OT - Notre Dame | The Boneyard

OT - Notre Dame

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Louisville gets all the ink, but Notre Dame might be the worst major conference team to come down the pike in a very long time. Such a blessing that they’re both in the ACC and torpedoing that conference’s power ranking.

They lost by 20 at home to The Citadel tonight and they’re projected to have only a 55% chance to beat MARIST on 12/22.

They could be historically bad.

Reaction Score
They are terrible now, but they are Notre Dame, they will be back in a few years. Louisville has been an embarrassment under Pitino for his escapades, a recruiting scandal and now the Kenny Payne fiasco. They deserve the ink. At least when Kansas, North Carolina and Arizona cheat they produce winning teams.

Reaction Score
2021-22 Oregon State may be the worst Power Conference team ever. They beat Portland State on 11/9, Nicholls State on 12/21 and a bad Utah team on 12/30. That was it. They didn’t win any games in the 2022 portion of the schedule. Finished 3-28 overall and 1-19 in the PAC.

Reaction Score
Louisville gets all the ink, but Notre Dame might be the worst major conference team to come down the pike in a very long time. Such a blessing that they’re both in the ACC and torpedoing that conference’s power ranking.

They lost by 20 at home to The Citadel tonight and they’re projected to have only a 55% chance to beat MARIST on 12/22.

I’d love to know if the Citadel ever beat anyone by 20. Ever

Reaction Score
The team is utterly bereft of talent. I think their coach has a chance to be good, but there's little excuse not to get some talent at Notre Dame in the transfer era. He was hired in March, not June. Plenty of time.

Reaction Score

I was just talking about how it felt like yesterday that they were one of the best teams in the country. What a weird fall in status. I forgot they had a team until recently.

Reaction Score
2021-22 Oregon State may be the worst Power Conference team ever. They beat Portland State on 11/9, Nicholls State on 12/21 and a bad Utah team on 12/30. That was it. They didn’t win any games in the 2022 portion of the schedule. Finished 3-28 overall and 1-19 in the PAC.
True and Cal has been historically bad as of late too. But if it happens on the West Coast, does anyone even notice?

Reaction Score
It just goes to show how much these power schools only care about football. With the amount of $$ ND has and the amount of alumni support, you would think they could go out and hire a legit elite proven coach - not a guy who had one pretty good season (I mean 10-10 in the B1G I guess is pretty good).

But they are more content to get someone who is “decent” and won’t do anything to hurt or embarrass the AD or school. If they wanted a “good guy” who won’t rock the boat to coach their basketball team, they could have just stuck with Brey.

Reaction Score
It just goes to show how much these power schools only care about football. With the amount of $$ ND has and the amount of alumni support, you would think they could go out and hire a legit elite proven coach - not a guy who had one pretty good season (I mean 10-10 in the B1G I guess is pretty good).

But they are more content to get someone who is “decent” and won’t do anything to hurt or embarrass the AD or school. If they wanted a “good guy” who won’t rock the boat to coach their basketball team, they could have just stuck with Brey.
It’s a little funny. Take UConn’s approach to football bs basketball. Same argument

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
They are terrible now, but they are Notre Dame, they will be back in a few years. Louisville has been an embarrassment under Pitino for his escapades, a recruiting scandal and now the Kenny Payne fiasco. They deserve the ink. At least when Kansas, North Carolina and Arizona cheat they produce winning teams.
Greg, are you a Domer? I know many and that sounds like a Domer reply. Regardless, they stink now and that was all the original post was saying.

Reaction Score

They haven’t been the same since they let Sammy Mejia get away to DePaul.

Reaction Score
Your not counting Rick’s 2013. NC
I'm not big into vacating ,as it really changes nothing because the greatness of a Championship is the Euphoria of the moment.
How can you take back that special moment ?
I even doubt the AAC gave back the money as Louisville was gone after the 2013-14 season.

Reaction Score

And they only scored 45 in that loss. Wow how the mighty have fallen.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I’d love to know if the Citadel ever beat anyone by 20. Ever

I looked at their results…they did thump a couple of teams, but obviously, they’re pretty bad. Nearly beat BC earlier this season - lost by four.

Reaction Score
I looked at their results…they did thump a couple of teams, but obviously, they’re pretty bad. Nearly beat BC earlier this season - lost by four.
They lost to Gtown by 4 but beat OK St. BC beat the Citadel by 4.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Re Louisville, per the Athletic: "

10. No. 9 Kentucky (8-2) at Louisville (5-6), Thursday, 6 p.m., ESPN​

There’s very little chance of this being a good or even decent game, but that doesn’t mean it won’t be interesting. That’s mainly because Louisville seems incapable of going more than a few days (hours?) without something outrageous befalling the program. There is a good chance this will be head coach Kenny Payne’s last game at the helm of the Cardinals, a trainwreck hire that probably won’t last 45 total games. Also, UK looks good! And fun!"

Reaction Score
Notre Dame will be back? Back to where?

caw

Reaction Score
Re Louisville, per the Athletic: "

10. No. 9 Kentucky (8-2) at Louisville (5-6), Thursday, 6 p.m., ESPN​

There’s very little chance of this being a good or even decent game, but that doesn’t mean it won’t be interesting. That’s mainly because Louisville seems incapable of going more than a few days (hours?) without something outrageous befalling the program. There is a good chance this will be head coach Kenny Payne’s last game at the helm of the Cardinals, a trainwreck hire that probably won’t last 45 total games. Also, UK looks good! And fun!"

I want UL to win for so many reasons.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I know this because I did a small parlay of multiple games and gave a bunch of favorites alternate spreads…they were favored by 10 and were down 61-43 with like 4 minutes left. Got smoked by a few other awful teams already. They are awful.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom