OT: NBA Finals | Page 25 | The Boneyard

OT: NBA Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I agree. He is great in their system. It's basically a college game. So 3s everywhere. Really ugly to watch in general.

Thank God Draymond Green found the one team he can play for. Otherwise we would have missed his NBA Finals triple double.

Reaction Score
Hes a FA I think he might join Alvin Gentry in New Orleans next year, losing Gentry will be a big loss for Kerr.

He is a restricted free agent. No shot he is going anywhere.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Paging Dr. Heimlich...

EmilyLitella.jpg

Never mind.

Reaction Score
Damn Wikipedia is fast, I look up Andre Iguodala on Wiki and listed is a 2015 NBA Champion lol.

Reaction Score
LBJ did all he could, but it was clear the cumulative wear and tear was too much. Don't think he made a jump shot in the second half. He needed that JR Smith barrage about five minutes earlier to maybe have a chance on adrenaline.

Wonder if Ray wishes he came back. He probably wouldn't have mattered, but he would have gotten some minutes out there.

Reaction Score
Green played huge. Iguadola played even bigger, and was the key to the series. But, in a way, Iggy doesn't have anywhere near the series if Curry isn't drawing all of the attention. There were 4 times a game where Iggy was by himself, with no defender w/in 5 feet, for a wide open 3, solely because 2 Cavs were chasing curry around like madmen. That said, well deserved MVP. Guy played with huge stones and fight.

Reaction Score
Glad I didn't have to see Dan Gilbert hoisting that trophy, its probably coming soon but that's a sight I don't want to see.

Reaction Score
Not sure about Iguodola getting the MVP. Seems like a classic case of the votes being slanted towards the guy who played way above expectations instead of the guy who met astronomical expectations.

Iguodola was great, make no mistake. He was better defending LeBron than anybody else, and his insertion into the starting lineup proved to make a big difference.

Curry, though...man, all great players make their teammates lives easier, but in this series that was taken to an extreme. Some of those shots he hit in game five...it's hard for me not to give the award to him.

Reaction Score
Congrats to GS, the best team in the NBA all year long and showed it in the playoffs. There were injuries to the Cavs that hurt them but its part of the game and the show must still go on. The Warriors had one deep bench, the best backcourt duo in the NBA.

Reaction Score
Not sure about Iguodola getting the MVP. Seems like a classic case of the votes being slanted towards the guy who played way above expectations instead of the guy who met astronomical expectations.

Iguodola was great, make no mistake. He was better defending LeBron than anybody else, and his insertion into the starting lineup proved to make a big difference.

Curry, though...man, all great players make their teammates lives easier, but in this series that was taken to an extreme. Some of those shots he hit in game five...it's hard for me not to give the award to him.
I hear ya but am really happy for Iguadola, he has been kind of maligned by their fanbase and he was huge in the series. It could have gone to Iggy or Curry.

Reaction Score
I thought it was a toss up.

Curry obviously had the signature Game 5 and was exceptional tonight as well...even more so than his numbers indicate. Anytime you're the best player on the court in the go-ahead and clinching games, you deserve MVP consideration for that alone. But Curry also has a couple atrocious games mixed in there, whereas Iguodala didn't have a single one.

I would've given it to Curry, but I think it's defensible.

Reaction Score
As an aside, I've never seen what's happened to Iggy at the ft line happen to any other player. I noticed it a couple of years ago, it seems like he went from solid ft shooter to horrendous overnight.

Reaction Score
AI won game 1 remember his D on Lebron near the end and I believe he was GS leading scorer in that game.

Reaction Score
Curry didn't get a single MVP vote, Iggy got 7 and Lebron 4.
Superjohn I know you don't prefer losers to get the MVP and that logic is understandable. I will say that too mostly everyone and I would bet you as well, would admit that the most VALUABLE player was Lebron, and his historic numbers prove it.

Either way it was a pleasure for this non NBA fan to witness MJ, Magic, Bird and other greats again through Lebron. Curry's play to me was so enjoyable to watch as well, he was like he was at Davidson again.

I do wonder if this Finals loss affects Lebron's legacy, even though I say this loss deserves an asterisk and should not impact it.

As for GSW, they were very impressive. Mark Jackson is a pro but it had to be tough calling this series. Kerr did what he couldn't do. In fact Kerr had a case to be named Coach of the Year.

Reaction Score
Superjohn I know you don't prefer losers to get the MVP and that logic is understandable. I will say that too mostly everyone and I would bet you as well, would admit that the most VALUABLE player was Lebron, and his historic numbers prove it.

Either way it was a pleasure for this non NBA fan to witness MJ, Magic, Bird and other greats again through Lebron. Curry's play to me was so enjoyable to watch as well, he was like he was at Davidson again.

I do wonder if this Finals loss affects Lebron's legacy, even though I say this loss deserves an asterisk and should not impact it.

As for GSW, they were very impressive. Mark Jackson is a pro but it had to be tough calling this series. Kerr did what he couldn't do. In fact Kerr had a case to be named Coach of the Year.
I think it is a net gain for his legacy. Yeah, he lost in the Finals again, but you have to take context in to account.

Reaction Score
I agree. He is great in their system. It's basically a college game. So 3s everywhere. Really ugly to watch in general.
Players with NBA Finals triple-doubles:
Bob Cousy
Bill Russell
Wilt Chamberlain
Jerry West
Walt Frazier
Elgin Baylor
Wes Unseld
Dave Cowens
Magic Johnson
Larry Bird
James Worthy
Scittie Pippen
Charles Barkley
Jason Kidd
Tim Duncan
LeBron James
Draymond Green

Dude, you are so thoroughly out of your depth on this Draymond Green thing it's embarrassing. You seem to have no sense of how NBA defenses work when you seem to think a First Team All Defensive player is a system guy.

<iframe src="" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

Reaction Score

I know what I'm about to say is pretty much a talking head slob story, but I think Iguodala was the key to this team. He was a guy playing almost 40 minutes every night before he arrived in Golden State, which dropped to 32 last year, and to 26 this year. I think seeing an All-Star with an Olympic gold accept a relegated role set the tone of sacrifice for the greater team good for the younger guys like Curry, Thompson, Barnes, Green, etc. Golden State also happened to lose the two game where he didn't play well, and won the four that he did. I think Curry would be the better MVP, but don't necessarily oppose Iggy.

Reaction Score
I know what I'm about to say is pretty much a talking head slob story, but I think Iguodala was the key to this team. He was a guy playing almost 40 minutes every night before he arrived in Golden State, which dropped to 32 last year, and to 26 this year. I think seeing an All-Star with an Olympic gold accept a relegated role set the tone of sacrifice for the greater team good for the younger guys like Curry, Thompson, Barnes, Green, etc. Golden State also happened to lose the two game where he didn't play well, and won the four that he did. I think Curry would be the better MVP, but don't necessarily oppose Iggy.
Iggy was unquestionable the most valuable Warrior in THIS series, but that's because he could guard LeBron - the best player on earth. In other series and respects the Warriors rely equally on DGreen to facilitate & anchor their defense & Curry to provide offense or be the magnet attracting the other team's defensive attention that lets their offense flow.

Reaction Score
So does Ray Allen join Cleveland next year.
Ray Allen's likely analysis:
+ would have gotten major burn for Cleveland, Ray played over JJones & Mike Miller for 2yrs, he absolutely would have contributed.
- Stephen Curry redefining the 3 and shooting off the dribble is a skill Ray doesn't have anymore. He's much more effective spotting up, I think anyone watching Curry would conclude I can't compete with THAT.

Logistically or basketball skills-wise, I think Ray could have joined Cleveland or San Antonio or even the Clippers this year, but he chose not to. Especially when he could have joined late in the year with less wear & tear it seemed to be a no-brainer. So choosing not to play likely means Ray found piece of mind in easing off the obsessive compulsive gas pedal and constant training required to keep a 39-year old body in NBA shape. Now it becomes even harder to get back in game shape & timing after a year off. I expect a retirement announcement or silence effectively indicating same.

Reaction Score
Players with NBA Finals triple-doubles:
Bob Cousy
Bill Russell
Wilt Chamberlain
Jerry West
Walt Frazier
Elgin Baylor
Wes Unseld
Dave Cowens
Magic Johnson
Larry Bird
James Worthy
Scittie Pippen
Charles Barkley
Jason Kidd
Tim Duncan
LeBron James
Draymond Green

Dude, you are so thoroughly out of your depth on this Draymond Green thing it's embarrassing. You seem to have no sense of how NBA defenses work when you seem to think a First Team All Defensive player is a system guy.

Green is a fine player, but if you're another team's front office, do you pay big money to him and build a team around him? Right now he's the 3rd or 4th option on offense and a defensive anchor. Maybe that isn't the debate happening, but I do think he works perfectly on this team, and would definitely not garner this much attention if he was the #1 option and wasnt surrounded by an MVP and great shooters. Look at all those players above. Most were option #1 and were for a decade at least. And lets be honest, he got a triple double in the finals against a gassed Lebron and a collection of journeymen who have no business starting a finals game. Great achievement for sure, but he he has a looooong way to go before he can be mentioned in the same sentence as the names above.

Reaction Score
Green is a fine player, but if you're another team's front office, do you pay big money to him and build a team around him? Right now he's the 3rd or 4th option on offense and a defensive anchor. Maybe that isn't the debate happening, but I do think he works perfectly on this team, and would definitely not garner this much attention if he was the #1 option and wasnt surrounded by an MVP and great shooters. Look at all those players above. Most were option #1 and were for a decade at least. And lets be honest, he got a triple double in the finals against a gassed Lebron and a collection of journeymen who have no business starting a finals game. Great achievement for sure, but he he has a looooong way to go before he can be mentioned in the same sentence as the names above.
All sorts of players play against gassed teams in the Finals and haven't done it.

Green, and Kawhi Leonard, and players like them are the future of this league. Every team needs shooters, and are going to need players who can be primary creators, but the teams that are going to win will have wing players who can pass, dribble, make an open shot, and defend 4 positions. Very few teams have players like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom