OT: Hartford Train | The Boneyard

OT: Hartford Train

Reaction Score
I will be taking the train from New Haven to the XL center this Saturday for the first time. Getting there is no issue, as there are multiple trains. However, the last train out is at 10:24 PM. I was wondering if anyone had experience with the train on gamedays and if they held it until the game was over, or if its on a strict schedule. Thanks!

Reaction Score
That line runs freight overnight so I cannot imagine they will delay the train.

Is this a common thing New Haven/FFC people do for games in Hartford?
I don't think so. I've never even considered it to be honest.

Reaction Score
That line runs freight overnight so I cannot imagine they will delay the train.

Is this a common thing New Haven/FFC people do for games in Hartford?
Will be my first time doing it; usually I drive (although I'm usually coming from 4+hours away) but will be going with family and there is too many people for one car so we wanted to simplify it

Reaction Score
I will be taking the train from New Haven to the XL center this Saturday for the first time. Getting there is no issue, as there are multiple trains. However, the last train out is at 10:24 PM. I was wondering if anyone had experience with the train on gamedays and if they held it until the game was over, or if its on a strict schedule. Thanks!
I wouldn’t miss it. They won’t hold. It’s a very easy ride on CT Rail and cheap, but it isn’t a popular option for some reason.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They won't hold the train. Seems perfect for the 6:30 and 7pm games.

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t miss it. They won’t hold. It’s a very easy ride on CT Rail and cheap, but it isn’t a popular option for some reason.
It isn't popular because it doesn't run frequently enough and is usually not well catered to the timing of games. I've looked into it before and it never seems to lineup well. I would like to but the service needs to be improved.

Reaction Score
This is a great question.

I would definitely call them and ask - my guess is they would but I would want to hear it from them before I did anything.

The Hartford Line is great - they only need to advertise more - kind of confusing - which Amtrak which Hartford line and switching in New Haven.

But the train is much better option my my opinion especially if drinking before, during game.

Reaction Score
I take the train to almost every game and will be taking it to Saturday's too. They did adjust the train times and add an extra late night train when UConn hosted the AAC tournament but don't for typical games.

So an 8pm tip is pretty much the latest you can have to make the 10:24. Fortunately it's a 5 min walk from XL to the station so if you're out of the building by 10:15 you'll make the train just fine.

And the reason for that time is actually linking to the New Haven Line. The last train out of New Haven is 11:38 so they align the Hartford Line for that last transfer.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Too bad the Fed closed, could always sleep there on the barstools if you miss the last train.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Looks like you either get stranded in Hartford or you leave early to make it and become a fair weather fan @XLCenterFan
lol. Appreciate the acknowledgment. One of the rules is:

Showing up late and/or leaving early WILL give you the label of casual/fairweather fan. The reason does not matter. Only the death of a loved one exempts one from this.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
lol. Appreciate the acknowledgment. One of the rules is:

Showing up late and/or leaving early WILL give you the label of casual/fairweather fan. The reason does not matter. Only the death of a loved one exempts one from this.
Well, it exempts your deceased loved one anyway.

Reaction Score

Heads up, crazy busy travel day so Amtraks are selling out. The 3 and 5pm trains out of New Haven are now sold out. The CT Rail trains (tickets are interchangeable between Amtrak and CT rail) don’t sell out (they just pack em in or add cars like Metro North). So the 2:27 and 4 (out of NH) are still good to go.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom