OT Gronk To Tampa | The Boneyard

OT Gronk To Tampa

Reaction Score
How many athletes can stay retired when still at a young age

Reaction Score
The marketing angles are endless. Tampa will make their money back in ticket sales, inceased TV and AD revenues, and they can decrease their marketing/advertising budget. They will also let Gronk continue to wrestle and do everything else that Gronk does.

Reaction Score
With no baseball or basketball to discuss, I've noticed in the past few weeks every time I check out a radio sports talk show on Sirius - they are talking Tom Brady to Tampa maybe 75% of the time. With this move, it could be TB & Gronk 24/7. :(:D:rolleyes::eek::)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It's real and it's unbelievable that Gronk came out of retirement to join his buddy Tom. Woohoo!!!!!!!!!

Brady will probably pick him up at the airport after Gronk lands in Brady's private jet he'll send to pick him up. ;) I like Gronk. I'm glad he's coming back. Anyone think he won't enjoy Florida? (no state income tax) The Bucs fans will love him, and he’ll love them. Wow, new uniforms (thank goodness), a new sheriff in town and one of his favorite receivers along for the ride.

If you think Gronk was a wild and crazy guy in Foxborough, wait until the folks in Tampa Bay get a load of him, with all that Florida sunshine and fresh ocean air. I think we can expect to see the Buccaneers on TV a lot this coming season. Fans will want to see if Brady can pull this off. :eek:

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Do you keep score? If you miss one does it count? By the time I could add up the hits vs the misses, I will be far too old to bow! ;)

Naw, I’ve have acute short term memory loss on the ones I miss. It’s more fun and rewarding to recall the things I correctly predict. I can remember those for years, especially the ones you call early in the season, and it, or the player turns out exactly like you call it. Funny how that works.;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Brady will probably pick him up at the airport after Gronk lands in Brady's private jet he'll send to pick him up. ;) I like Gronk. I'm glad he's coming back. Anyone think he won't enjoy Florida? :rolleyes: The Bucs fans will love him!!!
He already loves Florida. He owns a luxury condo in Miami and his mother lives in Ft Myers.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Glad Tampa has a lot of $
I read in one of the early trade articles that the Pats had a sweetheart contract deal with Gronk and he still had 1 year left on it when he "retired". He wasn't the type of person that was going to sit out and demand to renegotiate his contract even after being a Pro Bowl caliber player and 3 time SB champion.
So, seeing how that contract was current, did the Bucs offer him a new one (depending on the results of his physical)?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I might have to pop over to Tampa for some games. I used to avoid Foxboro because you had to dress in 14 layers of clothes to be warm. In Florida, it’s shorts and flip-flops weather. I went to the Camping World bowl in January and wore shorts and a tee. (It was Notre Dame’s bowl; I wore a UConn shirt)

Reaction Score
It's real and it's unbelievable that Gronk came out of retirement to join his buddy Tom. Woohoo!!!!!!!!!
How do you put all that weight back on and regain all that strength ? It will be interesting to watch.

Reaction Score
How do you put all that weight back on and regain all that strength ? It will be interesting to watch.
Too bad they don't sell steroids in Florida...wait I think Arod has a cousin in Miami..

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
4qc77tzlz8u41.jpg

Reaction Score
I certainly missed watching Gronk this last season. And I do understand the frustration of being sidelined. Nonetheless, I'm looking at his physical history and wishing that he had found satisfaction in volunteer work or coaching.

Reaction Score
If this season is played there will be some questions answered. One will be the the influence that playing for a Belichick coached team had on Brady. Let us not forget that the quarterbacks who replaced him had winning records but, with the exception of Jimmy Garappolo, regressed when they went to other teams. The second is the physical endurance of Gronkowski. After playing high school, college, and, finally, pro ball for nine years, one year off is not going to absolve his body of the wear and tear it accumulated. The third is their desire to get out of the process of doing things "The Patriot Way." I'm not sure if there is a "Tampa Bay Way" but theirs is not a history of consistency the ownership of the Pats have shown. All in all this should be a most interesting season.

Reaction Score
I might have to pop over to Tampa for some games. I used to avoid Foxboro because you had to dress in 14 layers of clothes to be warm. In Florida, it’s shorts and flip-flops weather. I went to the Camping World bowl in January and wore shorts and a tee. (It was Notre Dame’s bowl; I wore a UConn shirt)
Rub it in LOL!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom