OT: LeBron returning to the Cavaliers | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: LeBron returning to the Cavaliers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is good for bazz. He's gonna have to take extra flights if stairs on his multi-decade learning experience. We need him to learn from facing adversity so he can be the next great uconn HC.

Reaction Score
Summer League performance notwithstanding, this is Napier's first, "Welcome to the NBA," moment.

Gotta ask though, How is Shabazz a punch line?
he is most definitely a punch line in the twitterverse. fair or not, people are pointing at laughing at the fact that lebron hand picked him and bounced. Unclear on why lbj would go out of his way to hype napier if he didn't plan on coming back to mia. I wonder how he will respond on the court next year.

Reaction Score
Shabazz will be fine. He is playing for a franchise that has been a proven winner and probably will be again after a few years. Sure he missed out on a chance to play with one of the best players ever, but things seem to work out both for Shabazz and Miami.

Reaction Score
Poor Josh McRoberts left Kemba and the playoffs for Bazz and the lottery.
Little did Miami fans think that this summer league team is their team.
I told you'll that Riley had big plans for Ennis. I the center from LSU.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's like Lebron planned it all out win 2 rings with your friends in south beach while the Cavs loaded up on assets including Irving and a young upcoming star/trade chip to get a star in Wiggins.

Lebron was a celebrity in Ohio since childhood he was the kid who wanted to get out of that state. Now about to turn 30 he's is more mature and misses home.

Reaction Score
I expect the Heat to offer max contracts to Parsons and Stephenson as a final "" to the league as they spiral to irrelevance.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
he is most definitely a punch line in the twitterverse. fair or not, people are pointing at laughing at the fact that lebron hand picked him and bounced. Unclear on why lbj would go out of his way to hype napier if he didn't plan on coming back to mia. I wonder how he will respond on the court next year.

I wonder if anyone in the Twitterverse is as about to average at least $1.25 Million guaranteed for each of the next 4 seasons and have a college degree, and two College Basketball National Championship rings over the last 4 years.

Okay, I'm done wondering, because only Coach Ollie has the above credentials and I am certain that he has not punked Napier. Who's the punch line again?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Cavs are low balling Minnesota to get Love. Offer is Bennet and a future #1 right now. I think it will end up being Bennet and Varajao, but with Love, Cleveland will be really, really good.

Who else is in the East? Toronto and Washington are nice 45ish win teams that will likely never be anything more than that, Derrick Rose is made out of very delicate china, Paul George can't stop banging his teammate's wives, the Nets average age is 53.6, and Carmelo is a fat, selfish, jerk. The Pistons may actually be positioned to make a playoff run next year. That tells you how weak the East is.

Reaction Score
Miami will still have a couple things for the immediate future - tons of cap space, warm weather and beaches. They may take some lumps this year since they won't be able to replace the exodus of players leaving, but they'll be back very quickly.

Reaction Score
Do you think if the Heat and LeBron didn't like him, he'd have gone undrafted? unbelievable take on it

WTF ?? Please explain, as you say, that's an unbelievable take on it (i.e. my post). Unbelievable.

Wow and then you go on to think he'd have gone undrafted. Unbelievable take for sure.

(So you're not alone, I can misinterpret posts as well)

Reaction Score
Brian Windhurst is going back to Cleveland.

He's got to continue being the Lebron stalker. ESPN used to have one for Barry Bonds, although I can't remember his name.

Reaction Score
Sometimes it flat out s*cks to be a fan. One moment, you're the fan of a perennial championship contending team, and in the blink of an eye, your team flat out s*cks and might not even make the playoffs.

I'm on the fence as to if I respect LeBron more now. One one hand, he has matured since the Decision, and is now going back to the city, team, and the state he grew up in. On the other hand, would he have done this if the talent level there wasn't looking so promising for the current and foreseeable future?

So much for his, "Not 1, not 2, not 3..." which turned out to be just 2, though they got there 4 times. Staying in South Beach and not winning a boatload of championships, if that were to happen, would probably have tainted his image compared to returning to Cleveland, and hopefully winning at least one there, if that were to happen. If he stayed at Miami, the fan perception and possibly his legacy would probably remain the same, or worsened if he didn't rack up a bunch of championships. But returning to Cleveland, is going to win over a lot of fans, especially...duh...in Ohio.

Reaction Score
Sometimes it flat out s*cks to be a fan. One moment, you're the fan of a perennial championship contending team, and in the blink of an eye, your team flat out s*cks and might not even make the playoffs.
It's ok most Heat 'fans' will just take out their old cavs jerseys from storage.

Reaction Score
Well look at the bright side Shabazz, you are now the 3rd face of the franchise behind only D-Wade and Pat Rielly! Moving up!

Reaction Score
cleveland will absolutely compete for championships with their current roster, and it'll only get better now. Plus they're virtually guaranteed to at least make the finals every year because the east blows. i don't see how this hurts his legacy, if anything it eliminates the silly "villain" persona that some people still attributed to him.
i agree, i dont see how this hurts his legacy at all

Reaction Score
I like his analogy that going to Miami was like going to college...he had to go there to learn more about the game and mature as a player and a person. It's a good comparison.
And South Beach was the girls dorm.

Reaction Score
The east just evened out in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, they're in the top 2 or 3 but I can't give them the top spot before seeing what the rest of the roster is going to look like. Cleveland isn't guaranteed to go to the finals like the Heat were the last four years. His legacy takes a hit in the fact that he game genied his way to two rings and now he can play out the rest of his career for his home team. Definitely the greatest player in the world, but leaving to join a borderline all star team to get rings just to return home the moment he was allowed to leave is suspect imo.

The East is terrible. I'd love to see Lebron on a team out West to see how he would do. Clearly, he'd still be successful, but he plays teams loaded with one and doners every single night in the East.

Pretty much every team in the East besides the Bulls has all out tanked at some point in the last 10 years. (Clev, Bos, Phil, Orl, Tor, Milw, Wash, Mia, Det, Charl, Nets, Knicks). Literally all of them. And most of them multiple times. Think about that for a minute.

Reaction Score
Wiggins, Bennett and No.1's headed North. Love moving to Cleveland.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Brian Windhurst is going back to Cleveland.

It's just as well. He doesn't have what you'd call a "nice beach body."

Reaction Score
The Cavs probably won't need to trade Wiggins. Why would they? Fact is, Minnesota simply doesn't have enough leverage since Love is gone after this season. The ONLY way that the Cavs may have to budge on Wiggins is if Klay Thompson is offered up by Golden State. Otherwise, there's a good shot that the Cavs pull it off either through a straight up deal or 3-team trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom