OT is Brady trying to be a hero | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT is Brady trying to be a hero

Reaction Score
Why would Brady need to go to Kraft to get Garoppolo off the Patriots? Garoppolo was leaving this summer either way.

As for the trainer, people don't even seem to realize that Brady met that guy IN the Patriots locker room, as he was the personal trainer for Patriots from the 1990s before Brady even got there.

Im just saying what I have heard from the Boston media and Colin Cowherds Brady-Belichick conspiracy, I didnt say I believed it I think most of it is garbage. Now does Brady have an ego of course he does thats what make him great.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Im just saying what I have heard from the Boston media and Colin Cowherds Brady-Belichick conspiracy, I didnt say I believed it I think most of it is garbage. Now does Brady have an ego of course he does thats what make him great.

Boston sports media is the worst. THE worst. Makes Stephen A and Kellerman look like quality analysts.

Reaction Score
Fair. No idea what else they could have done with him though. Keep him for a half a year in case Brady gets hurt?

You can either trade him for a 2nd, or hold on to him for the rest of the year. If he walks after the season, the patriots get a comp 3rd in 2019. Seems like a no brainer just to hold on to him.

Reaction Score
That’s what I would have done.
Belichick is about loyalty. Just looking at how things went, consider who he traded Garoppolo to and when. Belichick is loyal to the Shanahan family. It's also so Jimmy G can get a hefty contract. The NFC West is stacked now anyway.

I was hoping they'd trade Brady and keep Jimmy G, but Brady won out. If Brady wins #6, trading Garappolo works out fine.

Reaction Score
Oh, hell yes.

I am not one of those “you want to beat the best” yokels.

I want to beat the 16 seed in the national title game if at all possible.
Please cheer for the Eagles this weekend. Thank you. :D

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You can either trade him for a 2nd, or hold on to him for the rest of the year. If he walks after the season, the patriots get a comp 3rd in 2019. Seems like a no brainer just to hold on to him.

A little more nuanced than that.

That potential 3rd rounder is at the end of the round, so it's more like the 1st pick of the fourth round (approx #108).

At the time of the trade, San Fran was one 1-10, so you're thinking a top 5 pick*. That would effectively get you a pick at the start of the 2nd round. That's a two round difference. Pick 35 or so vs Pick 108. Which is huge. That's leaving aside the fact that the comp pick is a year later, which drops it's value even further.

Additionally, the vagaries of the compensatory formula comes into play, depending on who leaves the team, and who signs with the team. eg You could potentially lose out on a pick at the back end. Hard to say how it would all shake out.

*San Fran went on a run so the pick got worse in value

Reaction Score

For sure those people put out stories, but even basic questions poke holes in them. The 2 QBs could not be on the Patriots next year, and Brady's contract makes him uncuttable and untradeable, which is why Belichick scoffed when the 49ers asked for Brady.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
He's already got GOAT wrapped up. Everything else is just gravy.

Except when he plays against Eli Manning in the Super Bowl. ;)

Reaction Score
Objectively, who's better?

Best QB now I have no doubt. The only thing about the QBs now is they are untouchable and treated like queens, the old timers weren't that fortunate. Having said that he still takes his hits and keeps ticking he's great he really is.

Jim Brown only from what I've read and heard has to be in the conversation. LT gave people more fits about preparing for him as an individual than anyone since I've watched the game. I'm sure others have thoughts but as Tom continues his success into an age which is beyond impressive that list of others will shrink but there will always be that Belechick assistance/system to me for him to be THE guy.

pj

Reaction Score
You can't cut the head coach any slack for recruiting this injury-prone star. The head coach is responsible for his players.

Oops, sorry. Wrong thread.

Reaction Score
Wearing the gloves during practice and interviews does not make Tom a hero. Now if he gets into bed with Gisele with them on......

Reaction Score
I think the key to the game is the Pats offensive line. If they can protect Brady well, I feel good about the Pats chances.

Also, Brady is the best football player of all time in my opinion. He has won 5 Super Bowls and been MVP in 4 of them. He is a 13 time Pro Bowl selection, and has led the league in touchdowns 4 times and is a two time league MVP. His record of 26-9 in the post season is also the highest win total for a QB. To put those 26 postseason wins in perspective, Joe Montana is second with 16, and Brady has more than Terry Bradshaw and Troy Aikman COMBINED. I just don't see anyone else with a total body of work that is that impressive.

Plenty of other great players out there like Jim Brown, Jerry Rice, LT x2..., but none who have accomplished as much as a man named Brady.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Except when he plays against Eli Manning in the Super Bowl. ;)

In one he was sucky, and in the other he broke the NFL record for consecutive completions, 21 straight.

Reaction Score
I think the key to the game is the Pats offensive line. If they can protect Brady well, I feel good about the Pats chances.

The key for me is stopping the Jaguars running game.

That will keep Brady and the Patriots off the field.

They will get yards in the passing game even with Bortles, but not as much time comes off the clock when you're passing the ball in bigger chunks.

Eventually Bortles will throw a pick.

But if the Jaguars are running the ball well and chewing clock, then it gets very dicey for the Patriots.

Pats DL vs. Jags OL is the game for me.

Reaction Score
Best QB now I have no doubt. The only thing about the QBs now is they are untouchable and treated like queens, the old timers weren't that fortunate. Having said that he still takes his hits and keeps ticking he's great he really is.

Jim Brown only from what I've read and heard has to be in the conversation. LT gave people more fits about preparing for him as an individual than anyone since I've watched the game. I'm sure others have thoughts but as Tom continues his success into an age which is beyond impressive that list of others will shrink but there will always be that Belechick assistance/system to me for him to be THE guy.

Wasn't Belichick Taylor's system coach? LOL.

The thing about this system is, they've been at it 17 years already and been to the championship game 12 times. You would think someone else would try this system at some point!!!

Reaction Score
The amount of winning this guy does is unbelievable. 7 straight championship games? 12 overall in his 16 seasons? Ridiculous. He makes it to this game 75% of the time.

Well, sure he does. The patty cake AFC east gives them an advantage towards a bye week and two home games to get to the Super Bowl. Of those 7 straight AFCC games, how many did they not get a bye and how many were played on the road?

Reaction Score
Well, sure he does. The patty cake AFC east gives them an advantage towards a bye week and two home games to get to the Super Bowl. Of those 7 straight AFCC games, how many did they not get a bye and how many were played on the road?

Uh-huh. Yet the stats prove you wrong. Not only does the AFC East finish higher in the division rankings, but the Patriots have a better record against the rest of the NFL than they do the AFC East during the Brady era! This team regularly wins 75% of its games. It averages 1 or 2 losses a year to the AFCE, which is worse than what it does against the rest of the league.

As for being on the road, best record gets you home games and byes, that's what being great during the regular season gets you. But they went on the road twice for the AFCE to Pittsburgh, and they won it both times.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I agree. I don't think it's a great match up at all. I think the Pats will shut down the run for the most part, and Blake will have to beat them on a few plays. But it seems to me that he's been able to do that over the course of the year. At times.

The Jags are weird. Some days they look unbeatable, and then others it's like, what?

The key for the Pats is going to be Deion Lewis, James White, and Rex Burkhead. Those short/intermediate plays out of the backfield might very well dictate the tenor of this game. It's going to be impossible to go outside. Middle of the field and screens/draws are it.

This is one of those games I feel like it should be really low scoring. That means it'll probably be 42-35.

Jags were the only team in the AFC I didn’t want to see. Great defense, good running game and a very mobile QB. People can knock Bortles but he is playing well and can kill you with his legs. Best yards per rush at QB since Vick I believe. Given the horrible LB situation for the Pats I’d rather face a thrower than a runner at QB.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You mean like what they did with Brady in case Bledsoe got hurt?

Brady was the 3rd stringer before the year Bledsoe got hurt. He only first moved to second string that summer. He certainly wasn’t in demand and nobody would have traded for him.

Reaction Score
Jags were the only team in the AFC I didn’t want to see. Great defense, good running game and a very mobile QB. People can knock Bortles but he is playing well and can kill you with his legs. Best yards per rush at QB since Vick I believe. Given the horrible LB situation for the Pats I’d rather face a thrower than a runner at QB.

Mariota is just as good on the run.

Reaction Score
Brady was the 3rd stringer before the year Bledsoe got hurt. He only first moved to second string that summer. He certainly wasn’t in demand and nobody would have traded for him.

4th string! They had Michael Bishop at 3rd.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom