OT ND Season in Review | The Boneyard

OT ND Season in Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
It's a little strange to ignore the NC game, but I guess any mention of UConn is a no-no to them and we've gotten into their heads.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
37-0, FF appearance, pretty good. :D

On another note, I wonder if Geno can get Nurse a home game???

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
A lovely look at their season
Muffet comes across as personable, supportive and engaging.

But the omission of any mention of the championship game is truly bizarre.
And the Dr. Jekyll, Mr. Hyde, personality shifts as indicated by the pre-game shenanigans are unfathomable.

JS

Reaction Score
On another note, I wonder if Geno can get Nurse a home game???
Seemingly abrupt change of topic -- wasn't able to open the video; something ND did or wanted to do for Achonwa?

But an intriguing idea. Don't know if there'd be any complications about scheduling an exhibition against a Canadian collegiate team.

When UConn toured Italy in late August, 2011, they played exhibitions against a couple of European club teams.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Abrupt change of topic, but an intriguing idea. Don't know if there'd be any complications about scheduling an exhibition against a Canadian collegiate team.

When UConn toured Italy in late August, 2011, they played exhibitions against a couple of European club teams.

There is always the option of playing a neutral site game against a US university. ND played Duquesne in Toronto, which may be the connection that Meyers was making with the original post.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
ND has put together a mini dynasty of their own - certainly handling UCONN for the better part of the past 5 years. But aside from 2001, they have been unable to win the big one, and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Not sure their overall record the vs. UCONN, but certainly the past 5-6 years it's decidedly in favor of ND. However, UCONN has won NC's in 2009, 2010, 2013 and 2014. If ND's "best" claim to fame is beating UCONN more often than not the past 6 years, mission accomplished. If that's the sum total of what they achieve, while commendable, it's not what they ultimately want I'm sure...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Seemingly abrupt change of topic -- wasn't able to open the video; something ND did or wanted to do for Achonwa?

But an intriguing idea. Don't know if there'd be any complications about scheduling an exhibition against a Canadian collegiate team.

Yea, in the video they showed ND playing somebody up in Canada. I imagine it could be a preseason game, that doesn't count, just to get back to Canada.

Upon further review (ND women's schedule from this last year) they played Duquesne up in Canada, so it was a game that counted. Both teams just traveled up there to play. Interesting.

And it looks like Orangutan beat me to it. :oops:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
ND has put together a mini dynasty of their own - certainly handling UCONN for the better part of the past 5 years. But aside from 2001, they have been unable to win the big one, and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Not sure their overall record the vs. UCONN, but certainly the past 5-6 years it's decidedly in favor of ND. However, UCONN has won NC's in 2009, 2010, 2013 and 2014. If ND's "best" claim to fame is beating UCONN more often than not the past 6 years, mission accomplished. If that's the sum total of what they achieve, while commendable, it's not what they ultimately want I'm sure...
Well the record is 9-7 (UCONN) in the last 5 years, 10-7 in last 6 years.

If you wanna go 2-3 years then your talking ND. But as has been stated, UCONN has 2 NC's in that time, so ......

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Apparently the last game didn't happen because they didn't show it. :rolleyes:
The National Championship game was one of the only women's games I watch start to finish last year, though I did post an analysis of UConn's team defense back around late February. Based strictly on the numbers, there was no way that UConn was losing to ND. UConn's team defense was too good and it didn't let up late in the year. They held every team they played to well below their scoring average, where ND let at least a few opponents to approach theirs. Notre Dame was very well the 2nd best team in the country, but the number next to their name should have been #6 at best. UConn was the 1st-5th best team in the country.

They didn't show the National Championship game because it didn't happen. It didn't happen because ND didn't show up.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Maybe we could play an exhibition game against the Canadian National team Nurses senior year?!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Canada is starting to produce some pretty good players both in the men's game (Ennis, Wiggins) and the women's game too. Nurse this year. Eternati Willock (F 2015) has a final five of Louisville, Pitt, Michigan State, Texas and UNC. Achonwa turned out to be really good. The Plouffe sisters (Utah and Marquette) were good college players as was Kim Smith (Utah). I don't know how much young talent there is in the pipeline but some team may want to play a game in Toronto against UConn for the exposure.

Reaction Score
Wow. Interesting video. Maybe Muffet McGraw is trying to send her team, and future recruits, a message by not even mentioning the National Championship game or UConn in their season review. This is good for them in their recruiting agenda. Which I really don't care because we got KLS, Napheesa Collier, and De'Janae Boykin joining the team in 2015. And in 2014 we have an outstanding group of ladies joining the team as well; Gabby Williams, Sadie Edwards, Courtney Ekmark, and Kia Nurse.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Well the record is 9-7 (UCONN) in the last 5 years, 10-7 in last 6 years.

If you wanna go 2-3 years then your talking ND. But as has been stated, UCONN has 2 NC's in that time, so .
Oh, of course you are correct. I may not have said it right, but I was trying to point out that regardless of ND's record against UCONN, we've won 4 out of the last 6 NC's, and ND has won zero!

Reaction Score
Canada is starting to produce some pretty good players both in the men's game (Ennis, Wiggins) and the women's game too. Nurse this year. Eternati Willock (F 2015) has a final five of Louisville, Pitt, Michigan State, Texas and UNC. Achonwa turned out to be really good. The Plouffe sisters (Utah and Marquette) were good college players as was Kim Smith (Utah). I don't know how much young talent there is in the pipeline but some team may want to play a game in Toronto against UConn for the exposure.
Might be a good recruiting tool for the future.

Reaction Score
Yes, N.D. won a number of battles, but were losers to UConn in the N.C. wars. To the victor's belongs the spoils !

Reaction Score
It's a little strange to ignore the NC game, but I guess any mention of UConn is a no-no to them and we've gotten into their heads.
Not technically no mention of UConn; they did show Notre Dame beating us in last years BE tournament:rolleyes:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I guess its the History According to Notre Dame.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
It's, essentially, a propaganda film. You don't end a propaganda film with footage of losing your most important battle.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
The ND view of the world is comprised of their own version of reality.....an example I read in the NY Post yesterday: ND is converting their football stadium from real sod to artificial turf. As a "benefit" to their fans, you can purchase a 2'x5' strip of ND stadium sod, including shipping for $149.95.

Mind you, if you do not replant and heavily water this turf ASAP on arrival, you have paid $149.95 for dead grass. Actual cost to go buy a strip of sod this size from a turf farm: $3.00. ND sod, $149,95.....

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
The ND view of the world is comprised of their own version of reality.....an example I read in the NY Post yesterday: ND is converting their football stadium from real sod to artificial turf. As a "benefit" to their fans, you can purchase a 2'x5' strip of ND stadium sod, including shipping for $149.95.

Mind you, if you do not replant and heavily water this turf ASAP on arrival, you have paid $149.95 for dead grass. Actual cost to go buy a strip of sod this size from a turf farm: $3.00. ND sod, $149,95.....
Well, you said it yourself.... It's Notre Dame sod!! :rolleyes:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

But the Turf Farm sod won't come with a Certificate of Authenticity that can be reproduced at any UPSStore in the country!!! :eek:

"You want a [Certificate of Authenticity]? I can get you a [Certificate of Authenticity]. There are ways. You don't wanna know how. He11, I can get you a [Certificate of Authenticity] by 3:00 this afternoon...with [stamp]." - Walter Sobchak, The Big Lebowski...sort of.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
But the Turf Farm sod won't come with a Certificate of Authenticity that can be reproduced at any UPSStore in the country!!! :eek:

"You want a [Certificate of Authenticity]? I can get you a [Certificate of Authenticity]. There are ways. You don't wanna know how. He11, I can get you a [Certificate of Authenticity] by 3:00 this afternoon...with [stamp]." - Walter Sobchak, The Big Lebowski...sort of.
Or even a toe.... with nail polish. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc