OT: My Dear Friend......I must take my leave.... | The Boneyard

OT: My Dear Friend......I must take my leave....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABachelor6CR

Time Traveler
Reaction Score
as I have just received word from a post rider that the Regulars have marched out of Boston to try and confiscate black powder and ball from the Militia. They were confronted by the Militia of Lexington and the Militia were fired upon without provocation!

Oh how I had hoped that we could have settled our differences but now that King George seems consumed to reign with a heavy hand, I am compelled to take up arms against the Mother country. Perhaps there is still a chance that this conflict can end but fear it will not. Until we see each other again, I remain.....

Yr. Most Affectionate Friend,

ABachelor

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Stand to at the North Bridge AB

"By the rude bridge that arched the flood,
Their flag to April’s breeze unfurled,
Here once the embattled farmers stood,
And fired the shot heard round the world."
Emerson

ABachelor6CR

Time Traveler
Reaction Score
Stand to at the North Bridge AB

"By the rude bridge that arched the flood,
Their flag to April’s breeze unfurled,
Here once the embattled farmers stood,
And fired the shot heard round the world."
Emerson

I will vtcwbuff! We will fight the bloody Lobsterbacks back to Boston, then on to England!

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
You and your gallant colleagues have been invited to take a respite from that little conflict with the British by spending a few hours with a multitude of rebelious supporters in Norwalk on Monday, May 27. These citizens are in an especially bellicose mood after having their fair city burned by the nasty redcoats. One especially truculent resident has become known as The Yankee Doodle and an anonymous songsmith has composed a defiant musical ditty in his honor.

Reaction Score
My family relation Goodman Wm. Dawes has taken leave of his newly tapped rum-keg and issued forth to summon the volunteers to assembly.

ABachelor6CR

Time Traveler
Reaction Score
My family relation Goodman Wm. Dawes has taken leave of his newly tapped rum-keg and issued forth to summon the volunteers to assembly.

And the only one to complete his mission, yet gets none of the glory......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom