OT - Name the States | The Boneyard

OT - Name the States

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yup. 2 min 19 seconds. I noticed that Connecticut is at the bottom of the list of states that people correctly answer, which I figure is because people can't spell it.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
50/50 in 3:15. I need to type faster. It'd be more of a challenge if they didn't provide a blank map of the states. It'd be more fun to draw the map in your head and name the states that way.

Last edited:

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
This was going to be easy. In 11th grade American History, Mr. Jacobs gave a test with a blank map of the states. We had to take it once a week until everyone filled in at least 80% of the states and the capitals right. This was going to be a cinch. I started in Maine and roosterily worked my way south and west. I got to 49 states in a little under five minutes. I thought I was done, but the test said I missed one. I looked and looked at the map and couldn't figure out what I was missing. The map seemed full. I concentrated on the crowded Boston to DC corridor, figuring there was a small state that I missed. Nothing. I said to myself it's something here between Boston and DC. Again nothing. I reviewed, Delmarva Peninsula -- yup I've got all those. With a few seconds left, I said Boston to myself again and realized I left out Massachusetts. Mass-a-freaking-chusetts. Of course there was no way I could spell it correctly under the gun.

Reaction Score
50 4:26 one finger iPad
50/50 in 6:00, WITH 2 FINGERS!! My normal typing mode. :(
ps. upon further review my comprehension skills are slipping too... the timer said 6:00, but that meant 4:00 to do the test. I'm much better than I thought I was. ;^)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
50/50 in 2:28 seconds.
SCORE50/50TIMER07:32
REPLAY GAME
CHALLENGE
RESULTS
I remember back in the day how many people didn't know all the states. My dad being a history buff made us all complete blank maps all the time... I did the same to my boys lol

Reaction Score
Yup. 2 min 19 seconds. I noticed that Connecticut is at the bottom of the list of states that people correctly answer, which I figure is because people can't spell it.
I'm more surprised at Massachusetts being so low on the list... It is interesting though :0)

Reaction Score
This was going to be easy. In 11th grade American History, Mr. Jacobs gave a test with a blank map of the states. We had to take it once a week until everyone filled in at least 80% of the states and the capitals right. This was going to be a cinch. I started in Maine and roosterily worked my way south and west. I got to 49 states in a little under five minutes. I thought I was done, but the test said I missed one. I looked and looked at the map and couldn't figure out what I was missing. The map seemed full. I concentrated on the crowded Boston to DC corridor, figuring there was a small state that I missed. Nothing. I said to myself it's something here between Boston and DC. Again nothing. I reviewed, Delmarva Peninsula -- yup I've got all those. With a few seconds left, I said Boston to myself again and realized I left out Massachusetts. Mass-a-freaking-chusetts. Of course there was no way I could spell it correctly under the gun.

Too funny! I thought you were going to say RI :)

Reaction Score
5:02. Was stuck on 48 seemingly forever. Then moved the cursor down to expose more of the map. Oops!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
3:00. I can't type very fast on a laptop. Need my work keyboard.

Reaction Score
3:06 and I'm a pretty fast typist. I didn't struggle on any of them and so I'm stunned that someone could actually input the info in just over two minutes.

Reaction Score
50 of 50 in 3:35. At first I didn't know what I was supposed to do. Then I didn't know how to spell Tennessee and Massachusetts. Maybe I'll be quicker next time.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
50 in 3:34 - I am a terrible speller, and I got stuck on Massachusetts (as I always seem to do)

I just looked at the map, started from left to right, top to bottom and named them all. You don't have to press enter when you are done typing a name cause it just uploads it. Easy peasy.

Thanks for posting this DC. It was fun! Now we should find one with the state capitals!

Reaction Score
50 in 3:34 - I am a terrible speller, and I got stuck on Massachusetts (as I always seem to do)

I just looked at the map, started from left to right, top to bottom and named them all. You don't have to press enter when you are done typing a name cause it just uploads it. Easy peasy.

Thanks for posting this DC. It was fun! Now we should find one with the state capitals!

Capitals

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I did the Capitals one. Missed 6, including 2 that I have actually been in. Just drawing blanks. Yikes.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
you could "right click" on what your spelling is... to correct it BUT would that be cheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom