OT: How much would you pay to dunk? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: How much would you pay to dunk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Dunking a basketball is nice and all that but I would really like to finish the class 4 wall on North Palisade before I fall off it. Going to try and solo Black Kaweah in a month, hope springs eternal in old hikers.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
I never dunked but I have pinned a shot on the backboard on a college court before. My hands were always too small to dunk . Hand size is important. In my late forties I'm satisfied with just being able to play competitive 3 on 3 games.

Reaction Score
This came up the other day and I thought it might be good for discussion.

Assuming you have never dunked a basketball on a regulation hoop before, how much would you pay for:

1) One dunk in an empty high school gym with no one watching. It could be any standard type of dunk (one hand, two hands, windmill, 360, etc.)

2) One dunk in the flow of a close mid-level college game. Last 5 minutes. 1,000 people in the stands. Home game. It can be on someone, a breakaway, alley oop, etc. Your call.

After the one dunk in each scenario, you instantly revert back to your present day skill level and athleticism and the money is instantly withdrawn from your account.

You watch these games, and you see these guys throw it down so effortlessly, so emphatically, especially when it's in one's face,
and it's like, "Wow! What it would be like......"

Reaction Score
I never dunked but I have pinned a shot on the backboard on a college court before. My hands were always too small to dunk . Hand size is important. In my late forties I'm satisfied with just being able to play competitive 3 on 3 games.
So true. When I could dunk (3 years removed sadly lol) it was only 2 handed. My hands are so small i can't palm a women's basketball

Reaction Score
My only dunk thus far was against a girls team in an intramural basketball league. It was pretty legit.

Reaction Score
anyone in the valley area of CT who plays ball, get a job in a Scinto complex in Shelton, the summer bball league is free and the winners get a great trip, one time they put us up in the Fountain Bleu in Miami

I worked for Prudential Corp back in 2000 and played in the 3 on 3 scinto league. Decent competition, our team sucked though. I think the prize was a trip to some resort in Mexico.

Reaction Score
Hah, nice. I remember a rivalry with Pru when I was there, which would be about 2007-2012. Pru had so many guys they had up to 3 different teams some summers. I kind of lucked into a good team, my IT guy was the commissioner of the league. Apparently when he saw me walking in for an interview, he asked them to hire me because he needed some more height. Day 1 he's setting my computer up, "you play ball??"

Reaction Score
Don't really care about dunking.
But I'd pay around $5000 to hit a 450ft bomb in a baseball game. Maybe a walk off 3 run shot, no doubter, bat flip. Yes.

Reaction Score
Ball fake, side step the defender shooting out at me and drill a 3 at the buzzer. I'd pay more for that!;)

Reaction Score
A dunk would be fantastic, but $0. It's the landing after that I fear for my currently intact ACL's snapping like Rice Krispies. Or can I pay extra for a stout landing and a muscle flex?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom