OT: Impossibly beautiful music | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Impossibly beautiful music

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
In the spirit of the OP, here's one by a folk-metal band:

I've been dabbling in folk-metal a little bit, but haven't run across this band previously. I enjoyed this.

Reaction Score
Orinoco Flow is a good one, but I like this one from Enya's siblings and relatives in Clannad just a bit better.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I think this band is virtually unknown. I stumbled on them thanks to Pandora. The singer's voice is wonderful.

The young woman has quite a pleasant voice. Thanks for finding them. I was not aware of their existence. Have listened to a few pieces since you posted this. They are quite good. :D

Bama fan

Reaction Score
I heard this on WRSI in Greenfield, Mass one day about 20 years ago - never forgot it:

[/Q

I like it. Funny how something can grab your attention and you are not always sure why. Made quite an impression!

Bama fan

Reaction Score
This tale of tragedy certainly fits with the "hauntingly " requirement:

Reaction Score
I am not at all religious, so I do not know why this is so appealing to me. But it is.

I'm likewise Bama in your beliefs, but that movie and soundtrack are just great. :D

Reaction Score
I'd say this instrumental by Boz Scaggs is about as beautiful as it can get:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I do not know why this is so appealing to me

It's because the Cox Family have heavenly voices, that's why! Have you heard anything else by them? They are a treat. They do some other gospel stuff but mostly secular songs. Plenty of covers but some originals.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I heard this on WRSI in Greenfield, Mass one day about 20 years ago - never forgot it:

Interesting. My brother introduced me to a folk singer Cheryl Wheeler years ago. Sounds a bit similar. A brief check on google doesn't indicate they are siblings or otherwise related. Coincidence I guess.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The young woman has quite a pleasant voice. Thanks for finding them. I was not aware of their existence. Have listened to a few pieces since you posted this. They are quite good. :D

There's so much good music out there, some of which sadly barely finds an audience. I'm not one to say all popular music sucks, but I do think some of the obscure artists are definitely way more talented than the megastars. The music biz is strange and often inexplicable to me.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
It's because the Cox Family have heavenly voices, that's why! Have you heard anything else by them? They are a treat. They do some other gospel stuff but mostly secular songs. Plenty of covers but some originals.
After watching Oh Brother and loving it, we bought the soundtrack. As a result I listened to many songs by the artists who performed in the movie. And the Cox family are indeed very talented. :)

Reaction Score
The great bluesman, Robin Trower, could really soften things up very nicely at times:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom