OT: Pats-Colts | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Pats-Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't think it. It's a fact. They had a significant fan base in Conn. before 2001.

Can your point in the 1st sentence be restated?

How does the AFC suck?

In the last 14 years, the Ravens won 2, Patriots 3, Colts 1, Steelers 2, that's 8 of the last 14 SBs. How is that weakness?

Chargers, Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, Broncos, and Colts have all been decent teams in the AFC. Who has been good in the NFC? Heck, for 5 or 6 years, the McNair Titans team was pretty good as well.
"I don't think it. It's a fact." Come on this is just getting embarrassing now, Kraft had zero intention of ever moving to Hartford.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
What is with all the Brady hype?
Guy hasn't won a super bowl in a decade.
He has been only average in winning half his chances in the SB. If he loses, this will put him in rare company for SB losses.

Any Pats fans' heads explode? Just kidding. Brady is great.But lay off Manning. It's ugly.

Reaction Score
Rebuilding when? Other than this year they play in the worst division football. He is a very solid player, but so tired of hearing he is an elite player. No way. Their record against teams with winning records wasn't great. I just think he's vastly overrated. How many games like the last 3 NE ones, Dallas, Pitt, etc. do I have to watch of him to reach that conclusion.

He belongs in the same conversation as Ryan, Rivers, Stafford, not Brady, Rodgers, Brees and Manning.

Luck has carried a team that was supposed to be rebuilding to 3 playoff berths. That kid is everything they said he was and maybe a little more. Put team around him and he will be lights out. I look forward to years of Wilson vs. Luck...and I am a Raiders Fan.

Reaction Score
Not a fan of patriots , hating on Brady; no problem. Reading this is totaling amazing with the reasons you idiots come up with to knock them down. Mau i love your input most of the time but your off your rocker on this one as well as some of you other guys. Not giving them and Brady and Bill credit cause you just don't like them is just not right and you all this. I respect most of you guys and gals on the yard but not giving credit where credit is due is beneath you . You're reasoning for putting them down is ignorant and you know it. They don't play in the AAC.

Reaction Score
They have earned everything they have got. Nobody has given them anything. Earned it all on the field. Simple as that.

Reaction Score
Rebuilding when? Other than this year they play in the worst division football. He is a very solid player, but so tired of hearing he is an elite player. No way. Their record against teams with winning records wasn't great. I just think he's vastly overrated. How many games like the last 3 NE ones, Dallas, Pitt, etc. do I have to watch of him to reach that conclusion.

He belongs in the same conversation as Ryan, Rivers, Stafford, not Brady, Rodgers, Brees and Manning.

Skip Bayless thinks he's overrated.

Reaction Score
"I don't think it. It's a fact." Come on this is just getting embarrassing now, Kraft had zero intention of ever moving to Hartford.

I thought we were talking about Conn. Fans of the Patriots. jeez. It's a fact the fan base was big in Conn prior to 2001. You're now changing the subject to what was in Krafts mind?

Reaction Score
2001, 2004, 2006, 2013 AFC Championship Games on the road.

2001 - 1st playoff game was at home after a bye. AFC Championship was in Pittsburgh.
2004 - 1st playoff game was at home after a bye. AFC Championship was in Pittsburgh.
2006 - 1st playoff game was a wildcard game at home. Next rd in San Diego, AFC Championship in Indy.
2013 - 1st playoff game was at home after a bye. AFC Championship was in Denver.

Every season you listed, they won the division and got a bye in three of them.

Reaction Score
I'm now changing the subject to what was in Krafts mind? "The reason Kraft was looking at Conn was that over 25 percent of the season ticket base resides in Conn." These are your words, you seem to have a habit of ignoring what you post in previous posts and tell me I'm making things up. I'll repeat what I said, I barely knew any Patriots fans growing up in CT. And when they got good I saw many of these same people saying they have always been die-hard fans. I'll also reiterate, Robert Kraft had zero intention of ever moving the Patriots to Hartford.

Reaction Score
2001 - 1st playoff game was at home after a bye. AFC Championship was in Pittsburgh.
2004 - 1st playoff game was at home after a bye. AFC Championship was in Pittsburgh.
2006 - 1st playoff game was a wildcard game at home. Next rd in San Diego, AFC Championship in Indy.
2013 - 1st playoff game was at home after a bye. AFC Championship was in Denver.

Every season you listed, they won the division and got a bye in three of them.

Yes and I took your post to imply that they won their division and got a bye and two home games as a result. If that wasn't the intent, my bad.

I would add to my list above that the only reason they hosted Baltimore after the 2012 season was because Baltimore beat Denver, otherwise they would have gone on the road five of nine times in the AFC title game.

Reaction Score
Yes and I took your post to imply that they won their division and got a bye and two home games as a result. If that wasn't the intent, my bad.

I would add to my list above that the only reason they hosted Baltimore after the 2012 season was because Baltimore beat Denver, otherwise they would have gone on the road five of nine times in the AFC title game.

No. My point is, they've had an easier playoff road over the years, if for nothing else...simply the fact that in many years they got a first round bye and/or a home field advantage for some/all of the playoffs....and that's because the Bills, Dolphins and Jets have been generally uncompetitive for a decade or more.

The Giants have 2 Super Bowls with Eli. In the 6 playoff games not counting the Super Bowls, they won 5 road games and didn't get a bye. Their 1 home game was wild card weekend in 2011 against Atlanta. For whatever its worth, the Patriots haven't had to overcome anything like that...mainly because of their division being a cakewalk.

Reaction Score
I'm now changing the subject to what was in Krafts mind? "The reason Kraft was looking at Conn was that over 25 percent of the season ticket base resides in Conn." These are your words, you seem to have a habit of ignoring what you post in previous posts and tell me I'm making things up. I'll repeat what I said, I barely knew any Patriots fans growing up in CT. And when they got good I saw many of these same people saying they have always been die-hard fans. I'll also reiterate, Robert Kraft had zero intention of ever moving the Patriots to Hartford.

How old are you?

I became a Pats fan in the 1970s when they were always on NBC.

I lived in New Haven and we always traveled to Foxboro with friends in the 80s. My neighborhood around New Haven was mostly Giants fans but a half dozen were into the Patriots. In the late 80s and 90s the Patriots were awful, and NBC had lost the contract. Patriots games were suddenly not on TV in the state. Not until Parcells came in.

Conn. has the second most Patriots season ticket holders. If you came of age (ie turned 10 in the late 1980s) i can understand not seeing many Pats fans, but when they were really really good in the 1970s they had lots fans up until 1988.

By the way I was clearly responding to your claim of no Pats fans before the recent run. Kraft looked at Conn. Because it was the base forone quarter of the fans.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
No. My point is, they've had an easier playoff road over the years, if for nothing else...simply the fact that in many years they got a first round bye and/or a home field advantage for some/all of the playoffs....and that's because the Bills, Dolphins and Jets have been generally uncompetitive for a decade or more.

The Giants have 2 Super Bowls with Eli. In the 6 playoff games not counting the Super Bowls, they won 5 road games and didn't get a bye. Their 1 home game was wild card weekend in 2011 against Atlanta. For whatever its worth, the Patriots haven't had to overcome anything like that...mainly because of their division being a cakewalk.
Umm... You are overlooking that whenever you win the division, you play the other division winners in the following season. So those cakewalks were invariably punctuated with games against the what should be stronger opponents. For unknown reasons they continually beat the Steelers, Colts, Broncos, and Chargers despite having so many uncompetitive opponents.
Of course that your precious Yets couldn't take advantage of their diet of cupcakes is another story.

Reaction Score

Again this point makes absolutely no sense when the Patriots have a better record against the rest of the NFL than they do the AFCE. The Patriots lose 2 games a year against the AFCE (.667) but they go .750 against the rest of the league.

Every division has scrubs and one lead team. The only division with more than 1 good team is the north, with 2, but they play two teams, the browns and bungles, that have been even worse than the Bills, Jets and Dolphins.

Simple math makes your point weird.

Reaction Score
Just so I'm clear, we are all ok with UConn being labeled as a basketball factory where the players don't ever go to class for eternity because of the APR thing right?

That's how the Patriots are treated because of their being caught taping signals 7 years ago.

Reaction Score
Patriots fans are the most insecure group of fans I've ever seen. All that they've accomplished, if you say ONE thing to discredit any of it, they fly off the handle. Spygate? David Tyree? Sends them into a hissy fit.

I'm a Jets fan. I was 3 when they won Super Bowl 3. I'd be happy just watching them in a Super Bowl. I'm a Mets fan. I have never complained about their mediocrity because I have 1986. But Pats fans? So insecure.
Think you're the insecure one. Any real Pats fan has nothing to be insecure about. Two losses to Giants were extremely painful, esp for a lifelong Pats fan living in NY, but neither of those games taints what has been and continues to be one of the great runs in any sport in the free agent era. What could possibly make me insecure as a Pats fan?

Reaction Score
How old are you?

I became a Pats fan in the 1970s when they were always on NBC.

I lived in New Haven and we always traveled to Foxboro with friends in the 80s. My neighborhood around New Haven was mostly Giants fans but a half dozen were into the Patriots. In the late 80s and 90s the Patriots were awful, and NBC had lost the contract. Patriots games were suddenly not on TV in the state. Not until Parcells came in.

Conn. has the second most Patriots season ticket holders. If you came of age (ie turned 10 in the late 1980s) i can understand not seeing many Pats fans, but when they were really really good in the 1970s they had lots fans up until 1988.

By the way I was clearly responding to your claim of no Pats fans before the recent run. Kraft looked at Conn. Because it was the base forone quarter of the fans.
35, I honestly can't remember any Patriots fans from my childhood through teen years. I get that they sucked during this time but it shouldn't mean you don't root for your team. I just hate it when people claim they were die-hard fans when I never heard them say one thing about the Patriots until they won it all and all of a sudden their whole wardrobe is Patriots gear, they are flying a Patriots flag outside their home and they name their dog Brady.

Reaction Score
35, I honestly can't remember any Patriots fans from my childhood through teen years. I get that they sucked during this time but it shouldn't mean you don't root for your team. I just hate it when people claim they were die-hard fans when I never heard them say one thing about the Patriots until they won it all and all of a sudden their whole wardrobe is Patriots gear, they are flying a Patriots flag outside their home and they name their dog Brady.

This phenomenon does not pertain to any one fan base. There will always be bandwagon jumpers. I am about the same age as you. When I got to UConn in 1997, there were a ton of Pats fans (coming off of a Super Bowl) but by my third or fourth year, the end of Pete Carroll and the rise of the Jets, many more were donning green and white than I had ever seen. Heck, around 2000, I knew almost as many Mets fans as I did Yankees or Sox fans. By the time I left in 2002, I couldn't find a Mets fan, but there sure were a lot of people celebrating the Patriots first Super Bowl title with me.

Reaction Score

You are so off your rocker on this one, you're embarrassing yourself. The Patriots this year played every team that won their division in the AFC, four teams that finished above .500 and the NFC North, that put 2 teams in the playoff. By winning 12 of those games, they got home field in the playoffs. They were not GIFTED home field as you certainly imply. and just so you have your facts straight, do you know the first team in history to ever win 3 games on the road to make it to the

Reaction Score
And your conclusion that no one rooted for the Patriots pre-Brady comes from the fact that you don't remember hearing about it. That's pretty rock solid.

I get that they sucked during this time but it shouldn't mean you don't root for your team. I just hate it when people claim they were die-hard fans when I never heard them say one thing about the Patriots until they won it all and all of a sudden their whole wardrobe is Patriots gear, they are flying a Patriots flag outside their home and they name their dog Brady.

Reaction Score
This phenomenon does not pertain to any one fan base. There will always be bandwagon jumpers. I am about the same age as you. When I got to UConn in 1997, there were a ton of Pats fans (coming off of a Super Bowl) but by my third or fourth year, the end of Pete Carroll and the rise of the Jets, many more were donning green and white than I had ever seen. Heck, around 2000, I knew almost as many Mets fans as I did Yankees or Sox fans. By the time I left in 2002, I couldn't find a Mets fan, but there sure were a lot of people celebrating the Patriots first Super Bowl title with me.
I've got 10 years on both of you, and was unfortunately a diehard Pats fan my whole life. I watched every game of the 1-15 season in 1990, which was the second such season in 3 years. I lived through Kenneth Sims being drafted #1 overall and Hart Lee Dykes in the first round.....and Dick McPhearson as a coach, who made Pasqualoni look like a genius. So yeah.....I've enjoyed the last 15 years or so.

Reaction Score
Not a fan of patriots , hating on Brady; no problem. Reading this is totaling amazing with the reasons you idiots come up with to knock them down. Mau i love your input most of the time but your off your rocker on this one as well as some of you other guys. Not giving them and Brady and Bill credit cause you just don't like them is just not right and you all this. I respect most of you guys and gals on the yard but not giving credit where credit is due is beneath you . You're reasoning for putting them down is ignorant and you know it. They don't play in the AAC.

Check this out donyell: (yeah I took it from one of MY posts not anyone else's)

Pats are really good. Their defense is a bit underrated and it won't be all that tested vs the Seahawks offense. This game is all on the Seattle defense and how well it plays vs a 2 week prep from Bill B and staff. The Seahawks cannot start like the did vs the Pack because it will be 21-0 and not 13-0.

Just guessing I have the utmost respect for the QB and the coach because of this statement unless of course you can find something else within my prediction? Brady, Bill B and all would be included in this if you dig deep. Your call but I've been fair I think. I just haven't been to the party where upstater is the pivotman in the Brady circle jerk, that's all. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom