OT Jackie BradleyJr | Page 15 | The Boneyard

OT Jackie BradleyJr

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Larry Lucchino is not longer with the Boston Red Sox.

Reaction Score
My takeaway from the above is that the Sox-Yanks rivalry isn't much of a rivalry according to sj. After all, the Sox have won 3 straight division titles and the Yanks have only beat the Sox once in the last 8 postseason games.
You just admitted you can't read, well done.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You seem like a level-headed guy, So I know you see the hypocrisy. The bulk of the Yankees dynasty was homegrown but because they had the highest payroll, Red Sox management called them the evil empire. The Red Sox bulk of it's team is homegrown and they have the highest payroll and crickets. I've never cared about the money but call it straight. The hypocrisy is something else.

Funny thing is I'm glad the Red Sox have won some titles, obviously I didn't like the amazing comeback/choke in 2004 but it wasn't much of a rivalry before. It was like Cards/Cubs or Celts/Knicks up until then. Close to half of my friends are Sox fans and was genuinely happy for them. Red Sox have the upper hand in recent history and Yankees have to get better to reverse that, it's now a rivalry. I just always hated the little sister's of the poor narrative because it was so far from being accurate.

When Lucchino--a miserable snow of a man--said that, it was the bleating of a bitter guy who kept getting beat on the trail by better executives. People ran with it after that for a variety of reasons though.

In the general sense, the Yanks were the Evil Empire because they won so goshdarn often. For most it wasn't about about the money. It was like Geno calling the Lady Vols the Evil Empire when UCONN was coming up in the game. Evil Empire is a good euphemism for the team that wins all the time. In the NFL, that's the Patriots. NBA right now it's the Warriors.

Plus, in MLB, there was the George Steinbrenner factor. And there's no argument that that guy was a lightening rod. Made for the perfect Emperor.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
While I'd love to have Machado at third as a player, guy is such a tool and easy to dislike.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Don't knock one of the truly great moments in Yard history. Still can't believe we got world class gifs of the action post story telling.

What was that, 2-3 years ago? What has Ern done for us lately?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
What was that, 2-3 years ago? What has Ern done for us lately?

A man can ride one great moment for eternity.

David tyree will not pay for a non-Jets-fan meal in NYC for the rest of his days.

Reaction Score
Watching Yankees fans slow decent into madness has been so much fun.

They simply can’t wrap their heads around the fact that they are little brother now.

See this is the crap you idiots spew. Since baseball actually started in 2004 your fans are the biggest idiots in all of baseball. Can’t win without pointing and talking about the Yankees. You wonder why it’s so hard to congratulate you guys but you, Waq and a couple others just can’t act like you’ve been there. It’s kind of funny yet sad at the same time how you loathe in the “Yankee fans tears” (as if they even exist) rather than the team you just beat. Wow superjohn just save your keypad their not worth your time.

Reaction Score
See this is the crap you idiots spew. Since baseball actually started in 2004 your fans are the biggest idiots in all of baseball. Can’t win without pointing and talking about the Yankees. You wonder why it’s so hard to congratulate you guys but you, Waq and a couple others just can’t act like you’ve been there. It’s kind of funny yet sad
at the same time how you loathe in the
“Yankee fans tears” (as if they even exist) rather than the team you just beat. Wow superjohn just save your keypad their not worth your time.

Yessss that’s the good stuff Mau, thank you!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The new reality started in 2007. That's when Yankee fans realized it wasn't going to be another 86 years and stopped engaging. Instead they retreated into a shell only to pop out once in awhile to cry about mean Sox fans, pretending they weren't the insufferable for decades.

Reaction Score
The new reality started in 2007. That's when Yankee fans realized it wasn't going to be another 86 years and stopped engaging. Instead they retreated into a shell only to pop out once in awhile to cry about mean Sox fans, pretending they weren't the insufferable for decades.

We were only insufferable as you say because we were winning Waq and your Sox weren’t. Yankee fans as i know them from the late 70’s wins through 2000 with the many wins, the trips to the playoffs with failures in the playoffs as well, never concerned themselves with the Sox you only think we did. I mean sure with my buddies rooting against the Yanks because they were Sox fans we’d have our banter but overall we beat other teams on the way and when it was all said and done who cared about the Sox they weren’t even in the playoffs half the time. You make things up because you finally have begun to win and quite impressively I may add. But with that you are the insufferable not us. The arrogance is beyond anything you’ve made up about Yankee fans. The “new reality” is just that you’re an obnoxious fan but have at it. Everyone has their own way of celebrating. And just do you know there is no shell to hide in either we’re here just no need to answer to the crap the likes of you spew you have blinders on anyway as a Sox fan. Are you playing the Yanks in the WS? Oh no you aren’t but you’ll mention them even after the series, real weak.

Reaction Score
We were only insufferable as you say because we were winning Waq and your Sox weren’t. Yankee fans as i know them from the late 70’s wins through 2000 with the many wins, the trips to the playoffs with failures in the playoffs as well, never concerned themselves with the Sox you only think we did. I mean sure with my buddies rooting against the Yanks because they were Sox fans we’d have our banter but overall we beat other teams on the way and when it was all said and done who cared about the Sox they weren’t even in the playoffs half the time. You make things up because you finally have begun to win and quite impressively I may add. But with that you are the insufferable not us. The arrogance is beyond anything you’ve made up about Yankee fans. The “new reality” is just that you’re an obnoxious fan but have at it. Everyone has their own way of celebrating. And just do you know there is no shell to hide in either we’re here just no need to answer to the crap the likes of you spew you have blinders on anyway as a Sox fan. Are you playing the Yanks in the WS? Oh no you aren’t but you’ll mention them even after the series, real weak.

*Yankees fans don’t even think about the Red Sox*

Reaction Score
*Yankees fans don’t even think about the Red Sox*

Please Guapo they were the team to beat and they were next, this has little to do with what I am saying but heck of a try. If the Astro's were next and had a 108 wins they would have chanted we want the Astro's.

Oh I am only assuming this was recent. The 1st inning chants of "Yankees suck" at fenway could also be on here if you wish? LOL

Reaction Score
Please Guapo they were the team to beat and they were next, this has little to do with what I am saying but heck of a try. If the Astro's were next and had a 108 wins they would have chanted we want the Astro's.

Oh I am only assuming this was recent. The 1st inning chants of "Yankees suck" at fenway could also be on here if you wish? LOL

Lol c’mon you know that’s not true! You guys hate the Red Sox and we hate the Yankees (probably more than you hate us, that is true historically at least).

But, don’t pretend like it’s not a rivalry. I grew up outside of Hartford, every morning on the bus was war waged by both sides.

Reaction Score
Lol c’mon you know that’s not true! You guys hate the Red Sox and we hate the Yankees (probably more than you hate us, that is true historically at least).

But, don’t pretend like it’s not a rivalry. I grew up outside of Hartford, every morning on the bus was war waged by both sides.

It's a huge rivalry but don't pretend that when we were beating the Braves, Padres, Dodgers or anyone in the past our first thoughts were "hahah Red Sox" like it is for so many of you these days but instead "haha Yanks"......I mean to think it hurts me to see you win so that I'm in a "shell" is hilarious. We had our time but we're still pretty damn competitive year in year out so I'm a happy fan - sure I'd rather see you guys lose I'd be crazy to say otherwise but I also have respect for what this team has done this year, very impressive. Heck the run is pretty impressive for years now but a few years in between where the playoffs didn't even exist doesn't make it one of the greatest.

But to give congrats to people who need to keep chanting "2004" every time they win a series is not happening. My friends from up here where I now live in the middle of it are classier than most (not all mind you). Again no biggie but you get back what you dish out, pretty simple.

Reaction Score
The highest payroll jab at the Red Sox is really weak. The Sox payroll isn’t even close to a record. For years, the Sox chased after the Yankees and, more recently, the Dodgers, as they drove payrolls ever higher. This year both teams abdicated their thrones, leaving the top spot to the Sox at a number barely more than the Yankees five years ago and far below the Dodgers of recent years. It was a smart move for both franchises to start bringing along their in-house talent, but it doesn’t mean the Yanks and Dodgers weren’t the ones that drove payrolls to this level.

Reaction Score
The highest payroll jab at the Red Sox is really weak. The Sox payroll isn’t even close to a record. For years, the Sox chased after the Yankees and, more recently, the Dodgers, as they drove payrolls ever higher. This year both teams abdicated their thrones, leaving the top spot to the Sox at a number barely more than the Yankees five years ago and far below the Dodgers of recent years. It was a smart move for both franchises to start bringing along their in-house talent, but it doesn’t mean the Yanks and Dodgers weren’t the ones that drove payrolls to this level.

See hilarious yet again. It wasn't a weak jab when they Yanks were the highest but now it is when we discuss the Sox? LOL Remember for a few years you have been spending more than the Yanks who even with the economy have pretty much decreased theirs for a long time now, watching it closely. The Sox have been building the number for a while and hence bringing in real nice pieces the likes of the A's, Royals, Twins and others can't afford. Add to it they have made smarter moves which you should be proud of. And in case you didn't know when the Yanks payroll was at it's highest because they were paying some pretty damn good homegrown talent some big dollars to stay home, some of those future HOFers of which you can't say for now. So if any argument was weak it was that of when we were paying Jeter, Mariano, Bernie, Pettite, Posada to keep the pinstripes on, most of whom would've demanded huge dollars to move on as FA's. So all in all you're wrong!

intlzncster

Reaction Score
We were only insufferable as you say because we were winning Waq and your Sox weren’t. Yankee fans as i know them from the late 70’s wins through 2000 with the many wins, the trips to the playoffs with failures in the playoffs as well, never concerned themselves with the Sox you only think we did.\

But that's anecdotal mau. Most of the Yankees fans I knew were insufferables. The reality is, there's always a mix. Same thing with Pats fans now. There's good and bad. You focus on the bad because you're not a Pats fan (and because you happen to live in enemy territory). But you ignore the good, because, well, you wouldn't notice them anyway as they're never in your face. The bad ones stick out, the good don't.

As we know, they who win the most usually have the most odious fans. Right now Warriors fans are obnoxious as all get out. Hell, even the 'nicest/best fans in baseball' (Cards) became insufferable after a few Championships.

Reaction Score
But that's anecdotal mau. Most of the Yankees fans I knew were insufferables. The reality is, there's always a mix. Same thing with Pats fans now. There's good and bad. You focus on the bad because you're not a Pats fan (and because you happen to live in enemy territory). But you ignore the good, because, well, you wouldn't notice them anyway as they're never in your face. The bad ones stick out, the good don't.

As we know, they who win the most usually have the most odious fans. Right now Warriors fans are obnoxious as all get out. Hell, even the 'nicest/best fans in baseball' (Cards) became insufferable after a few Championships.

Fair enough I'm certainly pointing at the obvious but do know it's a generalization for the most part. But sorry, I won't say its equal because with the Pats and Sox since 2000 or so it's the majority of fans who are insufferable. That may be because most of them were not part of this mystical Nation until the actually won something and I do believe this to be true.

No matter there's plenty everywhere for all teams. I'm not a "NY" Yankee fan but a CT one so I had so many friends growing up who were the opposite it was actually fun. Part of that was when were were growing up they both sucked LOL. We all kind of were elated to have any kind of success even if it were to stay in the race until the last month.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Fair enough I'm certainly pointing at the obvious but do know it's a generalization for the most part. But sorry, I won't say its equal because with the Pats and Sox since 2000 or so it's the majority of fans who are insufferable. That may be because most of them were not part of this mystical Nation until the actually won something and I do believe this to be true.

No matter there's plenty everywhere for all teams. I'm not a "NY" Yankee fan but a CT one so I had so many friends growing up who were the opposite it was actually fun. Part of that was when were were growing up they both sucked LOL. We all kind of were elated to have any kind of success even if it were to stay in the race until the last month.

Well it's certainly not equal now, that's for sure, but that's a function of Boston sports winning so much in the past 20 years, more than any city deserves. There's guys who are 25+ years old who don't know anything but success as far as sports goes. It's wild.

Can you imagine if Dolan left and the Knicks became the next great power? In today's day and age, they'd become the ultimate bandwagon.

And don't knock the 'Yankees suck' chants. Those are great. Especially when they break out at country music concerts and things like that.

Reaction Score
Well it's certainly not equal now, that's for sure, but that's a function of Boston sports winning so much in the past 20 years, more than any city deserves. There's guys who are 25+ years old who don't know anything but success as far as sports goes. It's wild.

561FB28E-24E3-404C-830B-14D613F75846.jpeg

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We were only insufferable as you say because we were winning Waq and your Sox weren’t...

Yeah, right. One Yank fan gave me his take on what it was like to be a Sox fan. “You guys all have big piss hard-ons. You never get off and you’re never gonna get off!” My take was that Yank fans got more enjoyment lording over Sox fans than they got from the team winning titles. Now that they are the losers, any hint of Yankee shade from Sox fans gives Yankee fans like mau the vapors. And what the hell are you doing on a Sox-Astro thread with your nonsense if you’re not obsessed with the Sox?

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom