OT OT - Tuberville Recruiting | The Boneyard

OT OT - Tuberville Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
what a . I never liked Tuberville to begin with, but since his joining the Bearcats the reasons to dislike him just keep piling up. Luckily I think he'll set Cinci back a couple of notches from the Kelly/Jones years.

Reaction Score
BFeldmanCBS 3:06pm via Web
Just spoke to someone at UC, who said after coaching change EVERY committed recruit was contacted by a Bearcat staffer [Re: Tubs/AJC story]
Sounds like everybody UC wanted to keep was contacted.. Why would that kid say he didn't get contacted by the new HC? Why would he make that up?

Reaction Score
Sounds like everybody UC wanted to keep was contacted.. Why would that kid say he didn't get contacted by the new HC? Why would he make that up?

You mean other than that he's ticked off that the new staff wouldn't honor the old staff's offer? Wouldn't that be a fairly obvious reason to want to bad mouth the new staff?

Reaction Score
I agree, but what do we tell this kid with no DC in place?

How about "the odds are fairly good that we will have a Defensive Coordinator by the time you get here next season, especially given that our Assistant Head Coach could take the reigns if we don't find something better."

Seriously, I'm sure a young man would like as much info as possible as to the situation he's going into, but the new DC is likely a one year hire in any event, and the player needs to pick the school -- not the staff -- or frankly he gets what he deserves for not paying attention to the reality of the situation.

Reaction Score
How about "the odds are fairly good that we will have a Defensive Coordinator by the time you get here next season, especially given that our Assistant Head Coach could take the reigns if we don't find something better."

Seriously, I'm sure a young man would like as much info as possible as to the situation he's going into, but the new DC is likely a one year hire in any event, and the player needs to pick the school -- not the staff -- or frankly he gets what he deserves for not paying attention to the reality of the situation.

To add on to this, is there a single situation a kid could pick where they know who their coach will be for the next 4-5 years? I doubt it, not at the 1A level. Either they suck and they'll be canned or they're good and they'll be lured elsewhere. The commitment is to the school not the coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom