OT: Kentucky Derby and Kentucky Oaks | The Boneyard

OT: Kentucky Derby and Kentucky Oaks

Reaction Score
Well the Post Positions were drawn for both races about an hour ago along with the betting odds.

In the Oaks I like Botanical and Southlawn and my longshots are Dorth Vader and Defining Purpose.

In the Derby I like the favorite Forte. Also Kings Barnes and Verifying. My longshots are Reincarnate Jace's Road.

I will be going to Foxwoods for Derby Day along with my son. We have a great time all day with a buffet, however you need to place $50.00 worth of bets to get the buffet.
What say you?

Reaction Score
I can't believe the race is upon us. This is the first year in a long time that I have not watched any Derby prep races.

I'll download the pp's and watch a few races in YouTube. I follow the guys from Horse Racing Nation and Daily Racing Form on YouTube.

Unfortunately don't have so much free time to do some good analysis. The Bloodhorse website and twinspires are also good sources

Reaction Score
I can't believe the race is upon us. This is the first year in a long time that I have not watched any Derby prep races.

I'll download the pp's and watch a few races in YouTube. I follow the guys from Horse Racing Nation and Daily Racing Form on YouTube.

Unfortunately don't have so much free time to do some good analysis. The Bloodhorse website and twinspires are also good sources

The pp's come out Wednesday or Thursday which I'll print and bring with me to Foxwoods, but when I do that's when I do my deep dive into the past performances. I also watch Horse Racing Nation, but the guys on Horse Center do a really nice job breaking down the derby. They give there wagers which I take with a grain of salt but one year I made some bets based on their picks and won some money.

Reaction Score
The pp's come out Wednesday or Thursday which I'll print and bring with me to Foxwoods, but when I do that's when I do my deep dive into the past performances. I also watch Horse Racing Nation, but the guys on Horse Center do a really nice job breaking down the derby. They give there wagers which I take with a grain of salt but one year I made some bets based on their picks and won some money.

I'll spend a few bucks on the Brisnet Derby betting guide, it's worth it. I sometimes go with the 3 star picks and pick multiple races based off of those. They don't always hit, but the online odds are not always aligned with the guide, so you can put bets in early before odds are updated.

It's hit or miss, but I've made some nice small gains there.

Reaction Score
I'll spend a few bucks on the Brisnet Derby betting guide, it's worth it. I sometimes go with the 3 star picks and pick multiple races based off of those. They don't always hit, but the online odds are not always aligned with the guide, so you can put bets in early before odds are updated.

It's hit or miss, but I've made some nice small gains there.
Sloppy track will change everything, know your wet track breeding

Reaction Score
Japanese horse Continuar is now scratched. If, and its a big if, Forte scratches, the Derby really becomes wide open.

Reaction Score
So I am reading that 7 horses died during the Kentucky Derby events. I'm not a horse race guy, never really got into it. I do love animals and something seems very wrong when horses die because they are being bred for racing. Do horse racing fans love horses or just gambling? I can't see how people who like horses would accept this part of horse racing.

Reaction Score
Just gambling. The horses are bred to race and come from generations of horses like them. And of all the races worldwide every day and week the number that die are nothing of concern.

You watch football? The damage to an average players brain is way more a health issue than horse deaths. But you sit down with wings and a beer and love it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom