OT: Kia Nurse | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Kia Nurse

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Huh? My point is not learning per se, it's the fact their offenses will never look as good as the women do in some of these games it's impossible. Totally different world. You will some who can run their offense smoothly for a while but not for 40 minutes like Geno's girls. Not happening different game.
My bad, I as responding to the wool head who said that Cal, K, KO and Izzo couldn't learn anything from Geno, implying that a women's coach wouldn't have anything to teach an outstanding men's coach. I agree with your statement. The men's game is NOT the same.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Totally different world. You will some who can run their offense smoothly for a while but not for 40 minutes like Geno's girls. Not happening different game.
But I've never seen Geno's players take the ball in the back court, dribble up the floor without looking to pass and launch a 25-foot brick that leads to a lay-up going the other way. That's been a staple of the men's team for the last two years.

Reaction Score
But I've never seen Geno's players take the ball in the back court, dribble up the floor without looking to pass and launch a 25-foot brick that leads to a lay-up going the other way. That's been a staple of the men's team for the last two years.

OK:eek:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Saying Jeff Beck blows the other two out of the water isnt disrespect.He blows pretty much everyone out of the water. I love Clapton.

Clapton would be the first to tell you he worships at Becks feet.

Page is a slop-meister. Forget him.
In the spirit of women players you might consider Midori!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
In the spirit of cocktails designed for women's hoops fans you might consider Midori!

japanese_slipper.png

ftfy.

<ducking>

Reaction Score

I challenge you to find me one play that meets your description.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I love the women's team. Saw the whole game yesterday and it was a sight to see. My opinion the whole year has been that Gabby Williams is the best player in the country. It is rare that I've seen a player that could play all five positions on the court, but she is one of them. She could play the point. She can guard a center.

Fantastic team. Fun to watch...

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I love the women's team. Saw the whole game yesterday and it was a sight to see. My opinion the whole year has been that Gabby Williams is the best player in the country. It is rare that I've seen a player that could play all five positions on the court, but she is one of them. She could play the point. She can guard a center.

What's your opinion on jeff beck?

Reaction Score
What's interesting is the myth that I don't go to Hartford. In the last month, I was within 3 blocks of the shooting I just linked on three separate occasions. I just call it like I see it in that it's not a great place and it's not safe.

Do you mean that you were within 3 blocks of a shooting that happened this month and not the time of the shooting?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You know, I wanted to use a different name but decided to go pg, thought I made that up.. Doh

Outside of offending one particular species of duck, I think you're good.

Reaction Score

Next year she will be the best in the country for sure. Still has a couple more things to polish.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
What's your opinion on jeff beck?

Always was aware of Beck but it was Stevie Wonder"s Music of My Mind that got me to pay more attention.
His playing on one song was the only thing on the album that wasn"t Stevie.
Love them both. That was a great break away from the Motown mold for Wonder.

Reaction Score
Huh? My point is not learning per se, it's the fact their offenses will never look as good as the women do in some of these games it's impossible. Totally different world. You will some who can run their offense smoothly for a while but not for 40 minutes like Geno's girls. Not happening different game.
You mean, like Pete Carril's offense at Princeton? I'm not buying that it's "impossible". It's certainly more difficult due to the strength, speed, and atheltic ability on the men's side, but it's hardly "impossible"

Reaction Score
You mean, like Pete Carril's offense at Princeton? I'm not buying that it's "impossible". It's certainly more difficult due to the strength, speed, and atheltic ability on the men's side, but it's hardly "impossible"

Ok impossible is exaggerated but Pete Carrill was a while ago, and the kids just aren't taught the game in development age. Different world, I see what you're saying but I will say it's less probable these days both for reasons mentioned and the athletic abilities on the defensive end.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Ok impossible is exaggerated but Pete Carrill was a while ago, and the kids just aren't taught the game in development age. Different world, I see what you're saying but I will say it's less probable these days both for reasons mentioned and the athletic abilities on the defensive end.

Everything looks slow in the women's game but the UConn women decision making is lightning fast. They know exactly what to do and then do it accurately and without hesitation.

Reaction Score
Everything looks slow in the women's game but the UConn women decision making is lightning fast. They know exactly what to do and then do it accurately and without hesitation.

Then how come it takes women 3 hours to pick out which pair of black shoes they're going to wear?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom