OT: NFL Draft | Page 11 | The Boneyard

OT: NFL Draft

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Serious question because I don't pay attention much anymore: Do we have anyone that's going to be drafted?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm seeing people saying things along the likes of who would you have taken and projecting his performance.

I think this isn't about that at all.

Myself, huskyhawk, whaler, auror, kembastepback, connhuskbasketball etc etc have been arguing the 'value' argument. Which is all about money by position.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Every year a RB comes out who is the next Adrian Peterson. Last year it was Fournette. Year before was Elliot. Then it was Gurley.

Here are the running backs with the most yards in the Super Bowl on all the Super Bowl winning teams and their cap hit from that season this millenium:
LeGarrette Blount - 1.25 mil
LeGarrette Blount - 1 mil
CJ Anderson - 0.6 mil
LeGarrette Blount - 0.25 mil
Percy Harvin - 4.9 mil / Marshawn Lynch 8.5 mil
Ray Rice - 5 mil
Ahmad Bradshaw - 2.25 mil
James Starks - 0.34 mil
Pierre Thomas - 0.46 mil
Willie Parker - 4.1 mil
Ahmad Bradshaw - 0.32 mil
Dominic Rhodes - 2 mil
Willie Parker - 0.3 mil
Corey Dillon - 1.75 mil
Antowain Smith - 2 mil
Michael Pittman - 2.2 mil
Antowain Smith - 0.5 mil
Jamal Lewis - 1.8 mil

Saquon Barkley on rookie deal
2018: $5M
2019: $7M
2020: $8M
2021: $10M

Nicely done. RB is a place to find value. Take the money and protect your qb and open holes.

I understand a lot more risk in qb but upside is so much higher. It’s one of the few positions worth paying.

Eli is not worth the money anymore. Was time to cut bait but I guess upsetting the fan base was to scary for GM after last years backlash. Problem was sitting Eli for Geno. Can’t imagine if Webb was who we want him to be Macadoo wouldn’t have played him to save his job.

My feeling is a lot like Ollie the giants are holding on a year to long with Eli. So giants will go 7-9 and have to give away a bunch of picks to get a qb next year.

Reaction Score
Eli will be fine for 2-3 yearsand now he has a running back AND receivers, neither of which he had last year. I think the Giants decided that Webb was probably not much different than the draft quarterbacks. They’ve had a problem with 3rd and short for years and hopefully this will help.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Foley Fatukasi projected round 4 by most...

Joseph/Summers/Myers et al; outside chance late rounds

Thanks. Let's hope all four find a home.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I'm an Eagles fan who kept waiting for the Benny Hill music to start playing while our division rivals were picking last night. The Giants took a RB, the Redskins took a DT, and the Cowboys took an ILB. The NFC East of the next ten years is about to become the AFC East of the last ten. Thank you for your six free wins and please drive through.

If I were a Giants fan, I wouldn't be upset that we passed on a quarterback, I'd be upset that we passed on Bradley Chubb. You had your chance to slide him in for JPP and wreck quarterbacks for the next decade. That's always been your blueprint, from Taylor to Strahan to Tuck and Umenyiora. Even if Barkley turns out to be Le'Veon Bell, you'll take the stud edge rusher every time. The gap between Barkley and say, a prime DeMarco Murray is so much less than it is between Von Miller and your average edge rusher. I'm not saying a great back isn't still extremely valuable, but they tend to be the final piece rather than the bellwether. It's your ultimate turnstyle position. Many of the great ones are discovered by accident.

Eagles do something for the first time in 4 decades and this is what we get.

OK.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Myself, huskyhawk, whaler, auror, kembastepback, connhuskbasketball etc etc have been arguing the 'value' argument. Which is all about money by position.

And we're all just debating ourselves?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
And we're all just debating ourselves?

Course not. But the OP started off with "What everyone is missing is that Barkley now has the...".

I was just merely saying that, no, not everyone was missing that.

Reaction Score
Eagles do something for the first time in 4 decades and this is what we get.

OK.

No you don't understand, I actually feel bad about how good we are. I don't deserve this. Our division rivals deserve it a little bit because of all the Lombardi jokes, but I can relate to fanbases who are pumped about drafting a guard in the second round because that's all been us at one point. The Giants are the new year, new me everyman that can feel good about striving to be the best version of themselves. They're better today than they were yesterday and we're all happy for them.

Reaction Score
Surprised everyone is neglecting the fact that it will be very hard for Barkley to perform to the level of his contract. I mean, this is what, page 11 now? It's all about value IMO.

Reaction Score
Meh I think the pick will be fine especially if we get Hernandez at 2.2 to step in at guard. The line could actually be pretty good and we can address defense with the rest of the draft.

Looking at when you posted this. Great foresight.

Reaction Score
If they had a QB I wouldn’t have any problem.

What’s a realistic length of time he can be dominant? 5-6 years? He’s good enough to help them get to where they are stuck in the middle of the draft but it’s impossible to get over the hump without a QB.

They are going to waste half of his peak on cooked Eli.

Eli’s cooked and you know this how? No line and no receivers last year yeah that’s fair to say.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
No you don't understand, I actually feel bad about how good we are. I don't deserve this. Our division rivals deserve it a little bit because of all the Lombardi jokes, but I can relate to fanbases who are pumped about drafting a guard in the second round because that's all been us at one point. The Giants are the new year, new me everyman that can feel good about striving to be the best version of themselves. They're better today than they were yesterday and we're all happy for them.

Dear lord, I thought Eagles fans were insufferable before winning a Super Bowl...all that hose manure and climbing greased telephone poles leveled them up.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
My beloved Steelers finally got it together after a curious R1. Washington and Rudolph were steals...didn’t like the OT with our 2nd 3rd round pick, but we’ll see.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Eli’s cooked and you know this how? No line and no receivers last year yeah that’s fair to say.

You are welcome to share the opinion that doubling down on a 37.5 year old immobile statue is a good idea.

You’d have to be pretty generous to squeeze him into a list of the top 15 qbs.

Brady and Brees have had success at the age, but they both had much higher peaks than Eli.

It might work but it certainly seems more likely to me it just digs them a deeper hole even if 7-9 looks better to start from than 3-13.

Eli turns 40 during Barkley’s third season. That’s a lot of faith in a guy who hasn’t been good for multiple seasons.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Good post. Add to the context: how many of those Superbowl winning backs were absolute studs? Not many. A lot of good backs, to be sure, but absolutely elite? Few and far between.
So the efforts of guys like Elliott are not to be considered because they didn't win a Super Bowl
Walter Payton never won a NFL championship
I really don't remember any running back that carried a team to a Super Bowl never mind win one
You don't like the pick I get it but it made a ton of sense vs the quality of the qbs at that spot

Reaction Score
You are welcome to share the opinion that doubling down on a 37.5 year old immobile statue is a good idea.

You’d have to be pretty generous to squeeze him into a list of the top 15 qbs.

Brady and Brees have had success at the age, but they both had much higher peaks than Eli.

It might work but it certainly seems more likely to me it just digs them a deeper hole even if 7-9 looks better to start from than 3-13.

Eli turns 40 during Barkley’s third season. That’s a lot of faith in a guy who hasn’t been good for multiple seasons.

Name me the 15 better I need a good laugh.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I really wish they didn't draft the best rated player, I wish they brought back Jerry Reese to do more of his value picks.
Exactly. We should just have gone the predictable Cleveland route and picked manziel 2.0.

Reaction Score
Name me the 15 better I need a good laugh.
Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Wentz, Roethlisberger, Ryan, Newton, Wilson, Stafford, Luck, Rivers, Cousins, Winston, Mariotta, Carr, Goff, Watson, Smith.

And you could probably make a case for Garoppolo, Prescott, Dalton, Flacco. So that's somewhere around 18-22 QBs

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom