OT- Jim Boeheim Hits And Kills Man | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT- Jim Boeheim Hits And Kills Man

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Yes we do: Was he driving while picking his nose?

Thank you for taking one for the team with that so the rest of us didn't have to post it.

Truly feel bad horrible for the victim's family & friends and the Boeheims. But I'd be lying if I said there wasn't an immediate urge to go for a cheap laugh.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
More details...
The story states that a previous crash had led to a passenger in that car — 51-year old Syracuse resident Jorge Jimenez — exiting onto the freeway. Jimenez was then struck by Boeheim’s car shortly thereafter. Boeheim recorded a BAC of 0.00 at the scene.
  • Boeheim swerved to avoid the disabled vehicle and hit Jimenez, who was transported to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead (autopsy will determine exact cause of death)
  • As the BAC of 0.00 indicates, alcohol has been ruled out and Boeheim was fully cooperative with police
  • Boeheim will not be charged at this time

Read a little on the 'cuse board. One poster says that the spot where the accident happened would be where JB would have gotten on the highway and that there is a blind curve there. So it sounds like JB entered went around the curve and then saw the car, tried to avoid it and hit Jimenez. If that is the case, it seems like it was unavoidable.

Really tragic for all involved.

more...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As a college kid I painted signs on the NYS thruway on a scaffold one summer. My knees have just stopped shaking.

Reaction Score
That’s horrible. We love to pick on and make fun of the guy, but I would never wish the burden of grief he’s going to have for the rest of his life on anyone.

Reaction Score
I was driving home in a blizzard a couple weeks ago at around midnight, could barely see past my front bumper, almost hit some idiot walking down the middle of the road, he had ditched his car. Scared the shart out of me.

Reaction Score
Some guy wearing all black was riding his bike on the shoulder over a bridge last night, no lights on the bridge. Looked back and saw the car behind me swerve to avoid him. It was tight. People do crazy things.

I say this as I attended the funeral of my friend's Dad in Virginia 3 weeks ago, hit and run during the daytime. Someone tried to pass a car that slowed down as the Dad walked across the road in the crosswalk. The pickup didn't see him crossing, it went around the slowing vehicle, plowed into him, stopped, and then sped away. He died minutes later. The police never found him despite eyewitness descriptions.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Sounds like the car was in the middle of the road after an accident. Guy who got out was probably distracted and not thinking about other cars.

I see people standing in harm’s way all the time on my commute, especially these times when potholes are blowing tires out left and right - their first instinct is to check the damage. They don’t think about how fast cars close on them at 70 mph.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Wow. I was visiting my son and family near Cuse from the weekend through yesterday, was on that same highway the day before. My grandson was excited that the Orange beat LVille last night. Boeheim probably on the way home from the Dome. And just about everyone in the area is a Cuse fan, so it would be unusal if the victim wasn't. Terrible.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Things you don’t want to read in the headlines on social media. “(Your team’s coach) is now cooperating with police”.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Very sad indeed. My thoughts are with the victim's family. Terrible news

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
Sounds like a really unfortunate accident that could happen to anyone driving late at night. Terrible.

Reaction Score
022119-690accidentjpg

Syracuse Basketball Coach Boeheim the Driver in Fatal Pedestrian Crash

image of the crash site. i heard about it on wfan this morning. sad, shocking news.

Reaction Score
When I see the thread title, I keep thinking.....

Boeheimian Rhapsody

Boeheim.......just killed a man.
Didn't see him up ahead.....hit the gas and now he's dead.......

I know. I'm going to hell and I'm fine with it.

Reaction Score
Sounds like the car was in the middle of the road after an accident. Guy who got out was probably distracted and not thinking about other cars.

I see people standing in harm’s way all the time on my commute, especially these times when potholes are blowing tires out left and right - their first instinct is to check the damage. They don’t think about how fast cars close on them at 70 mph.

To put it in another perspective, to convert MPH to Ft/sec, multiply MPH X 1.5. Not exact conversion, but close enough.

e.g. 60 MPH = 90 ft/sec.

Imagine running from home plate to 1st base in one second!

Reaction Score
I'm just a poor boy, Bernie Fine touched me....
HE'S JUST A POOR BOY, BERNIE FINE TOUCHED HIM!

Reaction Score
Based on that picture and all accounts, it appears this was a very, very tragic accident where no one was at fault.

Reaction Score
Wow. I was visiting my son and family near Cuse from the weekend through yesterday, was on that same highway the day before. My grandson was excited that the Orange beat LVille last night. Boeheim probably on the way home from the Dome. And just about everyone in the area is a Cuse fan, so it would be unusal if the victim wasn't. Terrible.

690 is one of those very old poorly designed highways that is a nightmare for the unfamiliar.

I wonder what it would feel like to be from, say, Oak Ridge Tennessee, and find yourself driving on the BQE one day. I bet they'd choose to rather drive on an unpaved mountain pass without a guardrail, the road wide enough for 1 1/2 cars.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
690 is one of those very old poorly designed highways that is a nightmare for the unfamiliar.

I wonder what it would feel like to be from, say, Oak Ridge Tennessee, and find yourself driving on the BQE one day. I bet they'd choose to rather drive on an unpaved mountain pass without a guardrail, the road wide enough for 1 1/2 cars.

The merges in some of the intersections of 690, 81 and 481 I’m still getting used to despite many trips to the area.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
When I see the thread title, I keep thinking.....

Boeheimian Rhapsody

Boeheim..just killed a man.
Didn't see him up ahead.....hit the gas and now he's dead..

I know. I'm going to hell and I'm fine with it.
Thought about the song as well but decided not to run with it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom