OT: Okay, Too Long W/O Music | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Okay, Too Long W/O Music

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The greatest cover of Camille Saint-Saens' (1877) French opera Samson et Delila, the greatest R & B/Pop singer of all time. The live performance comes after the album performance. And get that high note at the end.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
is

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Was just about to fix me a Spam Sandwich :p

Long, long ago I was up for fried Spam and egg sandwiches with mustard. Now I look at such and get acid reflux. Piece of cheese was nice too.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
What is the thread topic? I'm so confused. It's either Roy Orbison, or Spam, or....any other random song you feel like posting?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Fascinating that Spam is such a hit in Hawaii and Australia.

There is a Hawaiian BBQ restaurant here that I frequent....... and yes... Spam is on the menu. I was there once in a less busy time, and here comes the owner's mother (?) hauling in cases and cases of Spam.

De gustibus non est disputandum. :rolleyes:

No idea what that means..... but it doesnt sound nice :oops:

Long, long ago I was up for fried Spam and egg sandwiches with mustard. Now I look at such and get acid reflux. Piece of cheese was nice too.

I got the Spam, I got the stove top, I got the Eggs, and I got the mustard, and I got two slices of bread left. If this doesnt turn out tasty... a pox on the whole state of Montana :mad:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Since obviously I dont know too many Roy Orbison songs... here is a song by Roy Acuff.... I remember seeing him on the TV show Hee Haw back when I was a kid

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Figures a senior citizen would say something like that.

Anyway.... different demographics have differing musical tastes. I assume if you are a elderly white person.. Orbison might be a singer that they enjoy, might be a singer regarded as a great. Im not in that demographic. didnt grow up listening to him, his records weren't in the record case that we had at home.....he died when i was in high school.

I'm trying to be nice @RockyMTblue2 but some of these AARP cardholders are testing my patience Head bang

THERE ARE ALL MANNER OF GROUPS YOU CAN DISLIKE, BUT WHEN YOU PICK ON THE ELDERLY, YOU DISPARAGE THE ONE GROUP YOU INEVITABLY WILL ONE DAY JOIN. REFORM NOW!

Reaction Score
Roy Orbison- "Dream Baby". What a great song. I've always loved how the instruments came in quietly one at a time and by the end it was full out rock n roll.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
What is the thread topic? I'm so confused. It's either Roy Orbison, or Spam, or....any other random song you feel like posting?

tenor.gif

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
IDK, maybe covers? maybe choruses? Maybe just a free for all.

Muse - Sign O' The Times (Prince)

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I interpret the OP as being about one person becoming a chorus. The absolute queen of multi-part multi-tracking was Laura Nyro. I think her best vocals and best piano playing were in Eli's Coming:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
So, not one person becoming a chorus, but four becoming a chorus of a thousand. The ethereal background here was created by each member of 10cc recording an individual note 16 times, downmixing, and doing this 16 times. So each was recorded 256 times. The effect is breathtaking, turning into one of the most achingly beautiful hit singles:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I interpret the OP as being about one person becoming a chorus.

Thanks, I think I can work with that. Pretty sure this is one vocalist singing at least 3 different parts on this song. Gotta stick around til the end for it to really get good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom