OT: OBTW American Pharoah Runs Today | The Boneyard

OT: OBTW American Pharoah Runs Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Breeders Cup Classic. Yeah, he should have been retired as a Triple Crown Winner, then he lost. Now seeking redemption. NBC folks.

Reaction Score
Breeders Cup Classic. Yeah, he should have been retired as a Triple Crown Winner, then he lost. Now seeking redemption. NBC folks.
I disagree. racehorses should race. And what a racehorse! He got the "Grand Slam". Awesome!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I disagree. racehorses should race. And what a racehorse! He got the "Grand Slam". Awesome!

Okay, you're the winner. I surrender. Too tired to mud wrestle over this one. Ask his owners if he should have quit, since his stud fee took a big hit when he lost. Oops. Guess I wasn't too tired for that huh?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The owners were dead in the industry if he didn't win today, and still may be; just because they retained the right to race him through the season in the contract with the syndicate that bought him doesn't mean that the should have. So what was in the winner's circle wasn't happiness. It was relief.

Reaction Score
OK, I'll wrestle...:p
Secretariat raced after syndication. And lost.

There has been a real problem in the industry of horses winning one big race and then retiring. Racing needs its stars for a reasonable amount of time. Sure it's a risk - the insurance premiums show that! I am nervous for every horse's safety in races.

The syndicate bought the breeding rights when they did knowing his value may increase or decrease and that he would race this season. After today his value went way up as a horse who was not just great and sound for a short time but through the season. And hey, the Zayats (owners) are known gamblers!
And tomorrow I am going to ride a horse I part-lease. A former (slow) racehorse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom