OT Mac Mcclung | The Boneyard

OT Mac Mcclung

Reaction Score
Good for him, but when watching the dunk contest how could you not be thinking about Andre Jackson winning one of these contests.

Looks like it’s gonna be a new era of 2nd rd to undrafted D league guys in these contests since star players won’t do it anymore or even 1st rd rookies.

Reaction Score
Good for him, but when watching the dunk contest how could you not be thinking about Andre Jackson winning one of these contests.

Looks like it’s gonna be a new era of 2nd rd to undrafted D league guys in these contests since star players won’t do it anymore or even 1st rd rookies.
His dunks were ridiculous, Jackson would have no chance.

Nobody is having a better week than Mac McClung, really happy for him.

Reaction Score

Jackson can reach the top of the back board if, if he could find a way to dunk from the ft line he will win it.

Jackson’s in game dunks are ferocious if he tries not to be too creative like a ton of these guys try to do, land a thundering dunk and get the crowd into it which would influence the judges. Fans have already seen Mcclung how much more creative can he get.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Check macs high school high light mix tape if u really wanna see some crazy stuff. To think, Ewing had him and akinjo in the backcourt but couldn’t keep them
This is when I first saw him on IG. He was going through the legs for dunks in games in HS.

Reaction Score
I can’t believe Ewing is still there. Their team this year should be at least .500 or a little better with a competent coach

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score

Yea that was an unbelievable performance. 6’2”, super creative, and hits em all on the first attempt?? Outrageous. That double pump he did on the 2nd dunk blew my freaking mind, that takes so much strength and athleticism.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Saw that he doubled his salary by winning the contest. That’s a great incentive for the G league guys, they should throw a couple per year to compete with the NBA guys.

Reaction Score
Mac McClung looks a lot like like Chris Kringle to me.
1676898846686.png

1676898681555.png

Reaction Score
This dude won the NBA Slam Dunk contest. He played at Texas Tech and Georgetown.

Does anybody remember this guy? He looked like a freaking athlete in the contest. I have never heard of him till yesterday.

Reaction Score
He was a social media sensation in HS (instagram, youtube, etc). He caught a lot of eyes because he's "only 6'2 and the white kid". He got crapped on by a lot of people, including opposing low-rent HS coaches saying he'd never make it, overrated, etc.

The kid can not only dunk, but his college stats are pretty good and his HS stats are insane. I think he was only a 3* recruit. I'm not sure he's going to see much time in the league but he's fun to watch

Reaction Score
High school phenom. Actually didn't see much of him at GTown, but at Texas Tech he went from a human highlight reel to a pretty inefficient iso scorer

Seems he still can be a human highlight reel. Might get some NBA looks just for the publicity after that dunk contest showing. Just checked his G League stats and he's averaging 19 a game on 57% FG and 50% 3P. Dude might have just saved his career this weekend

Reaction Score
High school phenom. Actually didn't see much of him at GTown, but at Texas Tech he went from a human highlight reel to a pretty inefficient iso scorer

Seems he still can be a human highlight reel. Might get some NBA looks just for the publicity after that dunk contest showing. Just checked his G League stats and he's averaging 19 a game on 57% FG and 50% 3P. Dude might have just saved his career this weekend
He started every game as a freshman at Georgetown and started 48 out of 49 there. He was good at both schools and he's put his head down and kept working. Surprised he hasn't gotten more of a shot yet but I think this week opened some doors for him. He's small and doesn't have a huge wingspan but he's in the absolute top tier even amongst NBA athletes, with the improvement in his outside shooting I could see him stick.

Reaction Score
Good for Mac. Always thought the perception of his game was higher than what it really was due to his dunks. Speaking of our dunkers, AJax is the obvious thought. But look what Hawk has been doing lately. Yesterday was just like DAMN!
I had the exact opposite impression, I thought a lot of people didn't take him seriously as a basketball player and viewed him kind of like some And 1 guy because of his crazy dunks. It was ridiculous he was only a 3 star recruit coming out of high school.

Reaction Score
He started every game as a freshman at Georgetown and started 48 out of 49 there. He was good at both schools and he's put his head down and kept working. Surprised he hasn't gotten more of a shot yet but I think this week opened some doors for him. He's small and doesn't have a huge wingspan but he's in the absolute top tier even amongst NBA athletes, with the improvement in his outside shooting I could see him stick.

I was too busy watching UConn vs. Tulane to catch Mac at GTown :(

Reaction Score
I was too busy watching UConn vs. Tulane to catch Mac at GTown :(
I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Those years were depressing as a UConn/Big East fan. I would watch our high school level broadcasts and then flip over to Fox for all the Big East games.

Reaction Score

Yeah that was best dunks I had seen in a long time. Normally the dunks are so uneventful. His felt fresh and exciting. I told all my family to check them out after I saw the higlights.

Reaction Score
This dude won the NBA Slam Dunk contest. He played at Texas Tech and Georgetown.

Does anybody remember this guy? He looked like a freaking athlete in the contest. I have never heard of him till yesterday.
Yeah I heard of him and always followed. I love white guys that can jump.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Known about him since his HS YouTube days. If we were recruiting kids off YouTube this should have been the guy.

Reaction Score

Yeah, scoring a two-way contract with a team with championship aspirations (Philadelphia), winning the NBA dunk contest, and scoring a shoe contract with Puma. Not a bad 5-day stretch!

Saw him play a game on the Warriors summer league squad and he was all over the court. I think he has a chance to play some quality minutes for the Sixers.

Reaction Score

Or good ol kwintin. The dude may have been the best contest dunker ever.

Reaction Score
Mcclung was the mvp of allstar weekend, his dunks were more impressive then then Tatums 55 pts.

Tatum did nothing wrong but the allstar game is an absolute joke it got destroyed went they went away with the East vs West format. Not that it was perfect but at least you tuned a bit to watch it. This glorified pickup game of pick your own team is a joke.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom