OT - Inaugurable Big East Lax Championship 2012 | The Boneyard

OT - Inaugurable Big East Lax Championship 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Final four style tournament (for now) held next weekend at Villanova for men - held in Syracuse this year for women. Enjoy it cuse - first and probably last time.

more info:

bigeast.com

bigeastlacrosse.com

Reaction Score
Inarguable?

No, inarguable would be a definition for me I guess. Inauguarable isn't a real word. Inaugural is what it's supposed to be, but I' don't have the juice around here to be editing titles once they're up.

Lacrosse was a club sport for men when I was on campus.I think it still is - women are varsity in lacrosse at Uconn.

I had a guy in my dorm on campus that played and would come back from practices/games with his legs cut and bleeding lke somebody had been doing medieval torture on the guy. I don't know where they played then, looked like they played in a parking lot or something by the looks of his legs whenever he came back. Much respect for lacrosse players.

Reaction Score
thread titles can't be changed. you're shame is stuck there for all to see....forever!!!

Reaction Score
thread titles can't be changed. you're shame is stuck there for all to see....forever!!!

Toparaphrase and steal a line from a cheesy Mel Gibson movie, there's always somebody that can get it done. You go high enough, and there's always somebody. If the thread title is to be changed, somebody can do it. It's just a matter of getting to them. I said please and thank you. We'll see if my internet chat board literacy snafu is to live in infamy. :)

Reaction Score
No, inarguable would be a definition for me I guess. Inauguarable isn't a real word. Inaugural is what it's supposed to be, but I' don't have the juice around here to be editing titles once they're up.

Lacrosse was a club sport for men when I was on campus.I think it still is - women are varsity in lacrosse at Uconn.

I had a guy in my dorm on campus that played and would come back from practices/games with his legs cut and bleeding lke somebody had been doing medieval torture on the guy. I don't know where they played then, looked like they played in a parking lot or something by the looks of his legs whenever he came back. Much respect for lacrosse players.

I know what you meant. Just busting your stones.

When were you at UConn?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Inaugurable adj - Unable to penetrate using an auger bit drill.

Reaction Score
I know what you meant. Just busting your stones.

When were you at UConn?

A couple weeks ago, last time I was physically there, won't be back until June. But I'm there all the time really, at least so they tell me because they've got a brick somewhere with my name on it.

Reaction Score
A couple weeks ago, last time I was physically there, won't be back until June. But I'm there all the time really, at least so they tell me because they've got a brick somewhere with my name on it.

I guess I deserved that.

Reaction Score
I guess I deserved that.

Ha! Yeah I think so.

When I was a freshman, there were still dorms on campus that were either all male or all female and they were great places to go hang out and meet w/ the opposite sex for fun....dining was family style sit down meals with food coming out from the kitchens, carried by "waiters" who were actually rotating dorm residents, food on large plates /bowls to be passed around the tables.....Gampel Pavilion didn't exist. I was enrolled as as student on campus when Gampel Pavilion was underconstruction and was in the student section when Calhoun's huskies took on St. John's in the first game in Gampel. For the record, the 1986 recruiting class (of which I was not part of) I went somewhere else first..... has the all-time 5 year winning percentage record at UConn and has two conference titles. 2007 has two conference titles and is just behind in winning percentage. 1994 ranks third all time in 5 year winning percentage, has only one conference title, BUT owns the only 10 win season all time.

THe 100+ year history of UConn football doesn't have a storied winning tradition - were something like 30 games under .500 all time...but since 1980 - UConn is winner in football, at whatever level we've played and against whomever we've played.

I expect it to continue.

I read somewhere recently that Blidi said that one 2012 year's goals is to be the first team to win the big east title outright.

I love that goal, and will be rooting like hell for it.

As for lacrosse - i think that a big east championship in lacrosse is fantastic, and would love to see such an event held at Rentschler field.

Reaction Score
DOn't know who that is. For real. What's that mean?

Really creepy guy. Math, engineering, physics....pretty sure he had multiple majors. Very smart, but the kind of person that, if you saw him near a playground....you're definately calling the cops.

I don't know when Matt was a student, but he was prevalent in the 90's.

Reaction Score
Really creepy guy. Math, engineering, physics....pretty sure he had multiple majors. Very smart, but the kind of person that, if you saw him near a playground....you're definately calling the cops.

I don't know when Matt was a student, but he was prevalent in the 90's.

Don't follow, and definitely sounds creepy. I assume you mean a professor or soemthing that was at UConn. I thought it was some kind of 'boneyard' term I didn't recognize. I like to be up to speed on my boneyard lingo.

When it comes to lacrosse though, women players have the best pivot action with the lower body out there. I don't know the dimensions of a lacrosse field, but I see them play on artificial surfaces all the time, I'm sure a lacrosse field would fit in the dimensions of Rentschler.

Love to have a big east lacrosse championship at Rentschler.

Reaction Score
Physics Phil was a campus legend who was a total slob. I have no idea how many times I hung with him, but he wouldn't leave me alone when he'd see me and when I did sit in his car to get a ride somewhere (forgot), I was sitting on a pile of paper. His ridiculously long fingernails were disturbing.

Reaction Score
Physics Phil was a campus legend who was a total slob. I have no idea how many times I hung with him, but he wouldn't leave me alone when he'd see me and when I did sit in his car to get a ride somewhere (forgot), I was sitting on a pile of paper. His ridiculously long fingernails were disturbing.
--------------------------
Why the hell did u get into phils car, are u on crack?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Love to have a big east lacrosse championship at Rentschler.

Does anyone in the Big East even have a lacrosse program going forward? Navy?

I'd love to host the Big East curling championship at the XL Center. Who wants in?

Reaction Score
LMAO.......who can forget Physics Phil?
--------------------------
Rumor had it, his goal was to take EVERY class offered at Storrs. I can't relate, I ran for the door the second I passed my last final! Wanted to get out of there b4 someone in the guidance Dept reevaluated my academic achievements........

Reaction Score
i wasnt sure if anyone would know who he was. he was a legend. i went there from 95-99. he introduced himself to me once, and i guess he seemed nice enough, but i can't believe anyone would actually get in a car with that guy. the rumor i heard was that he had 3 or 4 PhDs, and someone who supposedly knew a former roommate of his said he never flushed his toilet but kept everything in jars for some kind of experiment. definitely not someone i would take a carride from. Butchy must be one brave SOB...or a terrible judge of danger

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I remember Physics Phil. Did he hang out at Ted's sometimes? I seem to remember hanging out with him at a happy hour. Or maybe I just thought it was Physics Phil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom