OT: - OT: How can anyone dislike Lebron James? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: OT: How can anyone dislike Lebron James?

Reaction Score
What? Magic Johnson was 6'9". He switched from PG to center in an NBA Finals games. Westbrook isn't qualified to wash Magic's socks.

And if you think guys that big didn't run the floor with agility and fluidity, then you never saw Olajuwan play.
I think you missed the point of my statement. I’m not comparing Russ and Magic. I’m comparing Russ to other 6’4 guards. And again, Hakeem ran the floor, yes, and was incredibly skilled, but he wasn’t a primary ball handler like KD or Giannis, he didn’t step out and take 3’s ever really either.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Doesn't bode well for you that this is your first line of response to me but let's see how the rest of this goes

lol we are all jerking off on an obscure internet forum, I think I'll be OK.

Nope, I don't need to praise him or anything; and I've never called Brady a bitc

I've interacted with hundreds if not thousands of fans with a NY bent, and probably 99%+ rip Brady for looking for calls--which is fine; it's hard to find much else to hate on. So you are the Unicorn.

Like Brady throwing his hands up a the refs any time anyone grazes his helmet? LMAO

Yeah these aren't equivalent at all. LeBron does the same 50% of every game and I don't hate him for it. In fact, damn near every single player and coach in all of sports does this. It's simply trying to use your force of personality and well earned benefit of the doubt to mentally control the ref. Calhoun was a machine in this dept.

The other is deliberately trying to fool the ref and screw the opposition by being soft. Most players don't flop. You either flop, or you take the charge. I'm a soccer fan and don't like it in that sport either--though it's more understandable as every penalty is worth like 30pts in basketball.

Minimizing the gesture (which is the important thing) is pretty sad on your part. These aren't $500 suits we're talking. And he's buying at least 10.

I didn't say it wasn't a good thing. It's fine, tho not uncommon. But money is just money. Especially to LeBron who basically has infinite money. There's way better ways to be a leader on the court. Nobody ever mistook LeBron for being an A+ leader. Plenty of reports of dudes who were happy to get away from LeBron and his circus (latest being Lonzo iirc).

Plenty of guys don't want to play with plenty of guys. Some don't want to play with him because, given the player and person he is, he is given all the attention. DWade wanted to play with him... AD clearly loves playing with him... Kevin Love wanted to play with him...

He has some friends; can't think of anybody who doesn't. I like and have a lot of respect for Wade. I'd disagree that Love wanted to play with him after the fact, but that's something that would be hard to prove either way.

And what contemporaries "clown on him?"

Steph and Kyrie were both on vid clowning LeBron. That's what I was referring to specifically there.

"Insufferable" lmao you drama queen. Get over it; dude has an ego. All these guys have egos. It's called being the greatest in the world at a sport for 15 years.

Of course he has an ego. In fact, I want him to have an ego on the court. I respect that. It's off the court he's unintentional comedy. Only a matter of time before LeBron pulls an Al Gore and 'invents the internet' lol

This to me is classic/prototypical LeBron. Dude has a pathological need to be loved by all and praised constantly for his talents. Again, not a bad guy, but just funny and insecure for one so talented. This is perfect LBJ:

"That one right there made me the greatest player of all time. That's what I felt. I was just super, super ecstatic to win one for Cleveland because of the 52-year [championship] drought...The first wave of emotion, where everyone saw me crying, like, that was all for 52 years of everything in sports going on in Cleveland.
"And then, after I stopped I was like, shhh...That one right there made you the greatest player of all time. Everybody was just talking, how they were the greatest team of all time, like, they was the greatest team ever assembled. And for us to come back, you know, the way we came back in that fashion, I was like...you did something special."

I guess I did; you clearly didn't think too hard about what you've posted ITT lol

I'm totally fine with the tenor of what I posted, even if lacking exposition . There's millions upon millions of folks who are in my camp. Just the way it is. LeBron is great to laugh at on social media so there is that bonus

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I've seen it several times now where Lebron calls people uneducated, one of them being Daryl Morey who is a Northwestern and MIT grad. Lebron has a high school degree, it doesn't mean he shouldn't use his platform to voice his opinions but I've seen him step outside his lane several times now and come across as a pontificator. I hope he's just entirely uneducated on China's horrendous human rights abuses because the alternative just makes Lebron a bad guy.

He said Morey was misinformed or uneducated "on the situation".

Reaction Score
Lmaooo thanks for the input Bobby. I’ll walk you back to the kids table; you can come back when you have something of substance to contribute. I’ll cut up your hot dog for you.

Lmaoooo it’s the truth, you slobber his balls. You know it, we all know it so what’s the problem? I said he’s a great player but you take it personally when anyone doesn’t cherish him as much as you. It’s bizarre.

Reaction Score
Who the heck is Lebron James to say that and why is he shilling for the Chinese government?
I'm really curious as to why anybody cares what athletes have to say about China. They're already outliers when it comes to our own economy. They don't have to care about any of it. Why bother asking them about it and why get all up in arms about their responses? Lol such a waste of time.

Reaction Score
uh, he wasn't "shilling" for anyone. He was actually in China when this all broke (a little scary proly) and Morey is an employee of essentially the same company as Lebron. What Morey is tweeting is negatively impacting his peers. His response made that pretty clear.

Lebron didn't comment for a full week after the tweet IIRC and proly didn't want to say anything but I'm guessing he was asked about it incessantly b/c some people want to know his thoughts (despite claiming that they don't want to hear athletes / actors etc talk about this stuff).

Reaction Score
Who the heck is Lebron James to say that and why is he shilling for the Chinese government?

Holy ___ this is getting nuts.

Look, I cringed when Lebron said what he said. I really did. But he wasn't "shilling for the Chinese government." He was trying to toe the company line. Does that justify what he said? Depends who you talk to.

But I'm curious how many people here - assuming anyone outside of their immediate circle looked to them to weigh in on anything controversial - would take a very public stance that was directly adverse to the interests of their employer.

The NBA has big $ in China. That's just a fact. Should the players boycott their games until the NBA gets out of China? This stuff is a little more complicated than that. Again, I'm not saying he was right or the Chinese government is anything to be respected but this "shilling for China" and he's a "bad guy" stuff is a little wild. He was put in a tough situation and would probably want a do-over on the response, but if you think he's going to come out and roast China . . .

I mean, there are people in this thread praising Michael Jordan for never saying anything about anything. I suppose that's more admirable?

Reaction Score
Lmaoooo it’s the truth, you slobber his balls. You know it, we all know it so what’s the problem? I said he’s a great player but you take it personally when anyone doesn’t cherish him as much as you. It’s bizarre.
Not dignifying this nonsense with a response

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Every call that goes against the team he always has his nose into it, always barking at the refs - I could not imagine being the coach because these guys are nearly forced to take a back seat to LeBron. Imagine JC, Bobby Knight or Gene Keady putting up with that?

Not that i enjoy defending LBJ, but if he put up 35/13/9, i think they'd be A-OK with it.

and not for nothing, but all those guys were on the ref 24/7

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
#okboomer
Dude, the NBA is exciting as it’s ever been. And I watched all those guys you named, too.
I'm not a boomer. I missed by 3 years so I'm an early Gen Xer (I'm 52). I watch the Celtics games still, but not religiously, and for the most part don't like the NBA game. The team basketball concept has somewhat gone away. I really disliked the isolation game they had gone to some years ago. Now everyone just stands outside the 3 point line and tosses them up. It may be exciting in terms of competitiveness, but I don't enjoy the product.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
But I'm curious how many people here - assuming anyone outside of their immediate circle looked to them to weigh in on anything controversial - would take a very public stance that was directly adverse to the interests of their employer.

I'm not saying I would, but there's plenty of people protesting their company these days, specifically at Google to name one in particular. A lot of them getting fired of course. Nobody firing LBJ tho.

This is one of those situations where his best course of action would have been to say nothing.

Reaction Score
I'm really curious as to why anybody cares what athletes have to say about China. They're already outliers when it comes to our own economy. They don't have to care about any of it. Why bother asking them about it and why get all up in arms about their responses? Lol such a waste of time.
Lebron is the face of the league so any issues that effect the league he'll be asked about it. Reporters wanted Lebron's opinion on this especially because in the recent past he's been so outspoken about social issues. I don't think anyone expected him to call Morey uneducated and selfish. I think people care because it completely goes against what Lebron has said he's fighting for in the past.

Reaction Score

Look, I cringed when Lebron said what he said. I really did. But he wasn't "shilling for the Chinese government." He was trying to toe the company line. Does that justify what he said? Depends who you talk to.

The NBA has big $ in China. That's just a fact. Should the players boycott their games until the NBA gets out of China? This stuff is a little more complicated than that. Again, I'm not saying he was right or the Chinese government is anything to be respected but this "shilling for China" and he's a "bad guy" stuff is a little wild. He was put in a tough situation and would probably want a do-over on the response, but if you think he's going to come out and roast China . . .

I mean, there are people in this thread praising Michael Jordan for never saying anything about anything. I suppose that's more admirable?

this

Reaction Score

Of course he was shilling for China. He called Morey uneducated on China and selfish. These poor people are putting their lives on the line to exist and that's his response. You either say no comment or you say I stand with Daryl Morey. It makes his other stances on social justice look like a crock.

Reaction Score
He was not shilling for anyone other than the NBA maybe. Your opinion is ridiculous. He was very clear that he was not opining on China.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
It’s also your job to know the friggin score. It’s literally EVERYWHERE around the players.

And you gotta know your teammates, JR is a classic dumbarse so you've got to be on him 24/7

Reaction Score
1583861155732.png

Reaction Score
He was not shilling for anyone other than the NBA maybe. Your opinion is ridiculous. He was very clear that he was not opining on China.
What? Of course he was opining on China. Did you think he was talking about Canada?

Reaction Score
What? Of course he was opining on China. Did you think he was talking about Canada?

Actually this wasn't part of his original quote but here you are:

Let me clear up the confusion. I do not believe there was any consideration for the consequences and ramifications of the tweet. I’m not discussing the substance. Others can talk About that.

— LeBron James (@KingJames) October 15, 2019

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom