OT: How much would you pay to dunk? | The Boneyard

OT: How much would you pay to dunk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This came up the other day and I thought it might be good for discussion.

Assuming you have never dunked a basketball on a regulation hoop before, how much would you pay for:

1) One dunk in an empty high school gym with no one watching. It could be any standard type of dunk (one hand, two hands, windmill, 360, etc.)

2) One dunk in the flow of a close mid-level college game. Last 5 minutes. 1,000 people in the stands. Home game. It can be on someone, a breakaway, alley oop, etc. Your call.

After the one dunk in each scenario, you instantly revert back to your present day skill level and athleticism and the money is instantly withdrawn from your account.

Reaction Score
If I could do multiple dunks at my LAFitness court that would be good enough for me. One other thing, I would like to do them effortlessly and if some of the nicer looking ladies there want to watch, that's fine. BTW, my vertical jump is 2 inches and I have short arms. $100.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
50 cents for the alone dunk.

$15-20 for the mid-level.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Zero
And
zero

I'm a 3 point Assassin

Plus weren't 8 foot hoops invented for guys like us?

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure I'd pay 1,000.00 for the 2nd option. Maybe more.

Reaction Score
when I was 13, my friend and I were playing one on one in the park on an 8 foot hoop in front of some cute girls, including one I really wanted to "explore" a bit more. Last point of the game was me dunking on him off the dribble causing the girls to lose it and gaining me the access to explore. Still one of my fondest memories. Ha.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
A wooden nickel?

I've dunked a tennis ball, volleyball and a women's Bball. I could definitely grab and hang on a rim no problem.

I would think I would know for a fact if I've dunked a men's Bball buy I'm not certain.

Reaction Score
I remember those days of being able to dunk on 10 foot rim. I still remember my first time I dunked with an official size ball at 16. Those were the days of blacktop basketball, now, my knees are horrible and have to ice and take Advil for hours after every 5K jog/run outside or at least advil after a 1-2 hours of doing standard yard work, I am 37 so thats just sad. I would pay $10,000 to get my 17 yr old legs back for a year. For your scenario, $100 for first and $1000 for second.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I'd pay a fair amount to dunk as part of a half contest with a great prize. I would pay up to the prize amount if the gym were filled.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'd pay a fair amount to dunk as part of a half contest with a great prize. I would pay up to the prize amount if the gym were filled.
I'd pay a fair amount to see the "other" Tom Emery dunk as part of a half-time contest at a UConn game. Especially at Gampel; the crowd reaction would blow the roof off the place, and we'd have a much quicker fix for the damn peeling tiles.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
when I was 13, my friend and I were playing one on one in the park on an 8 foot hoop in front of some cute girls, including one I really wanted to "explore" a bit more. Last point of the game was me dunking on him off the dribble causing the girls to lose it and gaining me the access to explore. Still one of my fondest memories. Ha.
13? Some people are just born players.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I'll be 46 on Tuesday and once (just once) dunked a woman's bball in Gampel before our men's intramural Championship game.

I was and still am white, 6ft and slightly buzzed. I'd pay big bucks today just to touch the net and not hurt anything.

Last edited:

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
This is me at 19/20 yo on some random hoop at those sh$hole apartments near Thumpers. Willington Oaks?

Anyhow, this is me at that age.

upload_2016-8-4_0-58-56.png

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
If there was any point in my life where I could have legit dunked a basketball my ego would be even bigger and I would be that much more of an insufferable a-whole.

So basically, I would pay whatever I could.

Reaction Score
I'm mid 30's and can still dunk on a slightly low hoop without much work or effort, but I'm 6'3" so I should be able to do a windmill. I will say that it has always felt great though I never played 'organized' ball and never dunked during a game that meant anything.

I did hit a fadeaway over a 6'8" monstrosity that banked in to seal a summer work tournament that won each of us a trip for 2 to the Bahamas, and that felt fantastic.

anyone in the valley area of CT who plays ball, get a job in a Scinto complex in Shelton, the summer bball league is free and the winners get a great trip, one time they put us up in the Fountain Bleu in Miami

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Like others, I would love to be able to dunk. But to not come by it honestly seems like stolen valor to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom