OT : Movie Theme Songs | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT : Movie Theme Songs

Reaction Score
Agreed. And one of the greatest movies ever.
Absolutely. Great back story is that the movie was based on a play called Everybody Comes to Rick's which was never produced. The studio bought the rights. The two writers assigned to the screenplay were brothers Philip and Julius Epstein. They were joined by Howard Koch as well. They had no idea how it was going to end as they were writing it and as it was being filmed contemporaneously with the script being written and that made Ingrid Bergman so completely believable because she had no idea who she was winding up with. The famous last scene of Bogart and Claude Rains walking into the fog was added in later and dubbed over. It was released in 1942 and won best picture, director and screenplay. It is now iconic. Best line? "I'm shocked, shocked to find that there is gambling in this establishment"..."Your winnings Captain".

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Freddy is not a metalhead. "What a nightmare. Who were those guys?"

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Absolutely. Great back story is that the movie was based on a play called Everybody Comes to Rick's which was never produced. The studio bought the rights. The two writers assigned to the screenplay were brothers Philip and Julius Epstein. They were joined by Howard Koch as well. They had no idea how it was going to end as they were writing it and as it was being filmed contemporaneously with the script being written and that made Ingrid Bergman so completely believable because she had no idea who she was winding up with. The famous last scene of Bogart and Claude Rains walking into the fog was added in later and dubbed over. It was released in 1942 and won best picture, director and screenplay. It is now iconic. Best line? "I'm shocked, shocked to find that there is gambling in this establishment"..."Your winnings Captain".
It is a marvelous movie. I saw it again the other night on TCM. Another interesting bit is that there were no such things as "letters of transit", that even the NAZIs could not override. That whole bit was simply invented out of nothing by the Epsteins. The whole movie was so cockeyed unbelievable; that is what made it so endearing, that and the marvelous cast. HOWEVER, I must disagree with those of you who have proposed "As Time Goes By" as a great theme. I feel sure that if it is not the absolutely worst love song ever written, it is a contenduh. The words are embarassingly vacuous. That, however, is exactly what made it perfect for this movie. And I would nominate: "Major Strasser has been shot. Round up the usual suspects." as the greatest line. De gustibus no disputandum.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Could not locate any information that verified RMP was or was not on Rowan & Martin's Laugh In.
I would guess not, I recall the Laugh-In dancers as being twiggyer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom