it.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
YouTube have been enforcing it for about a year... even background music even if you're playing their "real" cd

Reaction Score
You must be right. I just edited a clip of the kid playing ball and uploaded it and no warnings were added to the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom