OT: Horrid Situation in Newtown | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Horrid Situation in Newtown

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
So horrible, so sorry for this senseless act. Thoughts and prayers.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
So horrible. I just don't understand how a person can get to a place where they can do something like this. Prayers for all those who lost someone today. Prayers for those who have to deal with, respond to this today.

Just beyond what I can comprehend.

Reaction Score
As a resident of Sandy Hook, withe school a mile from my home, I am having a lot of trouble understanding this.

Sandy Hook Elementary sponsors one of our district' Cub pack. These are families and Scout leaders who I have worked with. I cannot imagine how to deal with this.

All your prayers for our community is greatly appreciated.

I'm terribly sorry for you and others in the community that had to experience such horror and tragedy. Sending prayers to you. :(

Reaction Score
I just wanted to send my deepest condolences to all UCONN fans who may be personally affected by this senseless tragedy. My heart is aching for these families right now.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I just got back from our company XMas party. A man I work with was good friends with the kindergarten teacher that was killed. He is absolutely devastated. Everyone at the party was choked up on hearing the news but seeing this good man crying for the senseless murder of a woman whose life's mission was to nurture children was heartbreaking. A horrible tragedy, one whose effects will ripple out to all corners of our small state.

Reaction Score
I heard this at work today and just had tears in my eyes because to think of these children and their families and what their going through? Nobody in that school deserved this to happen. I will never understand how anyone can be that angry about something that they take innocent lives. Something's gotta give this has GOT to be the straw that breaks the camels back. I just hate this. And these kids are preparing for Christmas and Santa will never come to them thus year it's just horrid horrid. I just can't even get my thoughts together but my prayers go out to all people especially the one's affected

Reaction Score
Welcome to the Apocalypse. I am saddened but not shocked. Much like cold sores and boils are only the surface result of a deeper internal illness, so acts like this are only reflective of a deeper and more expansive problem. The consequences of which we will soon see more of. [mod edit]

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I just got back from our company XMas party.
We had our "Holiday Luncheon" today also. I saw something before I left for it and it said there was a shooting in CT, one person was shot in the foot.....and that was it. Wasn't til later at the party that someone mentioned 18 dead. I was shocked. Put a real damper on everything today.

Went to the gym tonight to burn some frustration.

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
I cannot wrap my mind around this, more the less my heart. A dear friend is the pastor of Newtown's UMC. What they are all going through. Prayers.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
O Connecticut, my beautiful home state....they are weeping for their children, and for the families and friends of those who will wake up tomorrow and realize that the nightmare was in fact reality.

To pray for peace for this state and these people seems so minute a gesture...it is just that, a little gesture, yet it is all I can do, that, and weep with them.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
What happened in Newtown was a very terrible thing. I know no one, but today I am very very sad. This is a time to reflect on the good. There are no answers. There is no understanding. It is times like this that we ask what is happening to America? God Bless the people in Newtown.

[edited for political content]

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I am editing and deleting political content from this thread. Please go to the Cesspool if you want to discuss gun control, politics, religion, etc.

A wise decision. I regret that I was among those whose anger was expressed here and was appropriately deleted.

I and my family felt a keen sense of shock when we first heard reports of this tragedy, when it appeared that the victims were tiny kindergartners.

One of my most cherished friends is a brother paratrooper, combat veteran and purple heart recipient. Beyond that, he is founder and CEO of a company (Heroes Villages LLC) whose sole focus is on veterans (hiring, training, job placement and provision of housing). At our Memorial Day parade last year, I rode in his convertible with him, his daughter and my grandson. When we were without power during Hurricane Sandy, he insisted that we stay in his home for several days. He lives in Newtown.

I mentioned his lovely daughter. She is five years old. Kindergartner. Sandy Hook Elementary School. Newtown.

She survived. Thank God.

Reaction Score
Silent night, holy night
All is calm, all is bright
Round yon Virgin Mother and Child
Holy Infant so tender and mild
Sleep in heavenly peace
Sleep in heavenly peace

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
A wise decision. I regret that I was among those whose anger was expressed here and was appropriately deleted.

I and my family felt a keen sense of shock when we first heard reports of this tragedy, when it appeared that the victims were tiny kindergartners.

One of my most cherished friends is a brother paratrooper, combat veteran and purple heart recipient. Beyond that, he is founder and CEO of a company (Heroes Villages LLC) whose sole focus is on veterans (hiring, training, job placement and provision of housing). At our Memorial Day parade last year, I rode in his convertible with him, his daughter and my grandson. When we were without power during Hurricane Sandy, he insisted that we stay in his home for several days. He lives in Newtown.

I mentioned his lovely daughter. She is five years old. Kindergartner. Sandy Hook Elementary School. Newtown.

She survived. Thank God.

Thank God, indeed!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
My family lived in Newtown for 13 years and it was a great family/school oriented town. Seeing our old haunts with the makeshift memorials is beyond eerie and heart breaking. A daughter is a trauma nurse at Danbury Hospital and she headed over shortly after the news broke. Of course all know that all the gearing up for mass casualties was for naught. Lots of personnel at Danbury struggled mightily with this, just as are people all over. We have to find a way to better identify the souls on the verge of snapping and identify them and treat them much earlier. We could also stop being a culture that worships violence and seems so desensitized to it. May God give comfort to all touched by the unspeakable in Newtown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom