OT- NBA free agency | The Boneyard

OT- NBA free agency

Reaction Score
Durant requests a trade and wants the Suns. Nets won't trade Durant to Suns without getting Booker. Good luck with that.

Suns won't max Ayton and it seems like nobody else wants to either.

Brunson to the Knicks 4 years $110 million.

Reaction Score
Very happy with where the Brunson money (reportedly) ended up. Still holding out hope the Knicks are able to squeeze some value from the Mavs in a sign and trade since it benefits both teams to do it that way. Hartenstein is an interesting backup for Mitch too

Reaction Score
Durant requests a trade and wants the Suns. Nets won't trade Durant to Suns without getting Booker. Good luck with that.

Suns won't max Ayton and it seems like nobody else wants to either.

Brunson to the Knicks 4 years $110 million.
Due to CBA shenanigans, Brooklyn can't get Booker unless they also get Summons off the roster anyways. Same with Bam.

Reaction Score
Reasonable minds can differ here and I know it's the new NBA but this is such an embarrassing look for KD.

I don’t think think reasonable minds can defend KD here. He seems to be placing all the blame on the Nets that should be placed on Kylie. And somehow he still wants to play with his buddy.

Reaction Score
Brogdon is always hurt but the Celtics got him for nothing, great move. Hilarious that Smart has been doing all this yapping about him being the PG the Celtics needed the whole time and then they trade for another one.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Miles Bridges lost himself a tremendous amount of free agency money but that should be the least of his worries. This isn't some he said/she said or a push or a slap. He clearly beats the hell out of his wife. He needs to go away.

Reaction Score
Absolute highway robbery by the Celtics, well done.

Wonder if they are done, or if they package Smart and picks to get John Collins from ATL

Reaction Score
Very happy with where the Brunson money (reportedly) ended up. Still holding out hope the Knicks are able to squeeze some value from the Mavs in a sign and trade since it benefits both teams to do it that way. Hartenstein is an interesting backup for Mitch too
Doesn't a sign and trade generally facilitate the signing team to fit the FA into their salary cap? And the old team receives compensation for playing along.

What extra value should the Mavs offer the Knicks for losing Brunson?

Reaction Score
Love the Brunson deal. It’s almost too sensible to make sense for the Knicks.

A winner and a very balanced PG who can distribute or score equally well while limiting mistakes.

Reaction Score
I don't understand the detractors when it comes to Collins, he's a hell of a player.. Smart is a hell of a defender, but he is a very shaky shooter and turns the ball over.. Now that you have Brogdon, IMO he becomes expendable.

The way I see it, did the Celtics defense (largely Smart) get them to the Finals? Yes. However, what lost them the finals was the lack of playmaking and scoring. Brogdon heals that substantially, Gallinari helps as well, Collins could put them over the top.

Reaction Score
Doesn't a sign and trade generally facilitate the signing team to fit the FA into their salary cap? And the old team receives compensation for playing along.

What extra value should the Mavs offer the Knicks for losing Brunson?
There's a bunch of reasons why sign and trades happen. In this scenario the Mavs get something back for Brunson instead of losing him for nothing, and since they're well over the cap and deep into the luxury tax, they have very few FA options. The Knicks get to operate as an above the cap team and get a $10.3M mid-level exception instead of $5.3M. But it's a moot point since it's been reported it won't be a sign and trade

Reaction Score
I mean, I guess KAT and Gobert can play together? Just seems weird but Minnesota just became a factor - not a title contender but a factor

Reaction Score
I mean, I guess KAT and Gobert can play together? Just seems weird but Minnesota just became a factor - not a title contender but a factor
I honestly don’t know how much this moves the needle for them.

Their defense will certainly take a couple steps forward, which should lead to more regular season wins. But I hate the way Gobert fits with Ant and KAT, and I’m not sure all those guys can be on the floor together down the stretch.

Just a bad move by a bad franchise.

Reaction Score

Their defense will certainly take a couple steps forward, which should lead to more regular season wins. But I hate the way Gobert fits with Ant and KAT, and I’m not sure all those guys can be on the floor together down the stretch.

I hate this trade so much for them. Gobert gets exposed defensively every playoffs, it was downright embarrassing this last playoffs. It's not the 90's anymore.

Reaction Score

I mean KAT basically refuses to go in the post on a regular basis, so I do think it works in a weird way. Ant is a STUD, Kyle Anderson gives them an additional garbage man.. Fun team

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We're not trading Smart + picks for a worse player.
Agreed, certainly not one who would push Al or Rob to the bench in the process. There’s no need for a starting big in Boston.

Brogdan is a nice get, but I just know Nesmith is going to turn into a player now. Unfortunately, with this core they can’t wait for him.

Reaction Score
The Celtics just signed Danilo Gallinari who hits 3PT at 40%. With his size and Tatum, Brown and Smart kicking it out all the time, he should be good for 10 pts a game. Al Horford can rest now during the year.

Brogdon and Gallinari are 2 pretty good signings who would've seen game time if they'd be on the team in the Finals.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom