OT: Maybe Schiano WAS worth a private helicopter after all | The Boneyard

OT: Maybe Schiano WAS worth a private helicopter after all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bucs are looking so much better than last year. Granted, signing Carl Nicks and Vincent Jackson certainly helps. Also, it could just be that Raheem Morris was THAT bad.

Either way, hell of a start so far for Schiano. Can't believe a college coach from the lowly Big East can succeed in the NFL. :rolleyes:

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Morris was a joke. Schiano's salesman sizzle will wear off after a couple of months, when they realize he is clueless on the sideline.

Reaction Score
Morris was a joke. Schiano's salesman sizzle will wear off after a couple of months, when they realize he is clueless on the sideline.

Pete Carroll all over again?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Somebody forgot to sacrifice a goat to the injury gods.

Giants with a nice score, up a 41-34 with 25 seconds left.

Reaction Score
Sometimes I wonder if Schiano is just a hack. Bucs tried the same garbage that RU tried last year diving at the legs of the OL in the victory formation. Total amateur hack move.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
In college, you can run the same crap year after year and have success. In the NFL, what works one week will get exposed/exploited a few weeks later. It's all about how you adapt your schemes to counter your opponent. That's where I'm skeptical of GS.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Schaino is balloon knot alway was always will be!

Reaction Score
Sometimes I wonder if Schiano is just a hack. Bucs tried the same garbage that RU tried last year diving at the legs of the OL in the victory formation. Total amateur hack move.
Richer now that's he is the NFL, but same level of douchiness. Players won't appreciate his useless "strategy" of having players dive at knees when a game is out of reach. Those are million-dollar knees across the line. It's a funny way players react when you threaten their livelihood when a play is outside the realm of trying to win. They don't like it.
As a poster mentioned above, his "rah rah" approach will wear off when the players see he has no respect for them and doesn't have the game coaching skills to back up his cheerleader approach to coaching. He is a relatively gross human being. Admittedly there is a small sample size of observations of his actions as a fan on TV to make that statement, but the results aren't in his favor. I wonder if he plowed over ANOTHER nature preserve to make room for his new house, like he did when he was at RU.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
' (adj) a Coach that has no class. Mans gonna find karma knocking on door one day.

Reaction Score
And he'll be getting a call from Goodell no doubt. Can't screw with players' careers by doing that

Reaction Score
When I saw that crap on the last play of the game it brought back memories of Rutgers doing that against us. I'm surprised his pro players went along with him on that bush league move. The camera went to Coughlin right after and he was immediately ticked. The first thing he said when he got to Schiano was "what was that all about?". Good thing they don't play us again this year.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
This is going to be on sportscenter. And on the anniversary of the Harbaugh back slap too!

Edit - er, not the anniversary, but his first meeting with the Lions HC (can't remember his name)

Reaction Score
Felt bad enough as a Bucs fan that they lost the game, then Shady goes ahead and pulls that bush league crap on the kneel down. What a slimeball. Can't stand that TB hired him. There are some unwritten rules of NFL protocol and he broke one. Coughlin was right to get in his face about it.

Reaction Score
To me this is a non-issue and I can't stand Schiano. What bothers me the most in the NFL is all the "look at me" celebration guys are flexing their muscles after a sack and dancing after touchdown or even just a first down. Every team does it. It is becoming the WWE. If I were a referee there would be flags all over the field. Do these guys even realize they look like idiots?

Reaction Score
Watching Sportscenter now.....Schiano defending the practice and referencing that he did it at Rutgers as well. Coughlin and some Giant players calling it bush league and classless.

Pissed me off last year when they did against us down 3 scores.

Reaction Score
Shady is lucky Brandon Jacobs isn't on the giants anymore

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Josh Freeman is fair game next time he takes a knee. Schiano is the biggest in football, it will take the Rutgers board a few years to realize this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom