OT: Lolo Jones....hurdles her way to the bobsled | The Boneyard

OT: Lolo Jones....hurdles her way to the bobsled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
From yesterday's JI: American Olympic hurdler Lolo Jones has made the preliminary team of the bobsled squad in Lake Placid....not a guarantee that she will be on the team for the 2014 Winter Olympics but still...she made the team after being introduced to the sport 3 whole weeks ago.

She will be a 'pusher'.

Also making the team is gold medalist sprinter [4 by 1 relay team] Tianna Madison.

Reaction Score
From yesterday's JI: American Olympic hurdler Lolo Jones has made the preliminary team of the bobsled squad in Lake Placid....not a guarantee that she will be on the team for the 2014 Winter Olympics but still...she made the team after being introduced to the sport 3 whole weeks ago.

She will be a 'pusher'.

Also making the team is gold medalist sprinter [4 by 1 relay team] Tianna Madison.

Pretty decent history of track folks moving to the bobsled...one of the more successful was hometown Georgia hero Herschell Walker...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
if she's the best we got that's good, I guess. But Lolo has a lot of phony in her, I think act has worn thin.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
if she's the best we got that's good, I guess. But Lolo has a lot of phony in her, I think act has worn thin.

how so?

Reaction Score
how so?

She took too many advertising deals, and some of the other women on the Olympic Track team felt slighted. The politics of envy are in full season...

Reaction Score
Does that really make her phony though?

I mean, if sponsors offered me loads of money for an advertising deal, and I had no ethical/moral/political issues with their products, I would also take as many as I could handle...especially if I were an athlete in a sport with limited earning potential and short professional lifespan.

She took too many advertising deals, and some of the other women on the Olympic Track team felt slighted. The politics of envy are in full season...

Reaction Score
Does that really make her phony though?

I mean, if sponsors offered me loads of money for an advertising deal, and I had no ethical/moral/political issues with their products, I would also take as many as I could handle...especially if I were an athlete in a sport with limited earning potential and short professional lifespan.

No...I think it's pretty hard to phony up an athletic career like Lolo's and a spot in an Olympic final...

Reaction Score
She's a virgin who famously tripped and missed her best shot at a gold medal. She's pretty, marketable, was homeless for a time as a child, came from less and has made more out of her life than most people.

Therefore, she's a phony. :rolleyes:

haters-gaga.gif

Reaction Score
Good, and good looking. An unbeatable combination for advertisers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom