OT Jackie BradleyJr | Page 16 | The Boneyard

OT Jackie BradleyJr

Reaction Score
Fair enough I'm certainly pointing at the obvious but do know it's a generalization for the most part. But sorry, I won't say its equal because with the Pats and Sox since 2000 or so it's the majority of fans who are insufferable. That may be because most of them were not part of this mystical Nation until the actually won something and I do believe this to be true.

No matter there's plenty everywhere for all teams. I'm not a "NY" Yankee fan but a CT one so I had so many friends growing up who were the opposite it was actually fun. Part of that was when were were growing up they both sucked LOL. We all kind of were elated to have any kind of success even if it were to stay in the race until the last month.

I think some of it is Boston is jealous about NY, despite the difference in sucktitude in NY sports and success in Boston sports. Beating the Yankees and chanting Yankees suck is fine, constantly talking about the Yankees during the world series or after you won a title is just dumb, I dont even get mad about it I just feel sorry that fans have to think of the Yankees instead of celebrating their teams success so its on them. How about fans chanting Yankees suck at a teams Super Bowl parade so I say hey your just giving the Yankees more power. I dont need to wear a shirt that says this team sucks and chant their name to enjoy my teams success when it happens.

NY fans are obnoxious and Boston fans are bitter. The difference is NY fans admit it while Boston fans will dance around the fact that they are bitter. A lot of the bitter Boston fans are from Boston or the neighboring towns around it. Kind of goes with the city New Yorkers are rude and obnoxious and Boston is bitter and despite the their teams success they are still bitter.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
When Lucchino--a miserable snow of a man--said that, it was the bleating of a bitter guy who kept getting beat on the trail by better executives. People ran with it after that for a variety of reasons though.

In the general sense, the Yanks were the Evil Empire because they won so goshdarn often. For most it wasn't about about the money. It was like Geno calling the Lady Vols the Evil Empire when UCONN was coming up in the game. Evil Empire is a good euphemism for the team that wins all the time. In the NFL, that's the Patriots. NBA right now it's the Warriors.

Plus, in MLB, there was the George Steinbrenner factor. And there's no argument that that guy was a lightening rod. Made for the perfect Emperor.
Nah, it was mostly about the ungodly amount of money they were spending. Still, it was always a tongue in cheek recognition of Steinbrenner had built.

CL82

Reaction Score
I think some of it is Boston is jealous about NY, despite the difference in sucktitude in NY sports and success in Boston sports. Beating the Yankees and chanting Yankees suck is fine, constantly talking about the Yankees during the world series or after you won a title is just dumb, I dont even get mad about it I just feel sorry that fans have to think of the Yankees instead of celebrating their teams success so its on them. How about fans chanting Yankees suck at a teams Super Bowl parade so I say hey your just giving the Yankees more power. I dont need to wear a shirt that says this team sucks and chant their name to enjoy my teams success when it happens.

NY fans are obnoxious and Boston fans are bitter. The difference is NY fans admit it while Boston fans will dance around the fact that they are bitter. A lot of the bitter Boston fans are from Boston or the neighboring towns around it. Kind of goes with the city New Yorkers are rude and obnoxious and Boston is bitter and despite the their teams success they are still bitter.
Dude, Red Sox fans are anything but bitter. We are in the WS, and have had an outstanding run since 2004.

Yankee fans on the other hand seem bitter to me. I get it though. They had a great season, and had success versus the Sox and still got manhandled ALDS. I'm sure it stings looking up at the Red Sox for fans that saw the Yanks beat them year after year.

It's all good. Yanks will have a shot at the Sox next year. For now Sox fans are waiting to see who our competition will be in the WS.

Reaction Score
Dude, Red Sox fans are anything but bitter. We are in the WS, and have had an outstanding run since 2004.

Yankee fans on the other hand seem bitter to me. I get it though. They had a great season, and had success versus the Sox and still got manhandled ALDS. I'm sure it stings looking up at the Red Sox for fans that saw the Yanks beat them year after year.

It's all good. Yanks will have a shot at the Sox next year. For now Sox fans are waiting to see who our competition will be in the WS.

I think the city in Boston in general has a lot of bitterness to it, I'm not saying your bitter, of course if I had to drive around the big dig all of those years and around all those curvy roads, I would be bitter too. I do think Yankee fans are a little mad because they think they should be better then the Sox thats where the arrogance comes in and I would be lying if I said I wasnt jealous of the Sox and Bostons recent success. Both are great franchises, the Sox were a successful franchise before 2004 too was only a matter of time before they were gonna start winning some titles. The rivalry should be very good for years to come.

Reaction Score
Yeah, right. One Yank fan gave me his take on what it was like to be a Sox fan. “You guys all have big piss hard-ons. You never get off and you’re never gonna get off!” My take was that Yank fans got more enjoyment lording over Sox fans than they got from the team winning titles. Now that they are the losers, any hint of Yankee shade from Sox fans gives Yankee fans like mau the vapors. And what the hell are you doing on a Sox-Astro thread with your nonsense if you’re not obsessed with the Sox?

You’re such a sucka** when it comes to the Sox it’s incredible. You make up as you go along you’re actually a real dope to try to have a back and forth with. Yeah I’m obsessed right lol keep ranting your crap your the guy who ruins the rest of the fans. Please send me a pic of you with your pink had, the old pink arm Ellsbury arm band standing next to your pickup truck with the sticker of the kid pissing or crapping on the Yankee hat. That is YOU.

I’m also the guy who congratulated all the Sox fans (not you for sure) who just are fine being fans, on the Pro sports site. I mean it for most but the ones like you are idiots,

Reaction Score

Lol

CL82

Reaction Score
if I had to drive around the big dig all of those years and around all those curvy roads, I would be bitter too.
Haha, nice!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You’re such a sucka** when it comes to the Sox it’s incredible. You make up as you go along...
Nah, I've been totally consistent for decades. You're trying to make the case that Yankee fans were anything approaching class pre-2004 is literally laughable. As is your wanting a cookie for "congratulating Sox fans". But don't stop melting down on my account. It's a great way to kill time while waiting for Akok's decision.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Jealous how? I'm willing to bet 95% of Boston residents would not live in NYC if given the choice. Boston ain't perfect by any measure, but let's face it, NYC's a shitehole. Good to visit and experience some culture, but to live full time? Nah thanks I'm good

And hating on your opposition is one of the BEST things about sports. Without hated enemies it's boring. Celebrating in a vacuum blows.

Everytime UCONN wins a championship, one of my first thoughts is 'suck it Syracuse'... And it gives me immense pleasure everytime

Reaction Score
Lol c’mon you know that’s not true! You guys hate the Red Sox and we hate the Yankees (probably more than you hate us, that is true historically at least).

But, don’t pretend like it’s not a rivalry. I grew up outside of Hartford, every morning on the bus was war waged by both sides.

"We don't think about the Red Sox" has been the go-to line for Yankee fans for 20 years, precisely because they think it actually hits home. It doesn't.

Reaction Score
I think the city in Boston in general has a lot of bitterness to it, I'm not saying your bitter, of course if I had to drive around the big dig all of those years and around all those curvy roads, I would be bitter too. I do think Yankee fans are a little mad because they think they should be better then the Sox thats where the arrogance comes in and I would be lying if I said I wasnt jealous of the Sox and Bostons recent success. Both are great franchises, the Sox were a successful franchise before 2004 too was only a matter of time before they were gonna start winning some titles. The rivalry should be very good for years to come.

I agree with everything but the bitterness part. The city of Boston is in good shape right now with happiness and morale.

I couldn’t care less about this thread argument. Both teams are incredible and rich in itheir own history. I did just like that Papi called Arod a prettyboy on the pregame show though.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I think the city in Boston in general has a lot of bitterness to it, I'm not saying your bitter, of course if I had to drive around the big dig all of those years and around all those curvy roads, I would be bitter too.

I'm on board with this bitterness. Driving in boston blows huge gnarly chunks. Right in your face.

Reaction Score
Well mlb got the marquee world series matchup it was hoping for

Should be a great series. Can't wait

Reaction Score
See hilarious yet again. It wasn't a weak jab when they Yanks were the highest but now it is when we discuss the Sox? LOL Remember for a few years you have been spending more than the Yanks who even with the economy have pretty much decreased theirs for a long time now, watching it closely. The Sox have been building the number for a while and hence bringing in real nice pieces the likes of the A's, Royals, Twins and others can't afford. Add to it they have made smarter moves which you should be proud of. And in case you didn't know when the Yanks payroll was at it's highest because they were paying some pretty damn good homegrown talent some big dollars to stay home, some of those future HOFers of which you can't say for now. So if any argument was weak it was that of when we were paying Jeter, Mariano, Bernie, Pettite, Posada to keep the pinstripes on, most of whom would've demanded huge dollars to move on as FA's. So all in all you're wrong!
Correction, for one year, 2018, the Red Sox outspent the Yankees. In 2017 both teams had almost identical starting payrolls ($196m vs $197m) and the Yankees year end payroll was dramatically higher ($224m vs $191m) because of in-season acquisitions. At no point in the prior twelve years did the Red Sox come close to the Yankees. This is the first year the Red Sox have exceeded $200m, a figure the Yankees exceeded way back in 2005. While the Yankees and then the Dodgers set records many times over the last 20 years, the Red Sox have never held the record for highest payroll (currently held by the Dodgers at more than $270m in 2015). Sorry to bring a few facts to your absurd rant.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Correction, for one year, 2018, the Red Sox outspent the Yankees. In 2017 both teams had almost identical starting payrolls ($196m vs $197m) and the Yankees year end payroll was dramatically higher ($224m vs $191m) because of in-season acquisitions. At no point in the prior twelve years did the Red Sox come close to the Yankees. This is the first year the Red Sox have exceeded $200m, a figure the Yankees exceeded way back in 2005. While the Yankees and then the Dodgers set records many times over the last 20 years, the Red Sox have never held the record for highest payroll (currently held by the Dodgers at more than $270m in 2015). Sorry to bring a few facts to your absurd rant.

Interesting read from 2016. Apparently, LAD's ownership of their network shields their TV revenue from revenue sharing (!). That makes NYY sale of stake in YES perplexing to fully understand (given they've been griping about said revenue sharing in recent years).

At any rate, market size certainly correlates with ability to spend. Can't argue that.

Reaction Score
Interesting read from 2016. Apparently, LAD's ownership of their network shields their TV revenue from revenue sharing (!). That makes NYY sale of stake in YES perplexing to fully understand (given they've been griping about said revenue sharing in recent years).

At any rate, market size certainly correlates with ability to spend. Can't argue that.
Absolutely. Both franchises are lucky to be in big markets with passionate fan bases and owners willing to spend. Traditionally (I.e. before this year), the Yankees, being the most popular team in the most populous market, spent more. What that allows both teams todo is taking chances and make mistakes. Sometimes those are absolute disasters of the Carl Pavano or Pablo Sandoval level. Often they are just overpays for good players such as Mark Texeira or Dausuke Matsuzaka. In either case there are resources to move on after a mistake while Kansas City or Tampa would be hogtied by such contracts - not making major investments in new players until the contracts expired.

Reaction Score

Only absurd thing mentioned is it’s a weak jab at the Sox. Nothing you said changed that with as much as you spend. There’s nothing wrong with spending mind you but you get no pass from the jabs just like the Yanks and Dodgers from the past. That is a fact.

Reaction Score
Payroll talk is so boring. Since we have to with those stupid NL rules out in LA who sits? Mookie at 2nd maybe?

Reaction Score
Only absurd thing mentioned is it’s a weak jab at the Sox. Nothing you said changed that with as much as you spend. There’s nothing wrong with spending mind you but you get no pass from the jabs just like the Yanks and Dodgers from the past. That is a fact.
Pretty funny. After leading the Sox in payroll for 30+ years, generally by tens of millions of dollars, suddenly Yankee fans make a big deal of the Sox leading in one. That’s especially the case when the Sox are ahead primarily because the Yankees and Dodgers pulled back for one year to reset the luxury tax. The Yankees will be the “Evil Empire” as long as their fans are calling into sports talk assuming they can sign any free agent by outbidding the competition and are furious if they don’t get their guy. “The boss would never let him get away.” “Should we get Machado or Harper or both.” If the Red Sox establish a 4-1 WS lead since Derek Jeter was appointed captain let’s see what the Yankees do with payroll.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Eh. Bit of an overstatement across the board.

You think? I've never met one nontransient Bostonian who would prefer NYC. I've spent 3 months there and it's bloody miserable long term. If you like anything outdoors, you might as well shoot yourself.

They talk about great public transpor, but the subway is one of the grossest places ever. Only public transport on earth where you might see a buck naked strung out crackhead flicking her bean in tbe middle of the aisle.

It's a dirty city too.

Housing sucks.. Etc etc

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
You think? I've never met one nontransient Bostonian who would prefer NYC. I've spent 3 months there and it's bloody miserable long term. If you like anything outdoors, you might as well shoot yourself.

They talk about great public transpor, but the subway is one of the grossest places ever. Only public transport on earth where you might see a buck naked strung out crackhead flicking her bean in tbe middle of the aisle.

It's a dirty city too.

Housing sucks.. Etc etc

This is not at all congruous with the 4+ years I spent there...

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Yeah, right. One Yank fan gave me his take on what it was like to be a Sox fan. “You guys all have big piss hard-ons. You never get off and you’re never gonna get off!” My take was that Yank fans got more enjoyment lording over Sox fans than they got from the team winning titles. Now that they are the losers, any hint of Yankee shade from Sox fans gives Yankee fans like mau the vapors. And what the hell are you doing on a Sox-Astro thread with your nonsense if you’re not obsessed with the Sox?

There was nothing Yankee fans loved more -- and Sox fans hated more -- than the "1918" chants. I don't think it's the case for all, or even most, but for many Yankee fans I think they'd have done anything to keep the "Curse" going. Including foregoing future titles.

I disagree with what SJ said about the rivalry previously being like Celtics/Knicks. It wasn't like that at all. Both sides had skin in the game. Yankee fans were so invested in the Sox never winning and the pressure on the Sox was even bigger. It's still a great rivalry but, IMO, the intensity isn't the same. I'm happy to have traded that decrease in intensity for 3 (hopefully 4) titles in my lifetime. I wasn't sure I'd ever see one. (I thought I would. But after the 2003 ALCS, I had my doubts.)

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

It's a dirty city too.

Housing sucks.. Etc etc

NYC might not be for you but this is a laughably ridiculous take.

What, you went once in the 80s and some homeless guy touched you and you're now scarred for life?

I ride the subway every day. Not sure what you're talking about. Maybe you watched The Warriors and confused that with an actual experience?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom