OT: - OT: How can anyone dislike Lebron James? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: OT: How can anyone dislike Lebron James?

Reaction Score
This is pretty good...even by ‘yard standards. Several things:

You can say basketball players / actors / musicians “shouldn’t talk Politics” but then WTF should you be able to give your opinion? They’re certainly more successful and important than you.

Lebron ain’t no MJ.

Any reference to “no defense” being played in the NBA is like stamping an L on your forehead

I don’t think any rational person would call Lebron uneducated, unless you think that a certain way of speaking (a dialect essentially) equates to education.

I’d literally love to see every single person in this thread become worth several hundred million dollars supporting god knows how many people and charities give a about “China” or “Communism” (which has never actually existed anywhere in the world and certainly does not exist in modern day China).

Anecdotal story: a guy I used to work with grew up in Akron. Same age as LBJ. Knew him from rec leagues, basketball camps. 7th or 8th grade summer camp the other team puts their biggest kid on LBJ hoping he can slow him down. Kid is BIG, not as tall as LBJ but bigger. Kid basically assaults LBJ on a drive to the hoop. LBJ’s Mom and “Step Dad” (Step Dad was emphasized to me b/c the implication was that there were several over the years) run onto court and start hitting other kid, ref, other coach. Total shitshow.

Point being, a bunch of fat, boring white dudes from CT proly shouldn’t comment on things they don’t and never will understand.

Reaction Score
One of the greatest to ever play the game... Can't stand him. It started with his attempt to buy championships in Miami. And from there he has embraced the bad guy role imo. Now from taco Tuesday to getting in the middle of his sons basketball games, to the ridiculous flopping, he annoys the crap out of me. He went from what appeared to be a humble kid to the stereotypical Superstar who speaks about himself in the third person type.

There is no denying the guys talent but can't stand the person.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Is that seriously supposed to be some retort? Good god 2 of the last 5 Finals averaged 20 million viewers. Game 7 of 2016 had 30 million, the most watched game ever, irrespective of network; 7th televised sporting event except NFL and the Olympics to reach that viewership.

And I'm the one who is "not well" LMAOOOO

And of course none of this has to do with whether the game is exciting. The fact that more people wanted to watch Jordan’s "last" Finals has zero to do with whether the product now is better or not (which is obviously subjective--but yes, it is better now).

But of course we're dealing with a guy who worships someone for whom "ratings" mean everything. And will mischararacterize the "ratings" to his ends.

So I'm hardly surprised to see the shallow analysis.

It's like comparing the "ratings" of a critically acclaimed show on a cable network now vs some crap network show from the 80s and saying the network show was better because it had higher ratings.

Reaction Score

You can say basketball players / actors / musicians “shouldn’t talk Politics” but then should you be able to give your opinion? They’re certainly more successful and important than you.

Lebron ain’t no MJ.

Any reference to “no defense” being played in the NBA is like stamping an L on your forehead

I don’t think any rational person would call Lebron uneducated, unless you think that a certain way of speaking (a dialect essentially) equates to education.

I’d literally love to see every single person in this thread become worth several hundred million dollars supporting god knows how many people and charities give a # 2 about “China” or “Communism” (which has never actually existed anywhere in the world and certainly does not exist in modern day China).

Anecdotal story: a guy I used to work with grew up in Akron. Same age as LBJ. Knew him from rec leagues, basketball camps. 7th or 8th grade summer camp the other team puts their biggest kid on LBJ hoping he can slow him down. Kid is BIG, not as tall as LBJ but bigger. Kid basically assaults LBJ on a drive to the hoop. LBJ’s Mom and “Step Dad” (Step Dad was emphasized to me b/c the implication was that there were several over the years) run onto court and start hitting other kid, ref, other coach. Total shitshow.

Point being, a bunch of fat, boring white dudes from CT proly shouldn’t comment on things they don’t and never will understand.

Boy you made a lot of friends with that finish lol. What a joke! People can express what they want and I'm sure there are many "fat white dudes" that know enough to express their opinion and more than you to top it off. Because that guy you used to work with gave you that story you suddenly know more than some fat white dudes. Worst post in the thread, nice job though making friends.

Reaction Score
Wow some of you guys seem to know Lebron personally. I was only marveling his performance/skills at his age and his history of staying out of trouble. This is a man who really never had a childhood (think Michael Jackson), and always a public figure since his teens.

Didn't realize some of his unpopular decisions, opinions/statements and demonstrative on court reactions would sour basketball fans towards him. Even the word 'hate' has been used in this thread.

I wonder if he were to sit down with some of these posters for dinner and get to know him and his background, would their perception change?

Reaction Score
The NBA has certainly evolved but I can live without watching jump hooks from oafy big guys. There’s plenty of room for athletic bigs who can play team D.

There are just so many athletes on the floor. Watching a Bucks-Mavs game is fun as hell.

I don't know that I want the days of Billy Paultz back, but I wouldn't mind Hakeem, David Robinson, Shaq, Ewing in the middle.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Wow some of you guys seem to know Lebron personally. I was only marveling his performance/skills at his age and his history of staying out of trouble. This is a man who really never had a childhood (think Michael Jackson), and always a public figure since his teens.

Didn't realize some of his unpopular decisions, opinions/statements and demonstrative on court reactions would sour basketball fans towards him. Even the word 'hate' has been used in this thread.

I wonder if he were to sit down with some of these posters for dinner and get to know him and his background, would their perception change?

Probably, but he wouldn't do that. Great player. Top 5 all time. But other than that I don't have any overly positive or negative views of him. I'm not going to give him extra credit for not getting arrested or beating anyone close to him. That should be expected. He's a prima dona, like many in the NBA.

I think I'm past viewing any ballplayer as a big deal.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I don't know that I want the days of Billy Paultz back, but I wouldn't mind Hakeem, David Robinson, Shaq, Ewing in the middle.

Here's the thing. I think every single one of those guys would stand out in today's NBA. Except for Shaq, their games would be different. They'd all be shooting 3s. But they'd be great.

If Joel Embiid played 20 years ago, he would have been a star just like he is now -- only back then people would have been raving about his drop step and 15-foot baseline jumper.

Zion Williamson would have been a dominant back-to-the-basket player. This is a helluva lot more fun.

We haven't seen another Shaq because there just aren't 320-pound guys that agile who can just dominate everyone inside. But if another Shaq were to come along, his team would be more than happy to let him dominate inside on offense and patrol the paint.

Reaction Score
Here's the thing. I think every single one of those guys would stand out in today's NBA. Except for Shaq, their games would be different. They'd all be shooting 3s. But they'd be great.

If Joel Embiid played 20 years ago, he would have been a star just like he is now -- only back then people would have been raving about his drop step and 15-foot baseline jumper.

Zion Williamson would have been a dominant back-to-the-basket player. This is a helluva lot more fun.

We haven't seen another Shaq because there just aren't 320-pound guys that agile who can just dominate everyone inside. But if another Shaq were to come along, his team would be more than happy to let him dominate inside on offense and patrol the paint.

I just don't agree. I don't see Ewing or Olajuwon shooting 3's regularly. I don't think Zion would be a dominant back to the basket player and is dominating now in part because of much smaller, perimeter oriented frontcourts.

Does Giannis play the same game against a frontline of Mahorn, Rodman and Laimbeer?

Reaction Score
The way @Rocktheworld slobbers Lebron’s balls here is hilarious. He’s a great player but good lord
Lmaooo thanks for the input Bobby. I’ll walk you back to the kids table; you can come back when you have something of substance to contribute. I’ll cut up your hot dog for you.

Reaction Score

Watch "Charles Barkley - The Beast" on YouTube
Charles Barkley - The Beast

Dominique was incredible, I agree. But the amount of athletes that jump just as high now, or higher even, is evident. For one, LeBron is the most physically gifted athlete I have ever seen. Then you have guys like Blake, Lavine, early Dwight, Aaron Gordon, heck even Gerald Green who absolutely fly.

Reaction Score

You can say basketball players / actors / musicians “shouldn’t talk Politics” but then should you be able to give your opinion? They’re certainly more successful and important than you.

Lebron ain’t no MJ.

I’d literally love to see every single person in this thread become worth several hundred million dollars supporting god knows how many people and charities give a # 2 about “China” or “Communism” (which has never actually existed anywhere in the world and certainly does not exist in modern day China).

I've seen it several times now where Lebron calls people uneducated, one of them being Daryl Morey who is a Northwestern and MIT grad. Lebron has a high school degree, it doesn't mean he shouldn't use his platform to voice his opinions but I've seen him step outside his lane several times now and come across as a pontificator. I hope he's just entirely uneducated on China's horrendous human rights abuses because the alternative just makes Lebron a bad guy.

Reaction Score
Dominique was incredible, I agree. But the amount of athletes that jump just as high now, or higher even, is evident. For one, LeBron is the most physically gifted athlete I have ever seen. Then you have guys like Blake, Lavine, early Dwight, Aaron Gordon, heck even Gerald Green who absolutely fly.
I watch a lot of basketball and none of those guys really do the things Nique and Barkley did on the court. If we're talking just pure athlete Zion is the one guy who is more impressive athletically than anyone I've ever seen on a basketball court but all those 80's legends he named are just as good athletically as anyone else today.

Reaction Score
I watch a lot of basketball and none of those guys really do the things Nique and Barkley did on the court. If we're talking just pure athlete Zion is the one guy who is more impressive athletically than anyone I've ever seen on a basketball court but all those 80's legends he named are just as good athletically as anyone else today.
I disagree. You didn’t see anyone playing
PG with the size, strength and power of Russ. You didn’t see someone who was 7’0 go the full length of the floor with the fluidity of a guard like Giannis or KD, and those same players who can step out and hit a three. 6’8, 265 and 35 years old, LeBron is still in a class of his own athletically and mentally.

Reaction Score
PG with the size, strength and power of Russ. You didn’t see someone who was 7’0 go the full length of the floor with the fluidity of a guard like Giannis or KD, and those same players who can step out and hit a three. 6’8, 265 and 35 years old, LeBron is still in a class of his own athletically and mentally.
I was referring to this post and you saying the athletes today put those guys way in the rearview mirror. Roles change with 6'11 guys having guard skills and shooting three pointers now but those guys named aren't taking a back seat to anyone athletically. Olajuwan, Shaq, Ewing, Malone, Barkley etc. would destroy today's guys down low. It's just different styles of play. Bird would be even more amazing in today's wide open skill/finesse game.
The NBA is turrable. I grew up watching Bird, Jordan, Malone, Olajuwan, Barkley, Ewing, Wilkins, and so many more talented athletes that played the game the right way. Today's game is unwatchable.

College basketball is a lot more entertaining. When I hear people comparing Lebron to Jordan I cringe

Reaction Score
I was referring to this post and you saying the athletes today put those guys way in the rearview mirror. Roles change with 6'11 guys having guard skills and shooting three pointers now but those guys named aren't taking a back seat to anyone athletically. Olajuwan, Shaq, Ewing, Malone, Barkley etc. would destroy today's guys down low. It's just different styles of play. Bird would be even more amazing in today's wide open skill/finesse game.
Oh they would obliterate guys down low today I agree. But that’s due to the game changing and promoting perimeter play so much more. I was sorta referring to eye-popping speed and athleticism.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
those who know tell me that 'back in the day' walt frazier, was the epitome of skill, style, and class. to this day, anytime that guy speaks, I listen. of course, beside family hoop tales and vids, my introduction to him came from his knick broadcasting. on that score, I really, really feel bad for him having to suffer that decades long mess. mr james can only dream of being the nyc icon that still is clyde - like 40 years after his day on the court. awesomesauce, luv dat guy. and, oh, they say that the whole shoe naming thing began when puma first came out with the 'clyde,' which is still made today. seriously, does anyone think that 40 years from now there will even be a 'lebron' shoe? on the other hand, i'm confident that mj kix will still be breathing.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

What? Magic Johnson was 6'9". He switched from PG to center in an NBA Finals games. Westbrook isn't qualified to wash Magic's socks.

And if you think guys that big didn't run the floor with agility and fluidity, then you never saw Olajuwan play.

Reaction Score
Honestly LeBron James is not even that unlikable. You know who I can't absolutely can't stand are his blind witnesses, his so called fans, the bronsexuals who in their eyes the man can do no wrong. It's precisely his annoying fanboys in the media and people who posts dumb stuff like "how can anyone dislike LeBron James" in Boneyard who generate so much hate for the man! Don't taint our forum with garbage like this! LeBron doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as MJ. It's pathetic how he is trying to act like he is 'woke' when in reality he knows nothing about politics. If not for our guy Ray Allen saving his sorry ass in the finals against the SPURS this guy would be 2-7 in the finals and should be considered one of the biggest losers in the playoff history. "How can anyone dislike LeBron James" LMAO da fuq outta here with this silly stuff.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom