OT: Other favorite sports and teams you follow | The Boneyard

OT: Other favorite sports and teams you follow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I feel like this is the BY's somewhat off season. So why not find out what other teams/sports your fellow BY companions are into and why.

NBA Team: Any team that has UCONN players on the roster

I follow the NBA pretty closely and I am always rooting for whichever team has a former Husky, especially teams like Detroit, Charlotte, and Sacramento due to Drummond, Gay, and Kemba putting up awesome numbers.

Favorite NFL team: Dolphins

The story behind the Dolphins being my favorite team has to do with my father never following sports (I however did). So when I was around 10 I decided I needed to pick a favorite NFL team to stick with forever. Just so happens Ace Ventura Pet Detective was quite popular at the time and involved the Dolphins so boom this team seemed like the obvious choice!

MLB: Padres
San Diego was my hometown. They suck most seasons which translated to awesome tickets for cheap.

Reaction Score
Interesting idea. Baseball has always been my primary, favorite sport. Up until I actually became a UConn student, the Yankees were my number 1 team, with UConn ball at no. 2. However, it's now 1A UConn Ball 1B Yankees. Growing up in Fairfield county means all NY teams in other sports: Giants, Knicks, Rangers, NYC FC/Man City.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Mets,Knicks,jets and rangers. And any team with a uconn alum.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Philadelphia Eagles since the Last years of Randle Cunningham . My favorites were William Thomas, Bobby Taylor and the rest of that defense. One of my all time favorite football players was Ricky Watters when he was an Eagle.

Reaction Score
uconn alum and steelers.. just love at first sight with pitt, i was like 7 and they sucked so happy to have stuck around

Reaction Score
Broncos since thise first super bowl against the Cowboys. Orange Crush defense with Lyle Alzado, Rulon Jomes and Randy Gradishar.

Long time Lakers fan, but I can't stand Kobe so I've way cooled on them. I'm a Showtime Lalers guy - Kareem, Worthy, Cooper, Nixon, Magic, Rambis, Etc. Yes I knkw Kobe is a great player.

Reaction Score
I find it way too paradoxical to root for any NBA team when I'm so invested in the UConn program. I do enjoy watching the NBA, though.

The other two teams I'm passionate about are the Philadelphia Eagles and Chicago Blackhawks.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Mets (duh), Bills, Penguins, Suns.

Outside of UConn basketball and that one Stanley Cup, my sports teams have had a rough go of it for my entire life.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Uconn hoops, 49ers, Cal Berkeley football, Warriors.

Reaction Score
Red Sox, Bruins, Patriots and every NBA team. :oops:

Oh crap too much Sam Adams I guess don't know what else it could have been. Reality is:

UConn, Yankees, Giants, Rangers, Celtics and Maloney HS

Reaction Score
I am one of those Red Sox/NY Giants people. My dad grew up in Brooklyn and Queens and was a Brooklyn Dodgers fan and NY football Giants fan. After college (ROTC), he got stationed in the middle of Red Sox country at Ft. Devens, MA. The Dodgers had moved to LA and he already hated the Yankees, so becoming a Sox fan was easy. So, like so many kids, I got my sport passions from my dad...Red Sox, NY Giants, UCONN hoops/football (Dad got his MBA at UCONN & turned me onto UCONN hoops in the an. Hanson/Welton days). I'll always be a Whalers fan. Nowadays, I watch almost zero NHL until the playoffs.

NBA?....it just doesn't compare to college hoops for me. Again, the playoffs are exciting to watch. I'll track the former UCONN guys.

During the winter Olympics, women's curling seems to have grabbed my attention. :)

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Any Olympic women's team with skin tight suits and great figures. And the Canadian women's curling team. They had some hot MILFs on that last one.

Other than UConn in all sports, baseball has long been my sport as a fan and player. I was pretty good at it, understand the nuances and don't find it boring (at least the NL version). I grew up a Mets fan in Stamford, followed the Sox when I lived in Quincy and became a Pirates fan after moving here and watching the Mets gag away a couple of pennants concurrent with Bucs hiring a new FO end of 2007.

I pretty much gave up on the NFL (was a lifelong Jets fan until they got Favre) and NBA and only watch playoff hockey. I typically watch the final rounds of the first three majors and Ryder Cup. The triple crown races. World Cup soccer.

I'm open to another sport and wish there were more rugby televised and that it would take off in the US. It's a far more entertaining and action-filled game than NFL. I'm happy that rugby sevens will be in the 2016 Olympics.

Last edited:

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
NBA: LA Lakers
NFL: St. Louis Rams
MLB: St. Louis Cardinals
NCAA FB: U of Miami Hurricans
Soccer: CHELSEAAAAAA taking the league title as we speak!! COYB! KTBFFH!

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
NBA- Knicks and any uconn players. NFL- Niners and Giants. MLB- Yanks. NHL- Rangers. Soccer- Barcelona.

Reaction Score
In order
UCONN men BB
Patriots
Red Sox
UCONN FB
Celtics
UCONN women BB
Carolina Hurricanes

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Mlb- mets ( gob ahead , I am numb at this point)

Nhl- who cares. We are in America.

Nfl - bills (yes, been a long 33 years of life for me)

Nba- sant team with a uconn player

College football - uconn football, but does that really count?

Olympics - usa

Military- army (former infantryman)

Soccer - this is America, who cares. Seriously.

In short- thank god for uconn basketball. Would like to see someone with a more pathetic list than this.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
UConn football
Fantasy baseball players
UConn men's hoops
UConn hockey
UConn alumni playing professionally
Patriots
Yankees sans ARod
Whalers alumni
Anyone playing against Kentucky/Duke/Syracuse hoops, BC anything, Notre Dame/FSU/Rutgers/Penn State football, Jets, Red Sox, Bruins, Rangers
Soccer - USMNT, World Cup, EPL

Could not care less about - NBA, WNBA, women's hoops, golf, tennis, NASCAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member